Round 2 1:48 Eagle Transporter build

Millenniumf

Sr Member
I loved the experience of working on this kit! It was weirdly meditative to sand the mold lines on the tubes, and the fit of the rest of the parts was pretty great. I actually wouldn't have built so soon but for the fact that the box had gotten wet and was moldering in my closet of doom... I was saving it for when I had a bigger work area than a corner of the dining area, lol.

One of the things I improved was putting in some wiring harnesses in the cages, as I'd seen some extra tubing in the 22 inch studio model meant to look like conduit. However, in mine I decided to make it look more realistic and built siring harnesses and conduit using some techniques I learned building real wiring harnesses for work. I even used some tiny milspec contacts to make the connectors and drain wire for the cables. I love working at a place where the scrap we throw away on a daily basis is useful for modelmaking. :D

ehXiH7o.jpg

LmJJblw.jpg

psbecmK.jpg

WsCnpKH.jpg

iY2HVII.jpg

Excellent

I love the cables and wires added. Makes sense to me

I have one of these kits ready for painting, but have been holding off as I am a bit intimidated doing the paint job justice with the various aztecing for panels

Excellent

I love the cables and wires added. Makes sense to me

I have one of these kits ready for painting, but have been holding off as I am a bit intimidated doing the paint job justice with the various aztecing for panels
Thank you!

The "Aztecing" panels were actually the easiest part of the whole thing. I just took two 2" strips of masking tape, attached them in a perpendicular way to make an L-shape, then just stuck it to the hull and gave a quick spray of Light Ghost Gray. I think I did all of the paneling in about ten minutes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back