Mr. Black Bio Paint up

munson

Hello hunters and huntresses...

I really like the Mr Black bio and finally was about to get a hold of one. I saw a lot of great paint ups, but I wanted to go a bit different and make it more black. The bio isn't all black, and in the reference thread, you can actually see some faint hints of copper tones, along with yellows, browns, etc... I used basic Wal-Mart acrylic paint. The colors I used were:

[bio] black, sienna, burnt sienna, burnt umber, burnt sienna + a little bit of black, hunter green + black, yellow + burnt sienna + a little bit of black, and a very thin black wash;
[jaw bone] white, burnt sienna, burnt umber, black, a burnt sienna wash, burnt umber wash.

I used PredatrHuntr's painting method.

I really like how it came out and I'd like to say it's my best bio paint up to date.

This is my favorite pic of the bio, and you can see the different colors too:

mrblackhead.jpg

Onto the pics:

IMG_20110717_152538.jpg

IMG_20110717_153714.jpg

IMG_20110717_152357.jpg

IMG_20110717_153738.jpg

IMG_20110717_152600.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

"How much more Black can it get? ... And the answer is none... None more black"
-Nigel Tuffnel
Spinal Tap

Ha.. Awesome paint up.

i honestly prefer berserker's bio being black instead of copper-ish. It gives a off a much more fierce and barbaric appeal. Great job, Doug!

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated.

Now that I look at it, I think I could have done a better job on the weathering around the tri-laser unit and some other areas. I tried to get as accurate to the movie bio.

Doug, it looks awesome. Remember one thing: IT IS JUST PAINT. If something is really bugging you, just repaint it. Make it how YOU want it.

Thanks guys.

@ Darth Pinhead....I guess it's just me critiquing my own work. I'm do really like it this way and still believe it's my best paint up so far. I guess I could have mixed patina [I think that's what it is] with some burnt umber, jungle green, and a little black and try to create some grime that I could have used to look like mud/dried mud in some areas...

Thanks guys, greatly appreciate the kind comments. The more I study and paint, the more I like it.

@Doombasher15: Sorry, I don't have the mold. Predator666thepain666 has the mold.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back