MR CloneTrooper Helmet ARRIVES !! PICS !!!

Amazing pics, thanks for sharing...

Anybody knows when the OPS helmet will be released ???

I´m dying to get my helmets ... It´s been a very long long wait ...

Any news from MR would be appropiated...

I am including the cost of the helmet. So, $400 for the helmet, then a clean paintjob by an auto shop is running $150 (I charge $125 for a paint and weather job on clone buckets), $20 for the 2 fans, $10 for the helmet liner (after you rip out the useless foam liner if you plan to wear).

This helmet is meant for the mantle or a shelf...not costuming. That being said, it is still incorrectly painted.

Frankly, I am surprised so many people are so jazzed about this helmet when it is soooooooo tardy, and wrong, and too expensive. This rings of the MR Tricorders that people waited 18 months for.

Mine is like a cool, breezy day inside.

Later Brothers,

John

Originally posted by JP05+Dec 25 2005, 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JP05 @ Dec 25 2005, 11:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteCommando
@Dec 25 2005, 06:27 PM

Oh well, finally MR delivered "something" to clone fans. Lots of mods to make it comfortable to wear...and a good repaint will help. After all is said and done, $500-$600 to get it accurate.

[snapback]1143566[/snapback]​

$500-$600 to mod the helm? Where are you going to get those mods done?..?.?.? Seems a bit steep
[snapback]1143665[/snapback]​
[/b]

I will try to enlighten you. But hopefuly my previous post addressed the $500-600 is what it costs for the final product (MR helmets are not free air biscuits...are they???)

A little deduction would have lead to the conclusion that you can spend a little bit of money on a good paint job, some fans and other mods.

This is not a fett bucket. Krylon won't cut it. Auto paint would be the preferred choice for an avid, quality focused costumer.

Enlightened?

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369+Dec 26 2005, 12:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Dec 26 2005, 12:05 AM)</div>
@Dec 25 2005, 01:27 PM
Oh well, finally MR delivered "something" to clone fans. Lots of mods to make it comfortable to wear...and a good repaint will help. After all is said and done, $500-$600 to get it accurate.
I like mine.

John

What kind of mods are going to cost $500-600?????? I need a good laugh here, so please enlighten us.

The helmet itself neeeds absoluty nothing done to it, and maybe a little paint if you want it accurate, but nothing to the tune of that price..

Someone saw you coming if you ever got charged that kind of price to do mods in the past..

If you painted it yourself it would cost $15 at the most to get the paint.

Lynn
[snapback]1143691[/snapback]​
[/b]

Finally pics:
normal_MRSCbox.jpg
normal_MRSCdocs.jpg
normal_MRSCbox2.jpg
normal_MRSCbox3.jpg
normal_MRSCbox4.jpg
normal_MRSCinside.jpg
normal_MRSCback.jpg
normal_MRSCangle.jpg
normal_MRSCstand.jpg
normal_MRSCright.jpg
normal_MRSCleft.jpg
MRSCfront.jpg

I have owned nearly every fan made clone helmet thus far and I still say this one looks gorgeous....I think MR did a great job here...NOW WHERE IS DAVE THE BOOKIE TO TELL US ABOUT THE SPECIAL OPS ONE???? :)

First off. TIM. You are helmet having dude. What? Does that make 6 or 7 clone helmets alone that you have???

As for the request for comparisons... Here is a comparison pic (sort of close to the same angle). My ear greeblies were absent in the photo, sorry)...
Buckets.jpg

And Tim, box that up and send it to me and I will paint it up for you. Correctly. HAHAHA.

John

I don't think there's much comparison between the fan made and MR clone helmets.
Obviously the MR helmets are far more accurate which is to be expected when they come straight off the actual CG model files. The fan ones have come a long way, but still there are huge inaccuracies.

Edit - I misred the $500-600 comment. The MR is accurate already (inlike the fan made ones), no mods needed unless you want to paint the mohawk which is simple to do. Making it wearable for long periods of time is not making it "accurate".

Interior mods seem like a small price to make it trooping ready. I think anyone planning to wear one will buy the plain and paint the markings and weather it themselves, no need for an auto shop.

That is really bad though that MR screwed up the Star Corps paint job.
I'm glad I ordered the plain version.

I did a little searching and found a pic of one Star Corps clone with white mohawk in my Ep3 reference for work. He's listed as a commander (not Bly) has the yellow pauldron on his right shoulder, ammo packs (or whatever those are) over his left shoulder and around left upper arm. The weathering is completely different than Bly so I don't think it's an earlier/alternate version of him. I only have the front view from ILM so no idea if he actually made it onto film like this.
I'm certain this was MR's reference for the paintjob as it's not just a yellow version of the 501st blue version - blue stripe flares out much more and is a different shape.

I'm not sure if you can really fault MR for following the paint reference they were given. The particular clone they did could have been cut from the film or altered without them knowing it. I can tell you as of August 2004 the white mohawk was correct according to reference given to licensees. Note that Hasbro also did the white mohawk on their Clone Commader action figure.

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Dec 26 2005, 01:28 PM
I did a little searching and found a pic of one Star Corps clone with white mohawk in my Ep3 reference for work. He's listed as a commander (not Bly) has the yellow pauldron on his right shoulder, ammo packs (or whatever those are) over his left shoulder and around left upper arm. The weathering is completely different than Bly so I don't think it's an earlier/alternate version of him. I only have the front view from ILM so no idea if he actually made it onto film like this.
I'm certain this was MR's reference for the paintjob as it's not just a yellow version of the 501st blue version - blue stripe flares out much more and is a different shape.

