Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Alrighty... interested participants...

This is about as close as I'm gonna be able to get those "scales". Now, as mentioned before, those scales "look" like that Ferrari engine I posted earlier. Whether that's the exact one or not, an idea I don't got, but here's my attempt at making what I posted. Along with that, there is detail needed on a few parts of this engine section, it looks like, so I've made some replacement AIRFIX Saturn V engine bells too.
DSCN0285.jpg
DSCN0286.jpg
DSCN0287.jpg
DSCN0288.jpg
DSCN0289.jpg
DSCN0290.jpg

I think it looks alright? It's nott 100% cleaned up yet and not attached to the model till later, but it is what it is.

Rob.

Alright y'all! I apologize for the delay in an update here. Here's the reason. Play time is over for this thing. I've about got it to the "put it back together" stage though, so updates MIGHT be more frequent? I don't know, y'all don't hold me to that.View attachment 1471061

You're braver than I thought! ;)

That is definitely an Alpha move there.

Hopefully Mr. edge, it won't be too bad. They've came off without damaging most so I plan to re-use as much as possible of the original pieces to keep it as original as I can. The main Saturn V tanks, I'm hoping, will be about the only parts to actually be replaced of the original parts. Now that it'll be an opened up area (as it should), the only things extra will be what extras need to be added in all the open recesses now?

Cross your fingers for me here... ;) Here's what I mean snipped from the original picture. These need to be solid now.
tanks.jpg

No sir. I have a couple chisel shaped X-Acto blades and I literally just cut them off trying to keep as true and flat as possible against the part I'm trying to save. If I'm trying to save both, it gets tricky. I also have a "GYROS" brand razor saw for a dremel tool that I use very often and I highly recommend one. It is a savage piece of equipment though. I got stories I could tell you with that thing!

GYROS.jpg

Alright y'all, WAKE UP! Been working on putting this back together and here's where I'm up to so far.

Again, where this started...
DSCN0293a.jpg

As before, I'm adding detail that wouldn't be there on the kit. Since I'm opening areas up now, I'll need some replacement parts, so, I've vac-formed a few things. As an example, those new tanks are now .040 3/8 drive ratchet extensions. I've done a few forms to use as the racing car canopies and such too.
DSCN0298.jpg

Ok, I know it's late, I don't mean to wake y'all, but, I got's more did! Gettin' better all the time I believe.
DSCN0299.jpg
DSCN0300.jpg
DSCN0301.jpg
DSCN0302.jpg

It's really just a matter of time now before sumthin... and I don't have a clue what yet... SUMTHIN' majorly bad is bound to be headin' straight for this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back