Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Hey everybody!

I ain't gone or dead. I did have a few things come up... since Hurricane season is coming back and i still ain't recovered from that mess last year... BUT, one of the main hold ups is, I wasn't gonna move much farther until I had some of these parts printed if I was gonna do that, but that just don't seem to be something folks want to do for others or something? I don't know. I see people talking about having printers and such all the time, but I'm guessing at this point that that's alotta talk?

Anyway, I'm missing chatting and if this don't work out soon here, I'll just keep doing what I was doing.

Rob.

Hey everybody!

I ain't gone or dead. I did have a few things come up... since Hurricane season is coming back and i still ain't recovered from that mess last year... BUT, one of the main hold ups is, I wasn't gonna move much farther until I had some of these parts printed if I was gonna do that, but that just don't seem to be something folks want to do for others or something? I don't know. I see people talking about having printers and such all the time, but I'm guessing at this point that that's alotta talk?

Anyway, I'm missing chatting and if this don't work out soon here, I'll just keep doing what I was doing.

Rob.
I'm in a similar boat for my Space Academy build - a goofy number of the greeblies and parts combos I need are from classic donor (Star Wars & Galactica) kits, plus what ever spare kit supplies that were laying around back in the day. All of which have to be reduced by at least half-size to work with my build (because I'm crazy like that). While there may be a 3d printer in my future, it's not here *now* - and while I've do got a local acquaintance who has several 3d printers (filament & resin), he's booked up with projects that are paying his bills, and I'm waaaay down his customer list, even after offering cash payment. I just keep grinding away, working on some of the sub-assemblies.

I'm just trying to say, I feel where you are at! :cool:

Hey everybody!

Rob.
You still work here?

I was looking at Tony's 3D printed Mörser Karl gun parts. I'm sure they are beautiful, but they are so small, it is hard to justify the price.

Was on vacation last week and missed this earlier

Hey everybody!

Rob.

If you need some parts printed I can print them

the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-oh-no-not-again-1.gif

Excellent, no I mean really excellent work!

Like you, I am a real stickler for detail, and you are hitting this right on the money. For me, modeling has been put on the backburner the last years due to life just getting in the way, but I have two of these sitting on the shelf, right next to the Timeslip version and an even older battered up box with the Monogram Galactica in it. Seeing your progress, it is really itching my fingers to get one of them back on the bench... now where is that "subscribe" button? :)

Excellent, no I mean really excellent work!

Like you, I am a real stickler for detail, and you are hitting this right on the money. For me, modeling has been put on the backburner the last years due to life just getting in the way, but I have two of these sitting on the shelf, right next to the Timeslip version and an even older battered up box with the Monogram Galactica in it. Seeing your progress, it is really itching my fingers to get one of them back on the bench... now where is that "subscribe" button? :)
Sounds great! Jump right in!

Hey y'all! Still alive, but got a couple things I've been busy with as of late. I'll be back ASAP.

Sounds great! Jump right in!

Hey y'all! Still alive, but got a couple things I've been busy with as of late. I'll be back ASAP.

Oh no worries there, I wrote the book on "busy with other things". Good news is that your models will be there for you whenever you are ready. :)

I will not be getting around to the Moebius old Galactica any time soon, but here is my WIP for the Monogram Galactica... before I got disgusted with the wrong and lack of detail and shelved the whole model. Nevertheless, there are a couple good links and tips that are good for any Galactica build.

Monogram Galactica

You are certainly welcome to join in any time you like and/or participate in any way you want to. My thread is your thread. Now, I can't speak for everyone else, but even if they hate you, join in anyway. Most hate me and I'm still here! Mostly for spite, but whatever works I say! Thank you for the link too. My name's Jimmy, I'll take all you'll gimme.

Alright my fellow Galactaculars! I know I keep threatening to get back to actually participating in my own thread, but I am warning all y'all, I will. This is NOT an idle threat. What I'm doing at the moment is gathering a few more kits to use as fodder instead of destroying more of these old vintage ESCI/ERTL kits I've ruined so far and I may have found some good un's? I've been picking up a few 1/144 armor kits that have actually got some very gooder detail.

