Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

He just would like you to share pictures of your build. Have fun. :)
AH, my mistake and apologies then! Had a rough night with another project and I was not thinking too clearly. o_O

Pics I have for everyone then!
[000236].jpg
101_0067.JPG
101_0068.JPG
101_0069.JPG
101_0070.JPG
101_0071.JPG
101_0072.JPG
101_0073.JPG
101_0074.JPG
101_0075.JPG
101_0076.JPG

He just would like you to share pictures of your build. Have fun. :)

Woah, hold up here just a minute. I was asking for money. Lots of it. Truck loads in fact and I'm VERY disappointed that he immediately TRIED to dash my hopes by pretending he's broke. Let's leave this money suggestion right where it's at and maybe we can come back to it.

Not sure what you're offering me to "join in on"; I'm broke if it's a matter of money.

But pictures, those I can get you. Give me a day to take some good ones so I can post them.

Yes sir, pictures will work right nicely and as edge said the fun is what we're looking for. The "join in" is simply group talk and you are certainly welcome in that regard.

You've done a mighty fine job on your Galactica, in fact, the more money you send me the better my impressions can get. I can prove that right after the check clears!

;)

Rob.

Woah, hold up here just a minute. I was asking for money. Lots of it. Truck loads in fact and I'm VERY disappointed that he immediately TRIED to dash my hopes by pretending he's broke. Let's leave this money suggestion right where it's at and maybe we can come back to it.

Yes sir, pictures will work right nicely and as edge said the fun is what we're looking for. The "join in" is simply group talk and you are certainly welcome in that regard.

You've done a mighty fine job on your Galactica, in fact, the more money you send me the better my impressions can get. I can prove that right after the check clears!

;)

Rob.
Do you take pocket lint?

Hey y'all! Mr. Analyzer, who is a good man, hands down, and worth EVERY penny we paid for him and a one of a kind all round nice guy... has sended me that bridge for this kit and I gotta tell everyone here with me... It's a thing of beauty. It makes me feel stupid that I ran my mouth way back several pages ago that I didn't want to use such parts on this, but it looks, REALLY, good.

It won't take much to change my mind.

I'll post a direct comparison of it in a little bit here, but I OFFICIALLY wanted to say THANK YOU Mr. Analyzer!!!

Rob.

Hey y'all! Mr. Analyzer, who is a good man, hands down, and worth EVERY penny we paid for him and a one of a kind all round nice guy... has sended me that bridge for this kit and I gotta tell everyone here with me... It's a thing of beauty. It makes me feel stupid that I ran my mouth way back several pages ago that I didn't want to use such parts on this, but it looks, REALLY, good.

I'll post a direct comparison of it in a little bit here, but I OFFICIALLY wanted to say THANK YOU Mr. Analyzer!!!

Rob.
If you think that is good, what till you see the 'nose' piece Tony aka 308 Bits designed.

Rob.

Since it is a Shapeways print it might need to be cleaned to get rid of the waxy residue

I can't remember if I already cleaned it or not

If not, I find soaking it in warm water with some dish soap ( Dawn works great) and a very light scrubbing with a toothbrush will clean it

Ok Analyzer, here's what I got... There are a few fellow modelers following along with me here and a fine gentleman named "Analyzer", sent me a "Shapeways" bridge. Thank you very much Mr. Analyazer. I mentioned I would do a direct comparison to the differences from the original kit part and the "Shapeways" part.

There IS no comparison. AT all. Except they are both bridges for the MOEBIUS Battlestar Galactica.

Here is that comparison just in case someone has never seen these compared and possibly assist your decision as to whether you want this or not:

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg
DSCN0374.jpg

Here, is the one I posted way back at the beginning of this thread as to what I had done with some modifications. STILL, no comparison.

DSCN0375.jpg
DSCN0376.jpg

Stuck temporarily where it goes.

DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

It's a really nice addition, in my opinion. It also shows how far MOEBIUS missed with this one and it sorta makes you wonder, HOW it could have been missed so badly when most of this seems fairly close?

Rob.

Last edited:
Great comparison shots

The problem I had with mine was once I started looking at ref pics on how to place it, I started to realize how wrong everything surrounding it is, even just the simple scribed panel lines

Great comparison shots

The problem I had with mine was once I started looking at ref pics on how to place it, I started to realize how wrong everything surrounding it is, even just the simple scribed panel lines
Don't get me started on those panel lines! ;)

Given that, it still builds up into a nice representation of the Galactica.

Last edited:
Great comparison shots

You're very welcome! All it shows, is exactly what y'all have been telling me, that there is no comparison.

Agreed.

You're a good man!

Don't get me started on those panel lines! ;)

Given that, it still builds up into a nice representation of the Galactica.

I agree here too, it's getting to the point I may need to back it down a little? It's one of those things where, the deeper I go, the deeper I want to, ya' know?

Speaking of...

Here's where I went next. I haven't posted in over a week because this has taken me that long.

I decided that these needed a little attention since I did the last two updates.

1.jpg

260.jpg

This one took me a little while because there really isn't much from other kits that can be used at this scale. Now, what y'all gone see IS quite a few bits from kits, but not one that didn't have to be shaved, sliced, divided, shrunk, washed, rinsed and repeated.

Here's what I'm jabberin' on about and what they look like straight outta the kit.

DSCN0379.jpg
DSCN0380.jpg
DSCN0381.jpg
DSCN0382.jpg

And they're OFF!

Then, the fun started and for the next few days, I started trying to recreate something similar to what we can see in them holes. Cut me a little slack on these, that hole ain't very big and EVERYTHING I added is smaller than the tip of the brush tip for TAMIYA Extra Thin.

DSCN0384.jpg
DSCN0385.jpg
DSCN0386.jpg
DSCN0387.jpg
DSCN0388.jpg
DSCN0389.jpg
DSCN0390.jpg
DSCN0391.jpg

This has increased the cost of this kit by ALOT. There are modified parts from NO LESS than 15 1/72 ESCI/ERTL, 10 AIRFIX HO, 2 TAMIYA Waterlines, 1 AIRFIX 1/600 HMS Belfast, 1 Revell 1/1200 Bismarck, 2 1/48 Revell Gemini/Mercury AND 1/24 Gemini... ALL vintage... and about 40 miles of stretched sprue.

I think they look alright, but that's for y'all to let me know and as I said, it's shinier (shinier? You sure?) in the picture reflections than it really looks and much of the glue really is sorta "painted" on.

Well? Bust my chops folks. I can take it. I cry easily, so there is that, but HEY... I did ask for it.

Friends.

;)

Rob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back