Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Thanks for the link. :) And yes, it'll be 7 greeblies soon. Done the work - just need to see if it prints properly, as it's really fiddly.

The corridor behind the cockpit turns out to be surprisingly complicated to get right. Partly because the set wasn't designed to fit the model!

I figured as much, I glanced at the notes on the Shapeways posting, looks like a cumbersome bit of work. That's why I was debating it. may just have to build one with that door closed this time. besides that, the way it going to sit in the diorama, you wouldn't see it anyway. just low light glow from the cockpit would be about right.
Thanks for the link. :) And yes, it'll be 7 greeblies soon. Done the work - just need to see if it prints properly, as it's really fiddly.

The corridor behind the cockpit turns out to be surprisingly complicated to get right. Partly because the set wasn't designed to fit the model!

The PG 1:72 corridor currently on Shapeways isn't mine. I've designed a different one that takes a different approach. It has a few fiddly aspects to it, however, so I haven't published it yet.

And personally I do like the open cockpit door, since when you move your head around the model you can see the interior shifting due to parallax, and it makes it look much more convincing somehow. Also, it's more accurate to ANH/Star Wars 1977, since the closeable door showed up in the next movie. :)

I think the one I saw is Tony's. Sounded like a bit of work. I' tried it on my last MPC but I had so much FO going to the cockpit it just wasn't going to fly, but that's the only reason. It's going to be a while before I start my PG anyway, so I'll look forward to seeing your version. I prefer the open door as well for those very reasons :thumbsup and add to that, my PG might not always be trapped in my diorama :lol
The PG 1:72 corridor currently on Shapeways isn't mine. I've designed a different one that takes a different approach. It has a few fiddly aspects to it, however, so I haven't published it yet.

And personally I do like the open cockpit door, since when you move your head around the model you can see the interior shifting due to parallax, and it makes it look much more convincing somehow. Also, it's more accurate to ANH/Star Wars 1977, since the closeable door showed up in the next movie. :)

Interesting! Thanks!

I'm trying to think up some novel ideas for my next Falcon. Bay 327 is eating up all my time. I hope Bandai do a Lando mini. Although the ship is great, there's not much you can do with it...it doesn't visit enough interesting places!

Well...the scene where we first see it, where its locked up? meh, pretty boring huh :unsure
Interesting! Thanks!

I'm trying to think up some novel ideas for my next Falcon. Bay 327 is eating up all my time. I hope Bandai do a Lando mini. Although the ship is great, there's not much you can do with it...it doesn't visit enough interesting places!

Buildings! I've also got plaster of Paris and will be doing that this weekend.

FDDC7F01-C5E1-4582-ADF0-6806E99767BC.jpegA070A667-8933-462D-A63D-F6EE18AD0E60.jpeg

I absolutely love this build. But I think the sand is way out of scale with the diorama. Maybe another layer of something much finer? The color is spot on I think. Again, love this and can’t wait to see it completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C17ldmstr;[URL="tel:4487347" said:
4487347[/URL]]I absolutely love this build. But I think the sand is way out of scale with the diorama. Maybe another layer of something much finer? The color is spot on I think. Again, love this and can’t wait to see it completed.

You might be right... I will have to see if I can find and that's fiber than what I bought. Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think you'll find any sand to scale.
Maybe something like baking powder or powdered sugar could work?
Whatever you use it has to be 1:350th the size of a grain of desert sand.
That's pretty small...

I like this project, though. I've been watching it from the start.
It's coming along nicely. :thumbsup

Axlotl;[URL="tel:4487935" said:
4487935[/URL]]I don't think you'll find any sand to scale.
Maybe something like baking powder or powdered sugar could work?
Whatever you use it has to be 1:350th the size of a grain of desert sand.
That's pretty small...

I like this project, though. I've been watching it from the start.
It's coming along nicely. :thumbsup

You're right... I may just have to go ahead and paint the plaster of Paris... Get it sanded down enough. I'll see how that works. The worst it'll do is give me a good base coat.

You're right... I may just have to go ahead and paint the plaster of Paris... Get it sanded down enough. I'll see how that works. The worst it'll do is give me a good base coat.

I’d agree with both of you. Maybe painted plaster of paris with a slight texture in some areas and then use that fine sand in the corners and bases of the ground equipment to simulate wind-blown accumulation/small “dunes” or ripples from jet blast.

Almost ready for same paint... Still gotta drill some holes, fill some cracks, and sand a bit more. Then the fun begins! I'm saving the sanded piles of plaster to use as piled up sand here and there. It's fine enough to pass for 1/350 scale sand.

View attachment 828321View attachment 828322

Brilliant! The plaster dust should be perfect!! Can’t wait to see the results. Looks great so far!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back