Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol

I went to see it yeasterday. I liked it. It was everything I want out of a MI movie. I feel that it erases the previous 3 from my mind.

Simon Pegg was great. The villian was fine, except for the parking garage fight. It dragged on too long for a 60 YO man to be fighting a trained agent.

I am glad that I saw it.

Best MI movie since the first. JJ Abrams did a great job. I have to admit that when I saw the scene in Dubai with Tom on the tower that it was hard to deny that he must have a set of brass balls to do a stunt like that!! LOL.

Yes, he does look old(er), but that wouldn't have been so bad if he had just kept his shirt on. Dude needs to do some push-ups!!

577531d1323795646-tom-cruises-watch-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-tom.jpg

It's gotta be hard though for these aging action stars to admit they're getting older.

Just got back from this. I liked the first one... hated the 2nd (just like everyone else) and thought the last one was just a mess and more confusing than necessary. This one was very good except for the last 2 minutes... ugh... No need to wrap things up in such a happy bow. Still, a good movie and a really fun ride.

I saw this last night and liked it. It delivered what I expected............I wanted a 2 hour break from reality, and that is what I got.

Simon Pegg did a nice job.

I liked it. And Cruise usually annoys me too much to enjoy his films. Pegg was a little annoying here and there, although overall I liked him. They just overplayed it a bit.

(spoilers)

Plotwise, the movie suffers from "because there would be no movie" syndrome. They find out someone is going to steal codes from the Kremlin. So they send in a covert unit to beat them to it. Well, how about picking up the phone and telling our Russian ALLIES "hey, someone is about to steal your launch codes"?

Because there would be no movie.

Hunt's logic about giving the baddie the real codes so they could catch him was the worst ever. Sure, maybe he'll steal more later, maybe he won't. Cross that bridge then. But here you're able to prevent armageddon from happening TODAY, but you'll risk it? STUUUUPID.

But there would be no movie.

You know what satellite they're going to use? How long have you known this? A tip sent to the Pentagon might have enabled them to destroy or disable it.

But...

Simon Pegg did do a nice job. As for the movie, it was an M:I movie. That last scene was just a little to long. I did miss Ving though lol. And, yeah, the 'villian' was a bit laughable. But, considering that part of the movie was infiltrating the Kremlin? That takes a lot of cajones in today's world, man. And that's with enough prep. If you look at the movie from a slightly different angle, the team set up was almost on purpose, from the Secretary's POV. Like, he knew he might get killed. And after all, why look for a bullet in a head when the car just exploded?

And, yeah, but...

There are a lot of realism holes in the movies, but that's not why the movie was good. And sure it may have been overplayed, but isn't that the way M:I movies are supposed to be?

I saw it last night and I really, really liked it.

It was new year's eve and the tradition is we see a movie, walk around the town a bit and then ninja to the roof of the shopping centre to watch the surrounding fireworks. The reason we picked Mission Impossible to watch was because it had the longest running time and ended latest, leaving us less time to 'hang around' pointlessly.

Usually I dislike Tom Cruise, because he's a creepy looking nutbag who jumped on Oprah's house and has weird beliefs. However, he was pretty good in this. As well as being the creepy nutbag, he had a couple of funny moments which lightened him up a bit.

The story was typical and the action was typical, but very well done. The effects and things were great, although I'm sad they didn't do much of the standard rubber mask trick.

The cinematography was brilliant, and the shots of Dubai and Moscow were all really well done.

The actors were all good, but I thought Pegg was the worst. He was the comedic effect, but it seemed forced.

As I get older, I find my attention span is getting shorter with movies and I find I get bored with them easily. These days I find myself looking at the time and getting twitchy around halfway in.

With Ghost Protocol I didn't look at the time at all.

I saw it last night - liked it alot. The Dubai/electronic gloves scene had me squirming in my seat. That doesn't happen often to me at movies!

Brian

Just got back from watching it, it was a pretty good movie. Saw a lot of props that could be fun to make. I could be wrong but on the magnetic suit, were those metal square studs that was on the suit?

B
Yes, he does look old(er), but that wouldn't have been so bad if he had just kept his shirt on. Dude needs to do some push-ups!!

Are you serious? He's in better shape than MOST PEOPLE IN AMERICA. And he's fifty. Maybe when he's compared to other A-List actors in their late twenties, he's looking a little worse for the wear, but come on man, get some perspective!!!! :lol

Oh, and I liked the movie. :D Good, clean, clever fun. Dude from Slumdog was awesome too.

This one and MI3 have been the best in the series to me, they really show how effective each member of the IMF teams are. I really liked the montage intro, reminded me of the way the original Mission: Impossible series' episodes would start. Imax scenes were nice, especially Dubai shots.

Minor nit: if you're going to use the original theme during the opening credits, don't F around with it. I like Giacchino, but I was trying to hum along with the theme in my head, and it did not match. Apart from the necessity to extend it, that is.

just saw this on iMax. kinnell, that Khalifa sequence makes your ass bite the seat.

and all i can say about Tom is, i hope i look half as good when i'm fifty!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back