Monsterpalooza 2012

Yeah Matt Winston is going to post the panel video on the Stan Winston School of Character Arts Site when they get all the editing done I was going to save that as a suprise, but l guess it is not suprise no more.
ooops i didn't know it was being saved as a surprise... hope i don't get banned .lol.

Carl is "accurizing" his thread

Good one, Gene.
Yes, I will be starting a new thread tonight.... I was hoping to start off the MP discussion with an explanation of what led up to "our little gesture" and the events surrounding it before people starting posting pix. I wanted to make it a pleasant surprise for everyone, but the cat's out of the bag now.

So please re-post these photos, videos, and comments of the panel if you would, in the new thread which will be posted later tonight (after 6pm EST). Just do a copy and paste from this thread to the new one. Look for "Predator 25th Reunion at Monster Palooza" in this section, which will also be the dumping ground for those patiently waiting to upload their stuff as well. It will be made into a sticky.
Thanks guys!

So please re-post these photos, videos, and comments of the panel if you would, in the new thread which will be posted later tonight (after 6pm EST). Just do a copy and paste from this thread to the new one. Look for "Predator 25th Reunion at Monster Palooza" in this section, which will also be the dumping ground for those patiently waiting to upload their stuff as well. It will be made into a sticky.
Thanks guys!
My photos and videos will be right after yours Carl (y)

Here are some more Predator goodies from the weekend.
Doc4-2.jpg

101_1055.jpg

101_1086.jpg

101_1087.jpg

untitled25.png

101_1067.jpg

101_1080.jpg

101_1068.jpg

101_1071.jpg

101_1072.jpg

101_0990.jpg

101_1057.jpg

101_1114.jpg

101_1115.jpg

101_1116.jpg

This video is just Sideshow paying a visit to the event as well to give everyone an idea of what else to expect when going next year if you want to.

Ya I wish I went to dinner with you guys cause that 626 Night market I went to suck way way to many people there and was packed like hell it suck

Ya I wish I went to dinner with you guys cause that 626 Night market I went to suck way way to many people there and was packed like hell it suck
You really didn't miss much no one showed up to the dinner the picture you see was takeon on Sunday. The Saturday dinner I had invited Johnnie from Monster Man series who is a friend of mine and he had showed up with some of his friends. So all together it was MasterAnubis, Xdmray, Carlart, and myself with Johnnie being the highlight of the night because he is a really cool guy and I was glad that he was able to make it.

Oh yeah. Johnny Saiko (second from right) is a very laid back and cool person to know. As I understand it, he's been friends with Steve Wang since high school. As a matter of fact, you can see him pulling an alien head out of a mold in the AVPR book.

JohnnySeiko.jpg

Johnny Seiko at A.D.I. several years ago.

GlenJohnnyConstShawn2.jpg

Glen (Guan-Thwei), Johnny Saiko, Constance from Monster Man, and Sean (Master Anubis)

PREDATOR by MAGEE FX on display in last months Monsterpalooza Museum
*Photo by Bryan Sides

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok being since this is still 2012 and the title of the thread is still Monsterpalooza they are having another chance for those that was not able to get to go in April to go to their what they are calling it Son of Monsterpalooza around Halloween and I bet that because of the FX industry bering around Burbank you don't want to miss this opportunity to suit up and win some money from Elliot, so come on guys let us take this convention again head on this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah wish i could make it. but it's not in the cards.
Granted I understand that this is around if not centered around Halloween and most people have plans for showing off their new suits or just can't get the suiting up syndrome out of their system fast enough (yeah I know I made that up, but now I'm making it a thing) that not a lot of people are going to be on board for this second run to Monsterpalooza, but we will see as the year progresses. The other thing I want you to keep in mind is that due to the costume contest hopefully maybe some of our Predator FX Artist friends are going to be show casing some kind of costume to the masses as their own piece I mean I really don't think there are any real stipulations, but I’m hoping that some of the big FX art giants will partake and be able to win a few bucks (Why not?)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back