Limited Run Mission Impossible Leather IMF Folder (original series)

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of our customers requested we replicate the IMF folder from the original Mission: Impossible series. It'd be best to do this as a run, so if anyone else is interested, let us know and we'll gauge quantities accordingly. Price will be $75 (plus shipping, $12 via airmail or $18 via courier). Please make your purchase within the next week or so through our website: http://www.magnoliprops.com/imf-leather-folder-journals-p-594.html

The folder measures 9" x 14" with a 2" spine. It's made in genuine leather with gold foiled front text.

Later next week, we'll do the run based on the number of orders received. We may make a few extra for those who missed out, but this may be a one-time run.

extra-image-1412.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I'm interested but alas there's only so much budget in my account. I'm following this in case funds free up.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Great to see that you're doing this, Indy!

I've been searching for one of these on and off for years. Ready to order, pending a little more information.

May I ask about screen-accuracy, and what reference resources you've used to recreate the folder?

Thanks!

temponaut

Based soled on screengrabs from the original show. For the lettering, I used the closest font I could find, then modified each letter to match the original gold text as closely as possible. The only creative liberties I took was adding the interior corner pieces for practicality. Sizing was guessed from what was seen on screen, comparing to standard foolscap file sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in. Been searching for something I can modify into this for years now. I even have some photos ready for it, but now I’ll have to step it up and make a few better ones.

I’m in. Been searching for something I can modify into this for years now. I even have some photos ready for it, but now I’ll have to step it up and make a few better ones.

Are you saying we can improve our design? If so, please let us know as we can certainly tweak the pattern for this run.

Ah, right. We've actually had a request to put together a dossier file for this portfolio as well. We may add this option to the run... more news later this week.

Ah, right. We've actually had a request to put together a dossier file for this portfolio as well. We may add this option to the run... more news later this week.

I'd also be interested in the dossier file in the near future. I've got a print of one of the Rollin/Landau photos but couldn't ever find any of the other ones.

Working on it... but turns out it's a LOT of work. ;) And, unfortunately, two of our full time employees are gone all week, so I'm doing triple duty this week.

The dossier photos are hard. With a few exceptions there isn’t much out there. There are at least a couple of each of the main characters in the first few seasons, the Martin Landau ones are fairly easy, there is one version of Peter Lupus that can be done but not the magazine cover. Barbara Bain has no photos available that match her ‘magazine’ covers, Greg Morris has no photos that match either the Collier electronics pamphlet or the later 8x10, Leonard Nimoy has photos from the same shoot but not the same photo that they use for Paris. Even the Bruce Geller photo they use as a throwaway joke I have never seen. There is one of Wally Cox that is probably good enough to recreate his Terry Targo from the pilot episode.

The dossier photos are hard. With a few exceptions there isn’t much out there. There are at least a couple of each of the main characters in the first few seasons, the Martin Landau ones are fairly easy, there is one version of Peter Lupus that can be done but not the magazine cover. Barbara Bain has no photos available that match her ‘magazine’ covers, Greg Morris has no photos that match either the Collier electronics pamphlet or the later 8x10, Leonard Nimoy has photos from the same shoot but not the same photo that they use for Paris. Even the Bruce Geller photo they use as a throwaway joke I have never seen. There is one of Wally Cox that is probably good enough to recreate his Terry Targo from the pilot episode.

Just as a suggestion, the entire series is available on Amazon in HD if anyone has access to it and can take better screencaps.

This show is LONG overdue for a Blu-ray release, and there are so many great prop reference shots to be found in M:I for newspapers,
IDs, and all kinds of other vintage prop documents that were pretty commonly reused among different shows for decades because they
all were made by Earl Hays Press.

"genuine leather"? meaning "cheap" leather? What if you made these using a better leather like goat or calf? Might feel better and look better despite a price increase, but in the end would LAST longer and age better. I once got a blank grail diary journal from someplace which was made with "genuine leather" and it felt so bad I threw it away. I'd be up for paying for quality leather on a piece like this.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back