MR CloneTrooper Helmet ARRIVES !! PICS !!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by JP05, Dec 24, 2005.

1. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Just got it no more than 2 minutes ago. Its the Starwarsshop.com exclusive one. Its here. Pics coming soon.

Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Sweet, cannot wait to see. :)

3. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

ohboyohboyohboy.......gotta see pix...

4. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

It's been more than 20 minutes.
    Where's the pics? :p

5. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

wow, we get pics up here before the MR website. LOL...

bring it.

i want to see what the actual product looks like after staring at the prototypes and the digital promo image on the site. :p

6. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Talk about a Christmas suprise.... I wanna see pics....

7. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

not too shabby. :D

better than i thought...

the "mic tips" are far more detailed and seem to have a sort of screen to them, and the protos were just solid circles... between the teeth there also appears to be a grill...

and the interior... pretty sweet.

tell us more.

8. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

I like it :)

9. skygunbro

skygunbro Well-Known Member

Awesome . can you add pics of it being worn so we can see the size of it..thanks

10. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....very slick. MR did a great job IMO.

JP05...what's your personal impression of it?

11. B-Movie Zombie

B-Movie Zombie Sr Member

Ok, I need to get one. Nice going.

12. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Ok...understand I am not a big fan of EPIII...or any of the prequels. But I love this helmet. Its very well made. It looks like the liner comes out and the lens is screwed in. Its very light and comfortable when you have it on. A bit stuffy.....need some fans in it I would imagine. Vision is excellent out of it.

Steve

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

How does it wear?

14. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

OK....now I REALLY want my MR Vader lid... :D

Congrats.

15. fettster

fettster Sr Member

sweet, have you got any other helmet to use as a size comparison?

16. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

CRAP. The Spec. Ops can't be too far behind. Now I have to decide if I want to cancel my Spec. Ops order, or try to scrape up the cash for it.........the last couple months have tapped out my account. I was hoping to have more time to recover.

Nice of them to take 8 months to deliver it, then WHAM, there you are.;)

Nice looking helmet, though.

17. Sir Tristram

Sir Tristram New Member

Will they Fit in the IKEA DETOLF CASES???????????

(I only ask because it looks like you have one behind the helmet.)

18. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Indeed, that is a nice looking helmet. Nicely finished out. Thanks for including the interior shot JP05. I've really benn diggin' on the EpIII clone armor, especially the helmet. I had pretty much talked myself out of getting one of these, but I think I may reconsider. I'd have to figure out where to put it :unsure

19. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Pretty.

20. greatgarlando

greatgarlando Well-Known Member

Ooooohhh Aaaahhhh.. ME WANTS ONE NOW

21. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Very cool. I gotta get one now.

22. tonkatroopa

tonkatroopa New Member

Very nice. B)

The pristine look works well with the hard lines of the helmet.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

23. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, but I'm building a drive array on my main computer on... Christmas Eve.

My thread title was going to be "Yes Virginia, there is an MR Clone Helmet."

It is smaller than I expected, but quality control is good on this one (compared to last few MR products). I'll post additional pics when I'm back in business.

Tim

24. gunner

gunner New Member

Really Nice... Also wondering how much does this weigh? I'm awaiting arrival of mine and was just wondering? Tracking information at FedEx says the whole package weighs 2lbs, I'm just thinking that is light with all the packaging material. But it could be wrong info on the tracking page.

25. TD-0488

TD-0488 Active Member

Hey JP nice helmet. Thanks for putting up the pics so quickley. Looks nice. I can't wait for my SPEC OPS MR Clone helmet.
    I noticed the ring you are wearing while holding the helmet. Is it the One Ring? Who made it if it is and is it a nice one?

26. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just wish they weathered them. They would look SO much better. The inside looks really comfy though.

27. Henry Wayne

Henry Wayne Active Member

Very Nice..

28. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Careful what you wish for - *somebody* (no names, please.) will probably come out and say "but that would devalue our pristine 'as built' LEs..." :cry

:p

Nice helmet - hope they come in 10 different colors and then the weathered edition and then the EE edition (polarized, smoked, optical-quality, balistic-rated glass lenses, carbon-fiber-Kevlar composite liner in the polycarbonate shell, cooling fans, voice changer, BlueTooth cell phone earpiece, accustic ear protection, HEPA mouthpiece filter, water and Power Goo nipples, shiatsu scalp massager...)

:D

- Gabe

29. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

hilarious gabe...

ROTFFLMAO... :lol

30. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Wedding Band. Jenson Jewlers (no relation). Its very nice. Just ask my wife :)

31. forcefx

forcefx Active Member

Wow it looks soo sweet..

32. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting it right before the holiday.

33. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

So it is "The One Ring". Just not the "One Ring" the rest of are referring to :lol

34. deralis

deralis Well-Known Member

Super awesome ...
    Now I'm glad I didn't win the Fan Sculped helmet on E-Bay the other day.....

