Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

One, that I couldn't believe that I found in the real world (at a local junk shop), is the little gas torch the Jawas used to put R2's restraining bolt on.
View attachment 761741

Holy crap, I didn't even realize that was used in the movie! Never paid close attention to this scene. These were sold at Radio Shack, I bought one back in maybe '98 for an art project I was tinkering with. I think it's still sitting in one of my tool boxes. That's so cool, thanks for pointing this out!

I think these have been mentioned before but I'll just leave them ear....

Attachments

• EreEre1.jpg
    EreEre1.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 444
I actually guessed. The first thing I thought was they looked like some sort of middle eastern coffee decanter. But then I thought you would probably want a handle for some like that. I noticed how the twists in the horn looked like an antique hearing device so I did a quick google search for antique hearing device and came up with that image.

I actually guessed. The first thing I thought was they looked like some sort of middle eastern coffee decanter. But then I thought you would probably want a handle for some like that. I noticed how the twists in the horn looked like an antique hearing device so I did a quick google search for antique hearing device and came up with that image.

Very clever!!

Well done MJF, you has wins an internets, but please do not type 'Google' into Google - it will break :D

Yea, two types of basic 'London Dome Ear Trumpet' circa 1880, possibly upto 1950. Obscure? A little bit odd maybe as Ben could well be a tad hearing impaired. It looks like the Force doesn't cover ear-drums!

Kitchen draw handles by Hemo. Very space-age in their day and worth a mention as they are quite iconic now. There's another white one on a box near the Falcon's cargo hold entrance.

Attachments

• Handle1.jpg
    Handle1.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 361
The Corellian manufacturers love their 'in-YT' entertainment systems, here's the rear-side of a Weltron 2005 or 2007 outer shell. The tape player and turntable appear to have been removed as the upper and lower sections sit very close together. I think it's only seen in this position during this scene - deff a bit odd.

Attachments

• 10603630.jpg
    10603630.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 347
Those are the ones! Those are "The Force Awakens" versions. If you look closely you can tell those are 3D printed.

The most iconic version(s) (which is a real world part) are on the ESB MF console and other areas of the MF to include the canopy and areas next to the couch. You can also find it on / in the med droid, Snow Speeder, X-Wing, and I think in the Super Star Destroyer bridge.

Here is a GREAT image fo the part in question: Dead Center of the image
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=105778&fullsize=1

There are 2 of them in this pic
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=108293&fullsize=1

And on the canopy
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=107528&fullsize=1
Where can I find this part? Or do I have to custom machine it?

After watching ESB again last night I have one. Has anyone ever seen any pictures of the prop bomb/grenade that Luke throws into the AT-AT? I don't recall ever seeing anything other than when it's in his hand.

I got something for you but it’s really not what I call a true answer. The 6” scale snow speeder is hitting the market and YouTube videos are showing up with details about the product.

The craft comes with the grenades. There are two removable grenades that can be stored inside the cockpit. There are other grenades in the cockpit but they are not removable.

These grenades look to be the details you see on the side of Luke inside the cockpit. However as you can see that those items do not look like the same thing Luke throws. I think that this is Hasbro just making some assumptions rather than having correct information. sometimes these things catch on. So who knows, you might see someone try to make a Hasbro version of the Hoth grenade into 1:1 Prop replicas.

22254D8B-DAC3-4224-8467-26CD36DE01DB.jpeg

BB8F13C3-FF3D-46C1-8DB6-2A9AFB40F15F.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back