I've got quite a few of these:

dragon-tanks-001.jpg

C_DRA14045_00.jpg

dragon-tanks-008.jpg

A few of these:

fts60446_0.jpg

FToys.jpg

And even a couple of these:

71116lineup.jpg

These are ALL in 1/144 scale and are very detailed for the size they is and the size they is eeny-tinesy. Each one is about an inch and a half at most. ALL these images were stolen off the interwebs because I was simply too lazy to take personal pictures at the moment and y'all will see them in action later anyhow. As you and I discussed earlier Analyzer, I have sacrificed one of my old BANDAI 1/144 Tie Fighters to the cause for that Kool Shade section we discovered a few posts back.

BOOM!

DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

I'm not doing too bad. To make this ONE model, I have destroyed 30 or 40 (no exaggeration either. It only sounds bad because it is) vintage old kits. Even more now with these new ones, but these are all only collectibles and NOT old or vintage... yet.

Analyzer, I hope you was serious with your offer of helping with some of the 3D printing we was wanting to do. So far, all I've gotten is bragging.

Rob.

Last edited:
Eagle 1, aka "destroyer of kits" :lol:

It will be worth it in the end, unless of course that collectible turns out to be some million dollar find in the future

IN all serious though, good to see you back on this

Eagle 1, aka "destroyer of kits" :lol:

It will be worth it in the end, unless of course that collectible turns out to be some million dollar find in the future

IN all serious though, good to see you back on this

C'mon Analyzer, LOOK where we're at and what's going on. More than ONE will become worth a million, not long after I cut it into pieces, I'll screw up what I do cut, throw the screwed up little model in the garbage, get mad and smash another couple with my fist because I screwed up the cut, won't be able to buy any more to screw up and end up scratch building whatever it was anyway and get depressed.

hammer.jpg

Then, I'll turn around to put the Galactica in a safe place for another couple month break......

And drop it.

My shop floor is concrete.

boxed.jpg

Now, just as a side note because I've mentioned these tiny tank kits I've picked up for detail and just in case someone may want to pick up a few to do the same as me with them. All those I just posted are actual plastic model kits that need to be assembled, as y'all can see in the pictures. I did pick up a couple more made by the same folks that are PRE-Assembled and I do not recommend those. They (at least the C.A.N.-do from DRAGON Models) are Vinyl kits.

If you want these as a collection, they're fine:

Jagdpanther.jpg
elephant.jpg

They come both carded (as shown above) or boxed:

boxjag.jpg

openjag.jpg

size.jpg

The ones I've previously shown are regular old plastic with vinyl tracks on some. Some have plastic tracks too.

Last edited:
I also scored several of the Dragon Leopold and Morser Karl kits for doing pretty much the same thing you are doing; the planetoid model will get it's detailing done! Leftover bits will go into the box 'o doom for doing Drago's Dragonship from the same tv show.

I also scored several of the Dragon Leopold and Morser Karl kits for doing pretty much the same thing you are doing; the planetoid model will get it's detailing done! Leftover bits will go into the box 'o doom for doing Drago's Dragonship from the same tv show.

Not bad little stand alone kits if you ask me Mr. Brown! Almost a shame to hack, slice, rip, tear, gut, gouge and pull their heads off as I intend to do with them. (The MUHAAHAAHAAAAA is only implied here).

Naw, some kits was made for being parted out! :cool:

I'd gotten one of the Karl Morser's first to see if it would be vaguely applicable - and in my judgement, for my builds, the answer was "YEPPERS!" So, I hunted around, and Sprue Brothers website had the best price for multiple kits, Now that the holiday fun is past, it's way past time for me to get back to building!

The Morser's was where I went first too, that and the Leopold. Then, seeing those I started grabbin' some tanks.

This TRUMPETER is where I went first. It included that little LVPT7 so I picked this up. The LVPT7 doesn't have much that'll help, but I did get it to at least check:

trumpmorse.jpg
trumpmorser.jpg

When it wasn't bad, I wanted to see how it compared to the DRAGON. Found this three kit set down by the bay and was able to see the Leopold too. All good stuff here:

morse3.jpg

leo1.jpg

leo2.jpg

LEOPOLD innards:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

The only difference in kit #13 compared to #14 is that curved track.

dragon-tanks-019.jpg

Then, just to make sure, I snagged this:

dragmorse.jpg
dragmorser.jpg

Last edited:
pretty sure you left out some of the actual models used.

Attachments

• cuponoodles.png
    cuponoodles.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Surferkit.png
    Surferkit.png
    686.3 KB · Views: 56

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back