35. WhiteCommando

WhiteCommando Well-Known Member

Interesting. MR finally delivers something for the clones.

I wear a fan-made, ep3 helmet. I painted it Star Corps...and as I can tell, the paint job on that sample, though nice...clean...and perfect, is a 501st pattern with Star Corps colors. The mohawk needs to be yellow for Star Corps. The details are nice, but the interior...though sweet...is really sweat. Unless it lives only on a shelf...that will have to all be torn out and a couple of computer fans installed to make it bearable to wear...ask me, I know... I have 2 fans in mine.

My 2 cents.

These will be great for Halloween 2006. A year late.

Later Brothers,

John

36. Jediwannabe

Jediwannabe Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can say I was fortunate enough to have purchased the Special Ops, Star Corps and Shock Trooper hlemets. I cannot wait till they come. I was a little disapointed when the MR update did not mention the Star Corps shipping in 2006. This is a pleasant surprise. Did anyone receive a shipping notice about this helmet from MR? Joy.

37. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

Yeah, all the licensed stuff seems to have a white mohawk, while the film stills show otherwise. The Evolution Set has a Star Corps trooper with a white mohawk, too.

38. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Wasn't the star corps the ones which attacked Utapau? They had white mohawks.

39. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Bro,

I'll put a comparison pic if my system ever gets working again between an MR and an incredibly painted and battleworn EpIII Star Corps with fans, mike, etc. (as seen by George the man a couple months ago :)) Aside from being to slightly too small (Break out the contacts boys), the painted "screens," and the incorrect mowhawk, it's a nice shelf helmet. But for trooping, JM/WC all the way baby.

How did you one up your wife's birthday gift for Christmas?

All the best,
    Tim

40. shortimer52

shortimer52 Well-Known Member

OK I may be wrong here, but didnÂ’t MR come out with the 501st, shock and reg clone helmet way before the Star corps came out?

I’m mean really what kind of B/S will MR come up with next? Let me guess “This helmet came from another maker” BLA, BLA, BLA, we can’t produce on time, you get no discount, suck it up. Or what im sure they will say, we produced quality helmets. Only thing is will it be in this life time. MR sounds like my Ex-Spouse, Always has an excuse.
    Any one else wondering why?

Who has the “good props take time to make”?
    Aint flying now.

Hold on now
    July 29, 2005 19:52
    http://masterreplicas.com/customer/blogs/b...1s=star%20corps
    (Hey by the way, SC helmet is coming out)

posted May 14, 2005 02:24
    http://masterreplicas.com/customer/blogs/b...=clone%20helmet
    (Part 3 of 3)

Look at the dates and put 2 and 2 together.

41. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

Very nice Helmet. Need to put it on my wish list. *.

42. jedistine

jedistine Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll release the limited ones first. Since this is the smallest size collection it's first, followed by the red one and the blue. The plain one should be be the last one out. If not people would buy the plain ones and paint and sell them as the limited ones.

43. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

I think it looks great, Steve. Would love to see a pic on your noggin' just to see thye shoulder to head ratio...a lot of the fan made ones have been just too big for their own good (bobble headish)......now where is Dave the Bookie???? My Special Ops shouldn't be far behind.

44. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

Looks great, maybe i'll order the standard.

Can't wait to get the Vader.

45. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow Looks like they did'nt drop the ball when they made those.

NICE...

46. WhiteCommando

WhiteCommando Well-Known Member

Then collectively, all the Star Corps helmets are incorrect. My helmet has a yellow stripe, like Bly's troops. The troops on Utapau were under Commander Cody, another unit (anyone chime in with the Unit number) and they wear orange-peach striped helmets, with white mohawks... with similarly colored inverted chevrons on their chest armor.

[​IMG]

My helmet is 2nd generation fan-made and is not a bobble-head...and the 3rd version is even more refined...and accurate. Mine has a helmet liner, 2 fans...one for intake and one for out-take.

I believe the vent decals on the MR are backwards...or the taper is odd in relation to the cheek tube.

Oh well, finally MR delivered "something" to clone fans. Lots of mods to make it comfortable to wear...and a good repaint will help. After all is said and done, $500-$600 to get it accurate.

I like mine.

John

47. hansicle

hansicle Sr Member

I got an e-mail reply from Star wars shop that my order was shipping... I couldn't remember what it was... now I know. I should get mine just before the end of the year. Whoooo hooooo

48. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

sure enough... MR got the paint job wrong. :(

49. Jmo7

Jmo7 Active Member

Man

Sometimes the best gifts at christmas is the ones we get our self's

Not trying to sound self centered, but I think we all can relate to what I'm saying

Example, I still have a couple shirts I havent worn that I got last christmas, I wouldnt even allow the dog to sleep on it its so ugly

50. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

$500-$600 to mod the helm? Where are you going to get those mods done?..?.?.? Seems a bit steep