Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Mr. Analyzer, we were discussing this at post #222, if you recall? I thought maybe this discussed area was open under the Centurion parts?

Well, it is and that black area we discussed, I'm fairly certain it's the old stand-by part used ALOT back then...

Kool-Shade.

In fact, I know that's what the black area is and it is recessed.
this one Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

interesting

I guess they used the kool shade to help vent the heat from the engine lighting?

Looking at the second picture in this post it sure does look like an awful lot like koolshade in that recessed area now that you mention it

bsg02-png.png

Looking at the second picture in this post it sure does look like an awful lot like koolshade in that recessed area now that you mention it

View attachment 1583005

It certainly is in there and I may be able to steal some from one of these Bandai 1/144 Tie Fighters. "Steal" may be a little harsh to say here. I did buy the kit and I can use it however I want. Right?
Koolshade.jpg

It looks right and should be close to a good enough scale.

Everyone, don't take this as some kind of "set up all along" here to eventually sell y'all something. As I've gone along building on this, there are several of these pieces, as y'all all know, that seem to be repeated many times. What I have done is searched for someone willing to work with me and make up a bunch of these as resin printed pieces JUST so I don't have to keep making the same parts over and over as y'all have seen me doing. I don't look forward to the many "Leopold ladder" looking pieces I made on that engine section, and there are MANY all over the Galactica. There is no reason, since I definitely plan on finding out if this can be done, not to check. All I figured here was, several folks have shown interest in many of the little parts I've made? As I plan on this anyway, any of y'all that would want some of these too can certainly join in. This ain't like a whole buncha other "runs" I see people do. What WE'LL do is, once Mr. Goot figures out about all this, we'll see how many want it and we'll maybe divide up whatever the cost is? I'm not 100% sure how everybody would feel about that, but like Mr. Analyzer mentioned, a price too high will shoot this ALL in the foot. So far, it all seems do-able and Mr. Goot is working on it.

Also, it won't be something that we won't know about, and in fact, it may take a bit to get all together. I'll (we'll, hopefully, 'cause I'm gonna need y'all's help) figure out the DIMS he'll need for each piece we want made, he'll design it and show it to me. If everything looks right, he'll print a "TEST" part and send it to me (probably a couple at a time) made from some test plastic. Once it looks just like we want, our final pieces will be in printed resin, which I understand is far superior.

Again, this ain't some "get rich quick" scheme. I'm having some of this printed, some how, some way and anyone interested is more than welcome to be added to the "get some with me" pile.

This SHOULD work exactly the same to add to the Timeslip Creations garage kit since they are identical models?

Rob.
No worries.
It's all good. A meeting of the minds, comparing notes and nifty ideas will just help the next person create that-much-better.

As long as we don't lose focus...

Attachments

• baltbg.jpg
    baltbg.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 82
  • bsgbgcropped.jpg
    bsgbgcropped.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 81
  • lgBG.jpg
    lgBG.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 78
  • cyclonYum.jpg
    cyclonYum.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 76
No worries.
It's all good. A meeting of the minds, comparing notes and nifty ideas will just help the next person create that-much-better.

As long as we don't lose focus...

JPH, would you be interested in something like a set of these parts?

Just an update here, there has been NO updates. I'm sure he's working on it as we went through some DIMS for a part already. Should have some word before too long, unless he said screw it!

;)

Rob.

JPH, would you be interested in something like a set of these parts?

Just an update here, there has been NO updates. I'm sure he's working on it as we went through some DIMS for a part already. Should have some word before too long, unless he said screw it!

;)

Rob.

Thanks!

but I am working on some of my own goofy ideas for my build. When it hits me, I will start.

I also am strongly considering making a micronaut's Endeavor out o aluminum first...that is like a holy grail for me.
Muttley'sdad let me use his 3d files to print one, but I could print it to about half scale. I think the Endeavor's max cone diameter is about 19", and my biotron, Hydrocopter and Astrostation need a home.

Attachments

• CrushyoHed.jpg
    CrushyoHed.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 75
Thanks!

but I am working on some of my own goofy ideas for my build. When it hits me, I will start.

I also am strongly considering making a micronaut's Endeavor out o aluminum first...that is like a holy grail for me.
Muttley'sdad let me use his 3d files to print one, but I could print it to about half scale. I think the Endeavor's max cone diameter is about 19", and my biotron, Hydrocopter and Astrostation need a home.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have some old odds and end Micronaut stuff if you are looking for spare parts etc....

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have some old odds and end Micronaut stuff if you are looking for spare parts etc....

Thanks Analyzer, but I am ssslllloooowwwlllyyy working on this stuff... just at hobby speed.

For instance, aluminum Biotron hands, casting his treads out of rubber, stuff like that.

I have wayyyy too much stuff I am trying to do

Spare parts are great! And I appreciate the offer! But depending on my whimsy/mood I might jump all over the project or leave it collecting dust for years.

Looks great!
I agree the Custom Replicas reference will get you what you need. They did a fantastic job creating all the original details of the model as it was filmed. They really nailed it.

-Sean

Folks, would anyone know who the fella pictured here is? I ask Mr. srspicer and Mr. t2sides specifically because Mr. srspicer had something to do with this kit and Mr. t2sides mentioned these being good reference, but the question is for anyone who might know? I would like to ask if maybe there were other pictures that might be shared but I'm not aware of who the gentleman is.

IMAG3267_1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back