MR CloneTrooper Helmet ARRIVES !! PICS !!!

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 26 2005, 11:15 AM
Frankly, I am surprised so many people are so jazzed about this helmet when it is soooooooo tardy, and wrong, and too expensive.

What are the fan made helmets going for? $350 seems a fair price for a finished fiber glass helmet (I'm interested in the Plain Jane, white helmet), but if you know of a better deal I'd love to see it. Point me in the right direction please.

Exactly. Where are the pics???

I'm a size 8-8.5, and mine fits PERFECTLY. But the MR stories are scaring me.

Originally posted by skygunbro@Dec 26 2005, 02:07 PM
So how come no one will post pics of it being worn????I have heard from a few people who have these that they cant put them on...one guy even took out all the padding out and still cant put it on and he doesnt have a huge melon...about a 7 1/2" hat size.......
[snapback]1143979[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Javamonkey+Dec 26 2005, 07:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Javamonkey @ Dec 26 2005, 07:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lonepigeon
@Dec 26 2005, 02:36 PM
Retail on a plain MR helmet is $349 and you could get one much cheaper through a dealer.
[snapback]1143985[/snapback]​

I wish I had the contacts you have. I am not privvy to the bargains. :unsure
[snapback]1143988[/snapback]​
[/b]

I preordered mine from Davethebookie as did many people here.
I think most people still order from other dealers here on the RPF rather than MR direct because it's much cheaper.
If you belong to the MR Collectors Society there's a $50 coupon for helmets.
The Saber Vault (RPF's JDPilot) has the plain clone helmet for $330 with free shipping:
http://www.thesabervault.com/MasterReplica...operhelmet.html
I don't know what other RPF dealers have good deals on these right now.

MRclone.jpg

I'm 6'1" and 215 lbs. just to give you a idea of scale and my hat size is 7 1/4 which I don't think is that small and the helmet fits snug but not tight.

As for modding the helmet, I would buy one of the plain white ones an work on that. That way you can paint it any way that you want , damage and all, that is what I will probably do.

I posted this over at Rebel Scum since they are also following this discussion.

Apparently the last minute change in the paint schemes of the Star Corps affected several products. The MR helmet is just the most recent and most obvious instance.

Hasbro's figures are wrong.
In fact, technically the Visual Dictionary is WRONG as well.
They show the yellow mohawk trooper as Bly which is incorrect. So even that trooper scheme was revised for the finished film.
Bly is also WRONG on the Republic comic book cover, issue 68.

This is informed speculation but I would guess that originally the troops had white mohawks and Bly was the same but with a yellow one. Lucas probably changed it when he saw in the final film shots you could barely tell which one was the leader. So then they probably added the yellow to Bly's earpieces and chin and the yellow mohawk on the rest of the troops (maybe to make them a little different from the blue ones or so the stripe stood out more against the yellowish Felucia atmosphere).
That's my best guess of what happened.

It's a shame that neither LFL nor MR caught this change in the helmet paint scheme before they were produced. With the long production delay it's even more frustrating to us as consumers.

I just thought I'd offer this information to try and explain what probably happened.

Originally posted by Nobody@Dec 26 2005, 10:04 PM
MRclone.jpg

I'm 6'1" and 215 lbs. just to give you a idea of scale and my hat size is 7 1/4 which I don't think is that small and the helmet fits snug but not tight.

As for modding the helmet, I would buy one of the plain white ones an work on that. That way you can paint it any way that you want , damage and all, that is what I will probably do.
[snapback]1144036[/snapback]​
Looks awesome on you thanks for posting a pic of it being worn.......
now at a 7 1/4 hat size you said its fits snug but not tight...is there enough room for fans or anything else in your opinion?
The guy who ripped out his liner says it def gives more room but he still cant get his cheeks past the indent cheek areas... I think he is a 7 1/2 - 7 3/4
hat size if I remember right... but he also has kind of a more rounded face...which is going to make a difference in this area.....
Anyway looks incredible....glad you scored one

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 26 2005, 11:15 AM
Frankly, I am surprised so many people are so jazzed about this helmet when it is soooooooo tardy, and wrong, and too expensive.

People are jazzed because this is only correct trooper bucket and will be the only correct trooper bucket that people will see.
Compared to other fan made buckets the $325-$350 price tag is not bad.
Lynn

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 26 2005, 12:45 PM
First off. TIM. You are helmet having dude. What? Does that make 6 or 7 clone helmets alone that you have???

As for the request for comparisons... Here is a comparison pic (sort of close to the same angle). My ear greeblies were absent in the photo, sorry)...
Buckets.jpg

And Tim, box that up and send it to me and I will paint it up for you. Correctly. HAHAHA.

John
[snapback]1143935[/snapback]​

$125 for your paint job would be a no kidding bargain (it's what makes my JM look so at leagood). The MR is definitely to small to troop in, but it's a wonderful shelf helmet. It will get added to the collection to look pristine (not fixed), not because it is either movie accurate (close by MR standards :)) nor functional, but since know helmets were produced for the movie, it's an interesting prop decoration.