I'm not sure if you can really fault MR for following the paint reference they were given. The particular clone they did could have been cut from the film or altered without them knowing it. I can tell you as of August 2004 the white mohawk was correct according to reference given to licensees. Note that Hasbro also did the white mohawk on their Clone Commader action figure.
[snapback]1143962[/snapback]​

Thanks for posting that. I think this helmet looks great, but I was concerned about the "mohawk" being white instead of yellow (the concept art for the helmet even has it painted yellow). I'm really looking forward to it now.

BTW, nobody answered the question earlier about whether or not the helmet fits in a Detolf. It seems to be about 2" too tall, but I wonder if it fits if the pad on top is removed?

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 26 2005, 11:15 AM
I am including the cost of the helmet. So, $400 for the helmet, then a clean paintjob by an auto shop is running $150 (I charge $125 for a paint and weather job on clone buckets), $20 for the 2 fans, $10 for the helmet liner (after you rip out the useless foam liner if you plan to wear).

Thanks for the ifno... Your paint prices isn't bad, but the MR bucket dosn't need to be totally repainted, just mask off the strip and repaint the strip mohawk and all.

Absolutly no need for a total repaint, that is totally unneeded.

Lynn

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 26 2005, 11:27 AM
This is not a fett bucket. Krylon won't cut it. Auto paint would be the preferred choice for an avid, quality focused costumer.
Enlightened?

No, this isn't a Fett bucket so no, Krylons won't cut it... For a Fett bucket you need the correct colored Polly Scale and Floquil paints and they are the preferred choice for an avid, quality focused costumer to get it so that Fett bucket is accurate, but that is a whole other thread. :D

Krylons and hobby paints work just fine, I have been in this hobby too long and they work just fine and deliver great quality, auto paints are NOT always needed.

I have had 40+ happy avid quality focused customers from this board, many repeats customers, that have been good too me over the years.

It is too bad I had to stop painting for people because I just nolonger have the time to do it with 2 kids under 4 and a house. I barely have enough time to paint my own stuff anymore. :lol

Lynn

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Dec 26 2005, 01:03 PM
I don't think there's much comparison between the fan made and MR clone helmets.
Obviously the MR helmets are far more accurate which is to be expected when they come straight off the actual CG model files. The fan ones have come a long way, but still there are huge inaccuracies.
If a good fan one costs $500-600 then the MR is a bargain.
Interior mods seem like a small price to make it trooping ready. I think anyone planning to wear one will buy the plain and paint the markings and weather it themselves, no need for an auto shop.

That is really bad though that MR screwed up the Star Corps paint job.
I'm glad I ordered the plain version.
[snapback]1143951[/snapback]​

Any fan made art that costs more than the MR helmet is just plain silly. As far as inaccuracies, there are scores of "inaccurate" Storm Troopers out there, but the guys who own them and troop in them, love them just the same.

I wouldn't effectively ruin a $400 collectable on a bet. But that's just me.

Originally posted by Javamonkey@Dec 26 2005, 07:21 PM

Any fan made art that costs more than the MR helmet is just plain silly. As far as inaccuracies, there are scores of "inaccurate" Storm Troopers out there, but the guys who own them and troop in them, love them just the same.

I wouldn't effectively ruin a $400 collectable on a bet. But that's just me.
[snapback]1143982[/snapback]​

I misred the earlier $500-600 comment which referred to the cost of an MR plus mods which is silly.
The MR is accurate already (unlike the fan made ones), no mods needed unless you want to paint the mohawk which is simple to do. Making it wearable for long periods of time is not making it "accurate" and even then it would not cost $200 to mod.

Retail on a plain MR helmet is $349 and you could get one much cheaper through a dealer. If a nice paintjob on a fan made already costs $150 then I think the MR is still a fair choice for trooping assuming it fits. The cost of a fan made and MR seems to be comparable.

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Dec 26 2005, 02:36 PM
Retail on a plain MR helmet is $349 and you could get one much cheaper through a dealer.
[snapback]1143985[/snapback]​

I wish I had the contacts you have. I am not privvy to the bargains. :unsure

Very nice piece. Makes me consider buying one myself. All I have are my two Vader lids but I have been considering getting another costume. This helmet makes me lean towards Ep III Clone.

Originally posted by WhiteCommando+Dec 26 2005, 04:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteCommando @ Dec 26 2005, 04:15 PM)</div>

This helmet is meant for the mantle or a shelf...not costuming. That being said, it is still incorrectly painted.

Frankly, I am surprised so many people are so jazzed about this helmet when it is soooooooo tardy, and wrong, and too expensive. This rings of the MR Tricorders that people waited 18 months for.

Mine is like a cool, breezy day inside.

Later Brothers,

John

Originally posted by JP05@Dec 25 2005, 11:07 PM
@Dec 25 2005, 06:27 PM

[snapback]1143566[/snapback]​

$500-$600 to mod the helm? Where are you going to get those mods done?..?.?.? Seems a bit steep
[snapback]1143665[/snapback]​
[snapback]1143893[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not for costuming? This thing screams costuming. I know...I have it right here. A few mods ( NO WHERE NEAR $600) and you got yourself a great costuming helmet. I don't understand why you have to paint the whole helmet to mod it. And I think if you actually had the helm in hand you would change your mind.

And what Fett helmet gets painted with Krylon? Ever since RogueStudios announced the correct colors for Fett...Krylon is a no no there too.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back