TekWar Blasters

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The other day I was packing some things and ran across a TekWar trading card and it instantly sent me back to being a kid and watching The Action Pack. It was a wheel programming of shows/movies/pilots. I remember watching “Knight Rider 2010” thinking it was Mad Max. But I also remember watching TekWar but only because of Shatner. It was pretty boring and I was more interested in the comic. But

Well from there I starting rewatching the movies and then the tv show which I thought was more enjoyable. It’s pure 90’s cheese but the nostalgia is top notch. I dove in and started looking for props. I found some awesome files and started 3D printing. These files were made by Steve Hackett and are available for free!

IMG_5293.jpegIMG_5290.gifIMG_5291.jpegIMG_5292.jpegIMG_5289.jpeg

There isn’t much but I did find the names of both movie and tv blasters from the video games booklet.

IMG_5288.jpeg

First up is the Shrike DBK. It’s used pretty much exclusively for the TekWar tv show or sometimes referred to as the second season. I only found one promo picture with the Shrike. Most of the promo stuff had the Orlow 34s featured.

IMG_5283.jpegIMG_5285.jpegIMG_5274.jpegIMG_5286.jpegIMG_5287.jpegIMG_5284.jpegIMG_5273.jpeg

I’m almost finished with the Orlow which folds up! Very fun projects.

Ok up next is the Orlow 34s. This blaster was used in all the movies and promo art. The cool thing about this one is that it folds up!

IMG_5332.jpegIMG_5333.jpegIMG_5335.jpegIMG_5337.jpegIMG_5328.jpegIMG_5330.jpegIMG_5329.jpegIMG_5331.jpegIMG_5336.jpeg

Thanks for the shout out. I put a lot of time and agony into getting the parts to fit together and work. Nice to see someone is getting some fun out of them. I really loved the TV series and books. It is hard to believe the series is over 30 years old, the TV show being 30 this year!
Audible has recently started releasing the audio version of the original novels. It has taken me back to listen to these stories.
I am also in the process of upgrading the model of the Shrike DBK; taking more refined parts from my original model of the Orlow 34S and incorporating them into the new version. I might post a notification when it is done, but it won't be quickly. I have to work on it around my day job.

Thanks for the shout out. I put a lot of time and agony into getting the parts to fit together and work. Nice to see someone is getting some fun out of them. I really loved the TV series and books. It is hard to believe the series is over 30 years old, the TV show being 30 this year!
Audible has recently started releasing the audio version of the original novels. It has taken me back to listen to these stories.
I am also in the process of upgrading the model of the Shrike DBK; taking more refined parts from my original model of the Orlow 34S and incorporating them into the new version. I might post a notification when it is done, but it won't be quickly. I have to work on it around my day job.

I had a feeling you were a member here! I had so much fun making these. I'm going to make another Orlow 34S so I can display one open and one closed. Speaking of, it went together so well but I couldn't figure out if the front sliding piece was supposed to have a catch to keep it from sliding off. Either way, they're being displayed so its not really a big deal.

Cool! My only contact with Tekwar was the PC game. It got a lot of flak but I enjoyed it back in the day.

The printed guns look great - just as I remember them in the game. :)

Cool! My only contact with Tekwar was the PC game. It got a lot of flak but I enjoyed it back in the day.

The printed guns look great - just as I remember them in the game. :)

Thank you! I watched a play through and it was tore apart but I think they were a bit harsh lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back