Here's the main picture I missed post-computer woe problems. John you need to scale down the MR by about 12-15% to get the side by side appropriate. Unfortunately my comapro has the MR on a stand but you can measure deltas. There be fans behind one real screen and the speaker on the other for a mike system.
normal_comparo.jpg

It's a big bucket world out there (not size wise, I mean variety of options). If you (were "lucky" enough to have) paid 400+40 for shipping from SW shop, I can't see outlaying additional $ to make it a "non-collectible." At MR Star Corps going rates today+refinishing compared to an excellent fan made and professionally finished would be more accurate and probably cost much less (at least until the non-Limited Collector's Editions come out :eek).

Is possible for any of you who has that MR Clone helmet to get a pic of that clone helmet NEXT TO a Stormtrooper one ??? To compare size ??

Thanks.

If 7 1/4 is snug, then my 7 3/4 noggin is not going to fit in the MR. Oh well, it will look nice sitting on my shelf.

Charlie C TK709

on STAR WARS.com they have the helmet listed as in stock. Can this be right?? I thought this was sold out long ago. If not I am going to order. Has anyone else ordered it from STAR WARS.com??

Originally posted by darthdallas@Dec 26 2005, 07:20 PM
on STAR WARS.com they have the helmet listed as in stock. Can this be right?? I thought this was sold out long ago. If not I am going to order. Has anyone else ordered it from STAR WARS.com??
[snapback]1144109[/snapback]​

They've been bouncing back and forth between 'available' and 'not available' for months now. I assume they are compensating for people cancelling orders(for one reason or another).

Originally posted by Gytheran+Dec 26 2005, 06:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gytheran @ Dec 26 2005, 06:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-darthdallas
@Dec 26 2005, 07:20 PM
[snapback]1144109[/snapback]​

They've been bouncing back and forth between 'available' and 'not available' for months now. I assume they are compensating for people cancelling orders(for one reason or another).
[snapback]1144113[/snapback]​
[/b]

Interesting.....most interesting.

The cool thing on Tim's fan-made helmet is that it does look screen accurate (whereas the MR does not), AND Tim's helmet has an integrated PA system and cooling system, and it cost the same or less than his MR when all is said and done. The shipping fees for MR's are so high for that heavy stand...so it is a wash. Also, Tim had his helmet for Halloween...MR dropped it.

Since this is so entertaining...

A Poll. From an aesthetic standpoint, the question that needs to be begged is ...
( a ) Tim's Fan Made helmet looks Better and is functional.
( b ) Tim's Master Replicas helmet looks better and is functional.

Chime in based on his shelf pic.

Originally posted by rudolpht+Dec 26 2005, 11:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudolpht @ Dec 26 2005, 11:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteCommando
@Dec 26 2005, 12:45 PM
First off. TIM. You are helmet having dude. What? Does that make 6 or 7 clone helmets alone that you have???

As for the request for comparisons... Here is a comparison pic (sort of close to the same angle). My ear greeblies were absent in the photo, sorry)...
Buckets.jpg

And Tim, box that up and send it to me and I will paint it up for you. Correctly. HAHAHA.

John
[snapback]1143935[/snapback]​

$125 for your paint job would be a no kidding bargain (it's what makes my JM look so at leagood). The MR is definitely to small to troop in, but it's a wonderful shelf helmet. It will get added to the collection to look pristine (not fixed), not because it is either movie accurate (close by MR standards :)) nor functional, but since know helmets were produced for the movie, it's an interesting prop decoration.

Here's the main picture I missed post-computer woe problems. John you need to scale down the MR by about 12-15% to get the side by side appropriate. Unfortunately my comapro has the MR on a stand but you can measure deltas. There be fans behind one real screen and the speaker on the other for a mike system.
normal_comparo.jpg

It's a big bucket world out there (not size wise, I mean variety of options). If you (were "lucky" enough to have) paid 400+40 for shipping from SW shop, I can't see outlaying additional $ to make it a "non-collectible." At MR Star Corps going rates today+refinishing compared to an excellent fan made and professionally finished would be more accurate and probably cost much less (at least until the non-Limited Collector's Editions come out :eek).
[snapback]1144063[/snapback]​
[/b]

How does any fan made helmet look screen accurate??

If you think the fan made is more accurate then you need to look again at pics of the actual CG models. The fan mades are very nice, but no where near as accurate as the MR.
I really hope that MR will do an AotC version.

Which version is more functional might be a better debate.
The clones were a little pinheaded in the movie so most likely the MR will be a tight fit for most.

I still think it's funny. We waited almost a year for "any" Clone MR bucket to come out and they still could not get the paint right.
So we still wait for the perfect Clone bucket.

My MR helmet came in as well. It's already been said but if you are much bigger than 7 1/2 hat size and a round face. Good luck wearing this. I have the hat size and a skinny face and my cheeks rub the cheek indentions of the helmet.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back