Monsterpalooza 2012

Yes,it was such a killer time,great pics.....Brian is a badass...such a nice guy.

EXCUSE ME. but i think i may know you.

thanks. i have a few more as well... Brian was super cool, very nice guy! Dream accomplished!

This is so beyond awesome... I know it's just a movie.. But that movie changed our lives. 25 years

seriously... i mean Alien/Predator stuff has been my (unchanging) thing for... forever...

Just noticed....Kevin peter halls nephew standing there....the resemblance is amazing...no?
predacon_Kevin.jpg

Can't wait for more...

well, what a fantastic weekend. if you build, this is a def must. you get sooooo much one on one time talking to the artisits, it's amazing.
i had a great time. it was cool to hang with some lair folk. it was great meeting Carl, Glen, George, Damon, Gene, Sean, Art, sizzy sorry i didnt get your name. and some others im sure im forgetting.

i want to say thank you to everyone involved in this whole weekend. i had a blast.
i will have more pics after Carl posts his.

On behalf of the MONSTERPALOOZA panel I'd like to thank THE HUNTERS LAIR for the awards and all of the Pred-love we received. It was important that Matt Rose, who is normally quite humble and shy, get a taste of how much you all love and respect his work. Thank you for your continued support!

Shannon Shea

Hey Shannon, I will post what i got on Facebook for you.......cant thank you guys enough. Like Andrew said,what you guys did and how you did it changed our lives and is still going strong 25 years later.

im so bummed i didnt get to meet up with the lair gang, got there really late then couldnt find parking then stood in line all the way around the building but still had an awesome time maybe next time ,i would love to meet fellow members. so anyway heres a few different shots i took.

150647_384022691629603_100000656258765_1182921_719889729_n.jpg

534588_384022738296265_100000656258765_1182922_1966767908_n.jpg

DSCF1301.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew, I thought that guy was some relation to Kevin, I didn't want to ask who he was, as I felt it was something that I should have known, being a predator fan! But yeah, the likeness is there, so that's Kevin's nephew..... awesome. I'm glad someone from the Hall family attended. Awesome, truly awesome.
~Estelle

Sorry I am a lurker nowdays been busy with life....NOW to MONSTERPALOOZA !!!!

It was an awesome show... George is always good to see you brother,
Carl was good to finally meet you,!!
Damon I lost you somewhere i was not aware of the diner plans after the panels,but then again i was not driving so i could not stay longer.
My highlight of the panel was to sit next to Karen Winston,such a sweet lady she gave me a big hug when i told her i had met Stan few months before his death.
I have her signature next to Stan on my Stan Winston Effect.
Took a few pics i will share once i figure this new settings here. (It sucks being a newbie again lol)

Just noticed....Kevin peter halls nephew standing there....the resemblance is amazing...no?
predacon_Kevin.jpg

Can't wait for more...

He not only looks like Kevin, but is a friendly person, and tall as well! This was one of the highlights, as the panel was telling stories of filming and Kevin, his nephew stood up and introduced himself. That, and the story of the exploding cannon, then each of them getting Carls replica cannon was very awesome!

Glad to see everyone had an amazing time at Monsterpalooza I knew that everyone would enjoy it especially since this 25th Anniversary was set up by Eliot the creator which me and Carl thanked personally for allowing us to do this. I have more video from the event as well as more pics for Sunday after speaking with Matt Winston, but like Xdmray said Carl has something he would like to say which will appear in another thread, so Art Andrews was with us as well on Sunday have some photos from that and dinner. Please be patient until Carl makes his appearance and we will have more for you in a few days.

Glad to see everyone had an amazing time at Monsterpalooza I knew that everyone would enjoy it especially since this 25th Anniversary was set up by Eliot the creator which me and Carl thanked personally for allowing us to do this. I have more video from the event as well as more pics for Sunday after speaking with Matt Winston, but like Xdmray said Carl has something he would like to say which will appear in another thread, so Art Andrews was with us as well on Sunday have some photos from that and dinner. Please be patient until Carl makes his appearance and we will have more for you in a few days.

Carl is "accurizing" his thread

Forgot to mention that i was at the SWSC booth and stan's Son in law told me they recorded the whole predator panel and will be available to download for all !!!

Forgot to mention that i was at the SWSC booth and stan's Son in law told me they recorded the whole predator panel and will be available to download for all !!!
Yeah Matt Winston is going to post the panel video on the Stan Winston School of Character Arts Site when they get all the editing done I was going to save that as a suprise, but l guess it is not suprise no more.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back