minatour bust

frosty

Sr Member
Well i decided today to make a bust of a minatour for my sons class project, i was going to sculpt a small bust, but decided to do a life sized version, not that much more work
Heres the sculpt, i just did a quick sketch, and made it up as i went along
DSCF0038.jpg

Not the most detailed thing in the world, but it'll do, the back half i'll put together out of sheet foam more to come, hopefully i can complete tomorrow, he doesn't know, hope he likes it

Love it! Minos are one of my favorite mythical creatures.
Very nice interpretation! Reminds me of Pan's Labyrinth.

Robb

i was thinking dark crystal mystic, with a couple of swirls, but now you've said that, yeah that must've been in the back of my mind to

Bah... looks ok now, but what it needs is some modifications to make it a full fledged CYBERDEMON from DOOM!

p6HJI.jpg

(looks awesome man!)
Chris

lol, thanks guys, well the cats outa the bag, he came out and saw me working on the head, not to bothered though, as he's made up!
I did want to do darkness, those horns put me off though.
Its quick as its done in Wed clay, you can knock stuff out pretty quick in this stuff, i once did a prone alien, child sized in water clay in a day and a half, good for camera but in person a bit rushed.
Hey Nobby, i used to do this full time, now its just a hobby that pays for itself, cyberdemon, now thats an idea!

Maybe i'll have a go at Darkness one day, but, i finished this bugger, lol, finished it about an hour ago, i messed up sculpting the rune look on the fod, its not symetrical, but it works, and more importantly lucas loved it, its a latex and polyfoam facepiece, glass eyes (predator eyes) with sheetfoam for the rest and fur fabric, i painted it with a latex base and fw acrylics, punched mohair into the chin and upper lip, horns were insulation pipe cut and shaped and covered with latex
DSCF0056-1.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

a pic showing the punched hair
DSCF0064.jpg

And lastly Lucas and his new friend
DSCF0055.jpg

thanks everyone, yeah, he's doing greek myths and had to put pics etc together, this was just an extra thing, his teacher loved it, i was trying to make it as non threatening as i could, my first design had him snarling showing teeth, scrapped that, went more for the 'what shall i have for my tea?' look, lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back