Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol

When will Tom Cruise realize is 15 minutes of fame have long since been up?

Say what you want, and I know you will, but the guy can act -- just ask P.T. Anderson, Scorsese and the 'Berg.

Plus, he is the very essence of a movie star.

Saw it the other night at an advanced screening. Not bad at all. Good popcorn flick, great action scenes. I'm not really sure what the overall plot was, but I enjoyed it. The supporting actors get a surprising amount of lines and involvement in the story. Kudos to the screenplay for not making it just Mission: Impossible - Tom Cruise.

Definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Andy

Larry please stop posting all these "nice" and "Cool" and sometimes "awesome" threads. Please just only post things that are layered in negativity and complaints.

R

O

F

L

This movie will be very very cool!!

Saw the movie in Imax. The movie was good, but it wasnt great. Everything started great, but it kinda lost me with several over-done scenes.

Definitely worth the money. It had action, comedy, good acting etc etc...

It is better than the second movie, but not sure how it matches up to the other 2 films...Kinda a draw

Renner did a great job as a new cast member and Josh Holloway was pretty awesome.

Saw it on IMAX last night. Pretty intense. I was quite puckered during that one sequence in Dubai. :eek Man, I haven't felt that sense of tension from a movie in a long time. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of heights. I thought the whole production was executed very well.

As for the DKR prologue, I couldn't understand half of what Bane said. They should really consider adding subtitles or coming up with some sort of solution to make his speech a bit more clear.

Saw MI last night. It's like a spy movie from the future! Thought it was really good... with the exception of the ending... which came kind of quick I thought. Some great special effects shots... the sandstorm sequence was really fun. Go see it.

Saw it last night in Imax. Enjoyed it quite a bit, just a great action/spy thriller... better than Bond, even though I find it hard to watch Tom Cruise.

The Imax is nothing short of spectacular. I was just in awe over the views we got with so much clarity... I don't recall being so blown away from an Imax film quite like this before.

It did seem to start dragging at the end just a bit too much. Went on just a bit longer than it should've. When the bad guy got away after the second-to-last "adventure" I was kinda like: get it on with already.

No Dark Knight Rises 6 minute preview, did get the trailer.

Oh, yeah... Simon Pegg was perfect. I hope they stick with the team concept for the next one and we get more Pegg!!

Two Pegg movies in two days... saw Tin Tin Friday morning and M:I-4 Saturday night.

I just saw this. Its pretty good. I think its on par with the other two Tom Cruise MI movies. If you liked those, you will like this one.

I like the Daniel Craig 007 movies better, and cant wait for Skyfall.

Jeremy Renner is a good actor, and I think he will be great in the Avengers, but I still cant see him as Jason Bourne, but who knows.

For me MI3 was better. The other night MI1 was on TV and its sort of funny how technology was presented 15 years ago. Go ahead and watch it again, the computer scenes are near hilarious. I cant watch MI2 so cant comment on it. I did try but just cant sit through it. MI4 for me didnt live up to MI3 and in the back of my mind I did hope they would involve the Rabbits Foot as part of the launch codes system. It could have been a device capable of access to other countries nuclear arsenal with appropriate launch codes.

Brad Bird did an admirable job of staging the impressive set pieces, but JJ Abrams had a better script to work from (thanks in part to a more interesting and well-cast villain).

Still, MI4 was a lot of vertigo-inducing fun to see on the IMAX screen.

saw m.i. g protocol last week. nice movie. script gimmicks were well thought of specially the lobby projecting screen and the sandstorm sequence. comic relief sequence are nice additions .i'm not surprised its the no. 1 movie right now worldwide.

I have to agree with Rob. I felt the story in Ghost Protocol was lacking compared to I and III (I really hate II as well). GP's story just felt a little cliched and by the numbers (did they have to announce where they were going like it was a big family trip?). However, the film was put together so well and the action sequences were great. It definitely felt like a Brad Bird film.

My biggest nitpick is probably one of the most trivial: I HATE HATE HATE opening credit sequences that are a little montage of scenes from the movie. IIRC, other M:I films did this too. I don't need a preview of what's to come fight before the film starts...

I was stoked for this movie. I really liked #3 when JJ took over. I'm also a big Brad Bird fan.

Boy, I was I disappointed. It was about 30 minutes too long. The action scenes just didn't work. You didn't care about any of the team. No chemistry between the team members (bring back Ving and Morpheus!) Tom Cruise looks old. The dialogue was laughable. AND, I think it may have had the worst bad guy in movie history! Especially after Philip Seymour Hoffman in #3.

So I guess I didn't like it. :)

I liked the movie, Simon Pegg and his lines made it funny, but I agree with the opinion that the bad guy was the worst aspect of this movie. Entertaining movie, go see it ;-)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back