Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Dammit, you have exactly the same diorama list as I do! I thought about that landing platform, too.

The Tydirium was "advertised" as 1:350 scale. It's really not. I walked down the actual ramp on Stage 6 back in 1982. It's wider than the Falcon's (I think), and you can compare the F-Toys (it's the F-Toys one, right?) directly to the Bandai Falcon and see it's physically smaller. Maybe 380/400 scale? (I worked out the Bandai scale to 1:348, based on the full size prop.)

Stumbled across this, this morning, and thought of you!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2934949

Dammit, you have exactly the same diorama list as I do! I thought about that landing platform, too.

The Tydirium was "advertised" as 1:350 scale. It's really not. I walked down the actual ramp on Stage 6 back in 1982. It's wider than the Falcon's (I think), and you can compare the F-Toys (it's the F-Toys one, right?) directly to the Bandai Falcon and see it's physically smaller. Maybe 380/400 scale? (I worked out the Bandai scale to 1:348, based on the full size prop.)

Stumbled across this, this morning, and thought of you!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2934949

That is the F-Toys Shuttle Tydirium... The scale is close enough that I'll let it slide. The only other shuttle I've seen out there is a 1/144 version in a kit. They do say that great minds think alike! I contacted a guy on shapeways that was doing 1/270 scale AT-ST Walkers and he scaled them to 1/350 for me. So with those, the AT-AT's I have, and the Shuttle Tydirium, I'm on my way to a great little dio... I'm going to attempt to do some Speederbikes from scratch at that scale... We shall see how they turn out!

Interesting find on thingverse!

Well, I can take a look at them and just make my own. I've put enough into the mini falcon, already... gotta save $ somewhere... I'm getting a PG Falcon this weekend...

I was cruising Thingiverse this morning and saw those buildings, nice yes, but I agree that no more complicated than they appear, and given your obvious skill, I would also just scratch those. PG Falcon...Yee Haw! Should be a really fun build.:thumbsup I've had mine for several months now. It's what's going in my diorama project, not the heavily modified MPC you've seen in my post pics. Though it would serve decently, the MPC is already built with battery power and I plan to run my whole dio off of a wall adapter and a remote. I'm anxious to start it but, just waiting for the ESB gear boxes from 308. I didn't want to start it till I had them.
Well, I can take a look at them and just make my own. I've put enough into the mini falcon, already... gotta save $ somewhere... I'm getting a PG Falcon this weekend...

Thanks, man... Yeah, the buildings are rather simple in design. Just have to hit up Hobby Town for some cheap wood or plastic pieces I can use to simulate them. I can't wait to get my hands on that PG Falcon!... and then start ordering Shapeways parts for it...lol

The way I understand it from the guys comments over on the PG Falcon thread, there's not a whole lot you'll need for it. There's stuff for sure, but some may not be any better than the kit parts. I ordered the entry corridor, cockpit back wall and landing gear baffles so far. Someone had said that the cockpit cone in the kit was pretty up to snuff. But, it's all in what your individual preference is as far as the pieces go. :thumbsup 308 is working the design for the added front gear boxes so I'm just waiting for those, and I'll likely get the gear for them as well. The ones for the MPC are really, really close but would need massaging to fit perfectly to the PG hull piece. I've got a set and sized them up, was going to just use those but then I sent Tony an email and he said he'd do some specific to the PG.
Thanks, man... Yeah, the buildings are rather simple in design. Just have to hit up Hobby Town for some cheap wood or plastic pieces I can use to simulate them. I can't wait to get my hands on that PG Falcon!... and then start ordering Shapeways parts for it...lol

Is just want some of the corridors and other greeblies stuff that's missing. And, of course, the front landing gear boxes...

Which greeblies? There are only like half a dozen individual tiny greeblies known to be missing, depending on your point of view. :)

- nkg

Ah, okay. :) They're barely noticeable, I have to say. Though it was a lot of fun making 'em, and I'm really grateful to Lab and other people who discovered the missing parts and where they came from.

Though speaking of, I've just finished the McLaren part and I'm going to be testing that...

Ah, okay. :) They're barely noticeable, I have to say. Though it was a lot of fun making 'em, and I'm really grateful to Lab and other people who discovered the missing parts and where they came from.

Though speaking of, I've just finished the McLaren part and I'm going to be testing that...

Awesome! Well, I'll be adding that to my list!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back