MR Announces Y-Wing Release!

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know if this has been covered here yet or not, but I just got this in from MR...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Launch into 2006 in spectacular style with the first ever,
officially licensed replica of this classic Star Wars spaceship  

$799
Collectors Society On Sale:
January 31, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale Date:
February 2 , 2006
Expected to begin shipping
Late Summer 2006.

Tasked with the daunting challenge of stopping the EmpireÂ’s new, planet-killing weapon from forever ending the hopes of the freedom fighting rebels, a rag-tag fleet of Rebel Alliance starfighters takes off from the fourth moon of Yavin.

While Red Leader and his spirited squadron of X-wing fighters engage the turbo lasers and TIE fighters of the Imperials, Gold Squadron in their older but sturdy Y-wing fighters begin a daring attack run on a small thermal exhaust port: the one identifiable weakness of the dreaded Death StarÂ…

Bring home the excitement of the Battle of Yavin as Master Replicas adds this most famous of starfighters from the Star Wars saga to our acclaimed Studio Scale series of model replicas.

Created from a direct study of Lucasfilm archival materials, the Rebel Y-wing combines hundreds of model kit parts and dimensions from the many models used to portray this classic ship onscreen into a faithful representation that features:

* Machined aluminum and brass components
* Quality resin construction
* Injection molded details
* Individual stand featuring a museum quality
display base
* Plaque and certificate of authenticity

Be one of the first to reserve your Rebel Y-Wing Studio Scale and save. Collectors Society members have early ordering privileges AND receive a coupon for $100 off a studio scale replica. Become a member and use the coupon on this Rebel Y-Wing Studio Scale. Check out all the cool perks and join today.

The exhaust port is marked and locked in, so man your fighters.

Your crew at Master Replicas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not QUITE as "wallet friendly" as I'd hoped but I'll be getting on board non the less. :love

-B89. :D

I wonder if there is so much interest in the Y-wing that their website is being blitzed? Trying to access it and it seems dead at the moment.

Originally posted by kuyadavid@Jan 28 2006, 04:49 AM
I wonder if there is so much interest in the Y-wing that their website is being blitzed?  Trying to access it and it seems dead at the moment.
I had no problem accessing the site... but as far as I can see, there is nothing up about the Y-Wing yet.

Belong to the collectors society and you get a $100 coupon you can use towards this. If you going to get it, its a no brainer to join the collectors society. Like getting the society for free and getting 40 bucks off the Y-Wing as well.

Photo of the actual product is up at MR now, Y-Wing looks outstanding but I like the base that was shown at the Pre-Toyfair better than the the one you will receive even if it does have the turbo laser tower. Just not a fan of the mirrored bases.

Jim

Originally posted by gojira61@Jan 27 2006, 08:52 PM
Photo of the actual product is up at MR now, Y-Wing looks outstanding but I like the base that was shown at the Pre-Toyfair better than the the one you will receive even if it does have the turbo laser tower. Just not a fan of the mirrored bases.

Jim
[snapback]1169827[/snapback]​

i cant find it on their site???

It's on the blog.

I don't like the base either. The ship looks okay (not enough pics to fully judge yet), but I'm not a fan of it. Well, not enough to justify buying this.

$799
Collectors Society On Sale:
January 31, 2006
General Public On Sale Date:
February 2 , 2006
Expected to begin shipping
Late Summer 2006.

Tasked with the daunting challenge of stopping the EmpireÂ’s new, planet-killing weapon from forever ending the hopes of the freedom fighting rebels, a rag-tag fleet of Rebel Alliance starfighters takes off from the fourth moon of Yavin.

While Red Leader and his spirited squadron of X-wing fighters engage the turbo lasers and TIE fighters of the Imperials, Gold Squadron in their older but sturdy Y-wing fighters begin a daring attack run on a small thermal exhaust port: the one identifiable weakness of the dreaded Death StarÂ…

Bring home the excitement of the Battle of Yavin as Master Replicas adds this most famous of starfighters from the Star Wars saga to our acclaimed Studio Scale series of model replicas.

Created from a direct study of Lucasfilm archival materials, the Rebel Y-wing combines hundreds of model kit parts and dimensions from the many models used to portray this classic ship onscreen into a faithful representation that features:

* Machined aluminum and brass components
* Quality resin construction
* Injection molded details
* Individual stand featuring a museum quality
display base
* Plaque and certificate of authenticity

Be one of the first to reserve your Rebel Y-Wing Studio Scale and save. Collectors Society members have early ordering privileges AND receive a coupon for $100 off a studio scale replica. Become a member and use the coupon on this Rebel Y-Wing Studio Scale. Check out all the cool perks and join today.

The exhaust port is marked and locked in, so man your fighters.

Your crew at Master Replicas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not see the dimensions of this thing advertised anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

- Poseidon

Why is the base so cheesy looking? For $800 they could of done much better IMO. I'm not that impressed - for that much I would expect some lights in it too.

The Y-wing never did a thing for me.

Do people like these? Like, 800.00 like these?

I don't get it...it looks well constructed but it's a Y-Wing. The base is hard to get past, too. Makes it more 'toyish' than propish.

Oh' well.

I agree, not a good choice if you ask me.

Looks to be a fine model though. At least it is studio scale unlike the Snowspeeder.

Let's hope they have better luck with these than they seem to be having with the Vader lids.

It would have been hard as a kid being the one to get stuck with the Y-wing.

All the other kids are flyin' the X-wing, the Falcon or a tie-fighter but there's the one kid who had the big'ol disco Y-wing.

You know it happened to some. :p

When first announced....
[image]http://img.creamedgeezer.com/images/MR%20Ywing4.jpeg[/image]

Now....
[image]http://masterreplicas.com/pub/ywinglarge.jpg[/image]

I like them both....

Lynn

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back