MR focus group

darthinwah

Hello,

This may have been posted before so ignore if so. If not, I and few other luck guys have been selected to visit Master Replicas corporate office to talk about upcoming products. If you have suggestions or requests for future releases, please post here.

thanx.
Hope to help out.

Perhaps an MR "Support Group" for members here might be in better order? :lol

MR really should "Focus" on fixing the screw-up's before planning new products ...

Just my 2 cents ;)

FP

I think Indiana Jones should be up near the top. I'm sure they have the licence from the pics we've seen and the rumors we've heard. They're probably just holding off relasing anything until we hear something concrete about the new movie. In anycase, that's the stuff i'm waiting for.

I am sure they are probably being held back by the licensee until the movie is closer to release.
Its going to be an interesting balance in seeing how they take the input of the group. You have to balance the realities of design and production to the demands of the consumer base which can be pretty persnickety. Nice to hear that they are taking a more active response to the consumer, looking at the announcement on the CE line with the metal sabers, looks like they are listening already.

How about not putting things on sale a year before they can deliver. Why not wait till items are in production insead of on the drawing board.

Originally posted by jedistine@Apr 5 2006, 08:50 AM
How about not putting things on sale a year before they can deliver. Why not wait till items are in production insead of on the drawing board.
[snapback]1220289[/snapback]​

That's a test of the market waters to see if there will be interest in an item. If they don't get enough presales then there's squat all of a chance of having the funding for a full production run. Look at the LoTR F/X Sting. They intended to market them at $120 and ended up selling most of the stock at around $20 because of a lack of interest.

Hmmm....I'll ponder this and get back to you. Thanks for starting the thread, darthinwah.

I would get the Indiana Jones stuff out now. Then when the interest for the new movie starts, there will already be stuff available.

Maybe thats just me being hopeful.

More guns, more blasters, more helmets, more lightsabres and a Pulse Rifle.

For the female market the guns could be painted pink. (jk)

As the StarTrek items seem to sell very well, perhaps a look at other 'classic' sci-fi series or movies would be an interesting move.

I do find it incongrous to see Shrek and Disney and muppets in the same company as StarWars and StarTrek . But that's just me.

Suggestions: Better quality control, better release timing/schedule, better communication. As far specific items: More Star Trek, and how about the hottest Sci-Fi TV show currently on: "Battlestar Galactica."

Indiana Jones.

I was told in person by Steve at C3 that they had already acquired the liscence from LFL, then told months later by a LFL marketing executive that they had never sold the Indy liscence. I was like, "WTF? Someone is either lying or someone let the cat out of the bag too early."

I did see a prototype of the headpiece which seemed to look good so I know they have had some dealings with the Indy stuff.

On another note, if they are able to talk Indy stuff, their idea to add the Belloq headpiece with the Raven Bar headpiece to make a set, has not been well received...at all. Everyone I told had the exact same reaction when I told them what Steve told me, that both headpieces would be in a set. People were asking why they'd do a prop that was never featured in the film at all? I have to agree. I'd rather see them do both versions of the headpiece seen in the film. NO interest in a Belloq headpiece at all and it seems alot of other people agree. At least the ones I talked to.

If theres any way to get some answers out of them on this, please give it a go. Thanks.

Here is my two cents, for what it's worth. They appear to be on the right track with CE items. There should be more options for folks who do not or cannot spend close to a thousand dollars on a helmet or five hundred on a saber. Mimic Don Post and the Classic Action line. They were excellent items for an even more excellent price. I know there are rumors abounding about the TK helmet and it's price, so let's see if the rumors are true.

Improved QA is another must have. Stop bumping dates back and back and back. This is not cutting it with a lot of collectors.

As others have stated, an Indiana Jones prop line would be excellent. I know an Ark of the Covenant would be a stretch, but they could produce book end versions of the cherubs on the Ark itself, kinda like what New Line did with the special edition of The Two Towers. Too many items to list in a series like that for sure.

Agent 5 has a point about the set. If that is the truth, it's a bad move on their part. A prop that wasn't featured in the movie will never sell as well as one that did. Just look at the Vader EIII saber. Also, i'd much rather prefer a headpiece that Indy used than one that Marion was looking at in a bar, even though there may be many fan versions out there, it'd still sell out.

TFrosst,
The Raven Bar headpiece IS the headpiece Indy uses in the Map Room. The one we see on Sallah's rooftop is the same one as seen in Imam's house, the standard ebay version. Being that we do see the Sallah/Imam headpiece all over the place, especially all over Ebay, I think it would be incredible to get ahold of the other headpiece, especially since we know it would be cast directly off the original.
I only hope when MR does these in any form, they keep the bottom of the headpiece open so we can mount it on a staff if we choose to. As you well know the standard ebay headpieces are solid on the bottom and if they do add the staff attachements they're generally drilled out holes, not squared off slots as in the film.

Originally posted by fettpride@Apr 4 2006, 09:40 PM
Perhaps an MR "Support Group" for members here might be in better order?  :lol

MR really should "Focus" on fixing the screw-up's before planning new products ...

Just my 2 cents ;)

FP
[snapback]1220119[/snapback]​

I second that.. :angry

Some great ideas here.

Cutaways sabers - yes please. :angel - you know where I am.

I'd like an 'Elite' edition TOS Phaser and Communicator set, say based on the JLong MM version (no gap in front of the fins...) with a blue jewel in the P1, and the LED mounted in front of the emitter, so as to prevent the thread stripping over time.
I'd like the plaque to feature the TOS font also, not the movie font.

Ultimate replica from MR for me?
Take a look at my avatar, and what George is looking at out of shot.
Studio (model) scale.
Brass, wood, spinning rear disc, lights, sound, all activated by the crystal topped lever - oh, and a signed edition in a Tantalus box please.

My only gripe? MR please just post pics of the item when it's available, and not the 'final details subject to change' pics a few months prior to every detail being finalised and the quality control aspects ironed out.

Howard.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back