MPC Prebuilt Space 1999 Eagle 2

superjedi

Sr Member
Hi all,
Not sure if this really counts as a model, as it's sold as a finished display piece, but I found one of the MPC pre-finished Eagle 2 replicas from Space 1999 the other day, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed!

20200302_141930.jpg 20200302_141910.jpg 20200302_141849.jpg 20200302_141826.jpg

The ship is exactly the same as their standard 22" model kit. The assembly looks nearly flawless, and the deco is fantastic! The contrasting panels and tiny markings are reproduced perfectly.

20200302_141727.jpg 20200302_141647.jpg 20200302_141738.jpg 20200302_141702.jpg

I guess this is MPC's third iteration of the Eagle in the prebuilt line. There was an Eagle 1 and a rescue Eagle released previously.

I've always wanted a nice Eagle to display, and I just don't have the kind of time anymore to do much complex modeling. So this is a great compromise. It's a good sized piece, too! :)

20200302_141552.jpg

I did not realize they sold prebuilt kits.

That does look pretty fantastic and for something that size, the $329 MSRP is not that bad (I see CultmanTV has them for $299)

It sure beats the kit I started over 2 years ago sitting in primer without the cargo pods assembled yet that I keep putting off until I find time to finish it :lol:

I can see how these would be enticing

I have one of these kits sitting in the closet, still tying to figure out where to put the thing when I do build it. These are fantastic Eagles and it is so wonderful for this subject to get some serious attention.

This 'Eagle 2' has a number of differences with the other props- does anybody know of any side by side comparisons out there?

From the pics I've seen of the MPC Eagle 1, there are differences in the color and placement of the small contrasting panels, as well as the really small lines and dots all over the hull.
Not sure there are any physical differences between Eagle 1 and 2.

I'm not familiar enough with the filming models to say whether the MPC is totally accurate.

The landing gear pods have different detailing between Eagle 1 and 2 and the engine piping in the rear is slightly different. The details inside the cages should be different but I haven't seen close ups of Eagle 2 yet. I have the kit on pre-order.
Don Mac.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back