Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Okay, to clarify...

I didn't know it was UN-clar?

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

How could you not? It's about cutting up a plastic model kit and making snide and smart aleck remarks. Gots LOVE wrotted all over it.

"filtercarb" is in reference to the fears that something is gonna go wrong. Toss that negativity aside!!

Something is BOUND to go wrong, but I thought my liver filtered carbs? Or is that my enlarged arteries? Kidneys? Hell, one of them. I did recognize it as a medical term and that's all that counts here.

It is inspirational.

A sunset on our flat earth is inspirational. This, is watching me rip parts off and glue them back on again because Analyzer keeps looking at my pictures.

Butt? Another medical term?

If something didnt go wrong, it would be weird

In reality,

CALM DOWN. It will go wrong. You gotta have a little faith. HOLD!

Now Im gonna hafta put some aluminum foil in my helmet

This statement makes absolutely no sense. WHY, would your aluminum foil be OUTTA your helmet anyhow. Nobody... LOOK AT ME... NOBODY said take that out and now there could be reprocush... rippocuss... consee... consense... :unsure: ?
Cause for concern.

Slowly, I'm getting closer. This latest updgrade looks pretty good to me and shows up well on the model. This one seems worth the fuss? Again, y'all forgive the pencil marks and such. Primer oughta do me good.
DSCN0317.jpg
DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg
DSCN0312a.jpg
DSCN0314.jpg

I've also added more detail along the sides which also came out fairly well.

DSCN0315.jpg
DSCN0316.jpg

Hopefully, I'll be moving on to some other section here before long?

Slowly, I'm getting closer. This latest updgrade looks pretty good to me and shows up well on the model. This one seems worth the fuss? Again, y'all forgive the pencil marks and such. Primer oughta do me good.
View attachment 1474999View attachment 1475003
View attachment 1474999View attachment 1475004View attachment 1475005

I've also added more detail along the sides which also came out fairly well.

View attachment 1475006View attachment 1475007

Hopefully, I'll be moving on to some other section here before long?
Now that's precision flying.

Well Done Congrats GIF by America's Got Talent

Hello? Anybody still here??? Nope, I ain't dead, so whoever bet that way, you LOST! HA!

Anyway, here's the latest. What I've done here is, I've opened up those "ladder" structures just forward of that tank deck. I believe those ladder parts are from the 1/72 HASEGAWA LEOPOLD Railway Gun. Those turned out to be a little fiddly and to make matters worse... and I hope all our joking ain't coming true JPH, but I still blame YOU for this... I just so happened to drop one of the two ladders while I was working on it. Couldn't find it for NUTHIN". Actually was about to give up and try to make one from scratch. I was regretting that bad 'cause JUST to work on these was tough and the thought of making one was weighing on me pretty hard. One last look around and I found it! All three pieces. I had ROLLED OVER IT with my chair. It was bad. It took two full days to get it back to something I could start working on again. Fellas, it was bad. Now, having made y'all all laugh because I know, it's funny, I still may work on them a little more. There are small tabs all over both pieces and as of yet, I don't exactly know how to add them, but we'll see.

I've also made what I think is a part from the 1/12 TAMIYA John Player Special race car kit? It's the frame looking piece just behind that tank deck, in case some didn't know that. You're welcome. Another piece that will try your patience when one of y'all follow along with me, but it can be done. That one is all hand made. ;)

Still looking a little better to me, but it's all starting to get fuzzy for me at this point, so I don't know.
DSCN0320.jpg
DSCN0321.jpg

Here's what I used as reference.

See all the little nubs. I'm not 100% sure how to recreate those yet.

53ac5e313f8315d57fb5bcbb9c046160_120657.jpg

Here's the TAMIYA JPS part. I got that one fairly close the first try, so, unless I break it all to pieces... which is a VERY high probability... it oughta work like it is.

DSC_0599.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back