Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Patsy Pack

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After a few years of me flying solo at Cons as King Arthur, my wife agreed to be Patsy. She and my daughter worked on the tunic while I tackled the pack.

The main consideration was weight, the pack needed to be as light as possible. All the solid pieces are made from pink sheet housing insulation. Fabrics were bulked up with either bubble wrap or plastic shipping air pouches.

Here's a speed build (final assembly wasn't filmed -we got crunched for time).

A few still pics...

Pink sheet foam cut with a jig saw and assembled with a combination of spray adhesive, hot glue and wood glue (the wood glue is for a good, strong, permanent bond).
KaQxbh3yTfKCAqjOfinlyA.jpg
jBwcRh5ER1GY9orwp+nkJQ.jpg

Painted and weathered -wood texture is achieved by layering in black, red, dark brown then light brown. Each layer is applied while the other layers are still tacky to cause them to blend and streak.

ob0uc2CATsGBGEravKT8qw.jpg
fkowjO3JQam5AGtaiiaEDg.jpg
h0cdyHxBTt+UzdNdgJIHSA.jpg
5rK0p6piTeWhzPY6OGV8LQ.jpg

Upholstery added and weathered -applied fabric with spray adhesive and streaked watered down black acrylic with a foam brush.

k9xEChuRQWCpyVeOKAN8tQ.jpg
Wifd8GhrRJ+bNvFUChokpA.jpg
H76+WQIVSHSByT5grYvV4w.jpg

And the final pack (with lots of help from my wife and daughter for creating the fabrics).

rO09VaA0Ro23emQJxfXkIg.jpg
rOMbGcmwRCS2IfLTpjFn+w.jpg
RhVpplkmSsqxhaGppdkS2g.jpg

And lastly, us at the Con
IMG_8370.jpeg
IMG_8394.jpeg

Attachments

• +NiiAOmdRYijeIAtFbjURQ.jpg
    +NiiAOmdRYijeIAtFbjURQ.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • Q4Ksg9ROSuKA5EA7ZsmwJw.jpg
    Q4Ksg9ROSuKA5EA7ZsmwJw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 270
  • JEQgVpgbTauJwdgLD0Eghg.jpg
    JEQgVpgbTauJwdgLD0Eghg.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 288
  • jpQDxZWyQcKr2U7cfKzj%g.jpg
    jpQDxZWyQcKr2U7cfKzj%g.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
  • krVqAJq4SKqXQq0Ry2VGuw.jpg
    krVqAJq4SKqXQq0Ry2VGuw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
Love this. If I listen I can almost hear the clippity clop of coconut shells. Icky icky icky fatang is all I have to say.

I don't know what I loved more. The build photos or the final ensemble!
Excellent work.

Love this. If I listen I can almost hear the clippity clop of coconut shells. Icky icky icky fatang is all I have to say.

Thanks guys, very much appreciate the positive comments!

Dude I love it. A couple of (k)nights ago, was watching The Holy Grail, and thought… this would be some great friend group Halloween costumes for a good laugh! Now I come here and see this! Awesome work man! Love it!

Dude I love it. A couple of (k)nights ago, was watching The Holy Grail, and thought… this would be some great friend group Halloween costumes for a good laugh! Now I come here and see this! Awesome work man! Love it!

Much appreciated, we got a great reception at the Con.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back