Most Expensive Star Wars Movie Props Ever Sold at Auction

Awesome article. Damn it would be good to be that rich. It won't make you happy but it will buy you Star Wars props. Lol.

Ben

Nice post! Kind of surprised Luke's Graflex was all the way down at #7, but then again, I am a saber guy and rather biased.

I never knew Ben Kenobi's robe had a button closure (never spotted it, either). Very interesting, for sure.

Well aside from that button ... if you look closely there's a 'black' hole in the top center of the hood now too . . . which is a later addition . . . as the story regarding this garment goes ... it was tossed in the bin at some point after Episode IV was shot, don't ask me why and it remained there for a while so it started to deteriorate and who knows perhaps rats or other creatures caused that large hole in the garment ... anyways in time it was rediscovered and reckognized for what it was ... cleaned up, perhaps even that closing button added (?) and offered up for auction. It appears they even added new seams to the sleeves ... which were not apparent in the movie :wacko

Chaim

Yeah, I've never seen this Vader saber. It sort of looks like the ESB/ROTJ stunt, but it doesn't have the holes or hex screws, the clamp is different too. Lots of little differences all over the place.

BLIKMUSBAT.png

Do you guys think this is the actual ANH Saber? I was under the impression that it was lost? Also what happened to the bubble strip?
UWDLIACHDS.png

... see no seams in the sleeves ... just ragged :)

Chaim

Seems the robe has been cleaned up quite a lot. To my eyes, they cleaned up the edges of the hood and front closure as well as the sleeves. I thought the hole on the top of the hood was for holding the hood/dummy up for when Vader strikes him down, but being in the condition that it's in, who knows what happened to this thing.

The article says it was found in LA, but my recollection was that it was still in the stock of a UK costume rental place. Either way, it might have been modified for use in another production.

I've seen the Kenobi robe on display at the Cinerama theater here in Seattle (not my pics below, found them online). Paul Allen owns lot of SW memorabilia (as well as the Cinerama itself) so I'd assume he's the proud owner.

o.jpg

CXSyr6LUoAENeWN.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back