Millennium Falcon Gold Dice

On a separate note. I cannot figure out how the dice are configured on the chain.

star_wars_8813_863x.jpg

Comparing to my dice, the bottom ones are fine. I can replicate the positioning. But the top ones are giving me trouble. I tried a few different assumptions based on maybe the resolution and light reflection is losing some detail but I just can't figure it out.

I did an image search and think I found the old image in the original post. When I clicked on the image of the google search, it led me to my original post. When I went to the direct image link, it was also gone. But i was able to save the preview. Here it is:

Unknown.jpeg

I think this was it. As you can see, it does not help our debate because it does not show the "1" side. :(

I'm searching everywhere for the guys post he put on, telling us about his sale. I know I got the single 1 from somewhere, ha.

Now for my own sanity I need this!

IF I didn't point it out in that thread, it's probably cuz I was looking for a cheaper seller to lock that down first and THEN share.

Comparing to my dice, the bottom ones are fine. I can replicate the positioning. But the top ones are giving me trouble. I tried a few different assumptions based on maybe the resolution and light reflection is losing some detail but I just can't figure it out.

You mean what corner are they attached to?

Seems to me they are attached the same point on both.

Are you putting a chain on yours? how are you attaching?

You mean what corner are they attached to?

Seems to me they are attached the same point on both.

Are you putting a chain on yours? how are you attaching?

No, just trying to confirm the dice.

If you look at the dice hanging. It looks like on both dice the 2 and 3 sides are showing. But not that the position of the dots are not positioned right if they are a matching set. The dots for the "2" side are in different corners when compared to each other.

Here is the original picture Zed pipe posted and the dice that he sold.I bought them from him when that article was released.

I hope this helps
20151009_151442.jpg1444418492088.jpg

On a separate note. I cannot figure out how the dice are configured on the chain.

http://cdn.revistavanityfair.es/uploads/images/thumbs/201525/star_wars_8813_863x.jpg

ive been into TCG games for a very long time. what we use to do in the old days is put these dice (same brand you guys are talking about) in the oven, heat them up alittle bit with 6 facing up, once the dice starts getting real soft, we pull them out real quick and place them in ice water with 6 still facing up.

the theory behind this is, with the die heated up the plastic gets soft and falls to the bottom, once its chilled now you have a weighted die. why am i explaing how we cheated in the past? because with alittle hair dryer you can heat the die up enough to puncher a bracelet clasp, on eye hook in one of the corners and attached a chain :thumbsup

ive been into TCG games for a very long time. what we use to do in the old days is put these dice (same brand you guys are talking about) in the oven, heat them up alittle bit with 6 facing up, once the dice starts getting real soft, we pull them out real quick and place them in ice water with 6 still facing up.

the theory behind this is, with the die heated up the plastic gets soft and falls to the bottom, once its chilled now you have a weighted die. why am i explaing how we cheated in the past? because with alittle hair dryer you can heat the die up enough to puncher a bracelet clasp, on eye hook in one of the corners and attached a chain :thumbsup

You do realize that I was not talking about "how to hang them"... right?

So wait a second... The images from Zed-Pipe show the two dots of the "2" side lined up vertically (or horizontally depending on how you hold them. The dice in the Vanity Fair picture have the two dots in a diagonal formation.

So wait a second... The images from Zed-Pipe show the two dots of the "2" side lined up vertically (or horizontally depending on how you hold them. The dice in the Vanity Fair picture have the two dots in a diagonal formation.

Yup, another difference.

They didn't use the ones he sold them.

All I can guess is that, much like even the CG animated flicks I work on, if they want a sticker for a box label (that you would NEVER notice in the final film), the design guys will present the directors with 5 options to choose from.

They may have bought 5 different pairs of dice, let the prop lead pick which looked closest to whatever reference they had.

Yup, another difference.

They didn't use the ones he sold them.

All I can guess is that, much like even the CG animated flicks I work on, if they want a sticker for a box label (that you would NEVER notice in the final film), the design guys will present the directors with 5 options to choose from.

They may have bought 5 different pairs of dice, let the prop lead pick which looked closest to whatever reference they had.

I'm thinking, why do you need to buy gold dice? Why not buy dice and paint them gold. Which is what I wonder if they did because there does not seem to be a lot of shine to those dice. To further speculate, did they just grab some dice laying around that were not a matched set?

You do realize that I was not talking about "how to hang them"... right?

yes, u are wondering what corner to stick the clasp or eye hook in so the correct number of dots show when they hang?

I was under the impression these dice were metal, now knowing they are the same dice I've been rolling for ever I just figured I'd share that it's easy to heat up and stick the metal clasp/eye hook in

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking, why do you need to buy gold dice? Why not buy dice and paint them gold. Which is what I wonder if they did because there does not seem to be a lot of shine to those dice. To further speculate, did they just grab some dice laying around that were not a matched set?

Could be... I just looked at the pic of the ones you bought, entered the number, and bought the same for 6 bucks shipped. who cares at this point? I just want a pair of gold dice, put a chain on it, and hang it by my falcon model.

doners.

Searched all that time for the ones that matched the dude that sold to pinewood, and now it looks like non matching dice of a differing brand.

:behave :unsure

I figure I'll just go to Michaels, see what they have in stock.... hopefully get tiny screws with the loop/hook. they have all that jewellery making stuff, there should be something there.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back