Monster Clay: question about molding

Cadeus

Sr Member
I have been doing a lot of research because I am getting some clay on the 15th so I can start sculpting again, and I like the reviews monster clay is getting. So, I am interested in making molds of my sculptures if I get the monster clay because it advertises to be "re-usable", but is it really? I am curious about the molding process with monster clay, because I don't know if it needs a mold release applied. If so, how does that effect the clay? Long-story-short, if I get monster clay can I mold it and re-use it; and how does that work? Thanks for looking! :)

Monster clay is a great product, hard but softens easily and quickly in a microwave right to the point of being liquid and pourable . it takes brilliant detail but does have a learning curve as it is a little different from a lot of clays. You can make moulds from sculptures from it like any other clay and you can seal it or use releases like any other clay. when the mould is done , melt it to liquify, any contaminants tend to come to the surface and can simply be spooned or scraped off leaving the clay very usable again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back