Millennium Falcon Alternative Early Concept Version

Perhaps if the ship’s MAIN colour is red with white minority,...that denotes diplomatic status

John
[/QUOTE]

That's it exactly. Not that we need to get too pedantic about it. :p

star-wars-x-wing.jpg

Perhaps if the ship’s MAIN colour is red with white minority,...that denotes diplomatic status

John

That's it exactly. Not that we need to get too pedantic about it. :p

No, just Superjedi’s comment sort of put me off the red idea until I thought about it & reasoned with it

J

Last edited:
Well, while we're discussing it, if you're being true to the ANH aesthetic, ONLY red and yellow markings can be used since they didn't interfere with the original blue screen optical compositing techniques. Hence no blue stripes on X-Wings until Rogue One.

It looks exactly the it should! BeeeYOUtiful.

So now what's the plan for weathering? Are you going for roughly the same style and amount on the 5-footer or something else?

A master class in/for following your imagination mate , and the persistence and dedication it takes ! Thanks for sharing John :D
I’d still be trimming back the length of those turrets - but again, that’s only my preference.
This will still be another stunning model once you’re happy with the final result.
How’s your Deago build going btw ?

Cheers Ged

It looks exactly the it should! BeeeYOUtiful.

So now what's the plan for weathering? Are you going for roughly the same style and amount on the 5-footer or something else?

Thanks vey much Hunk a Junk, I can't wait for the weathering, I'll probably go for the same as the Falcon, with rust & dirt, BUT probably not streaking,..similar to the Blockade Runner, I'll likely add decals, then tie it all together with a misting of the base coat

A master class in/for following your imagination mate , and the persistence and dedication it takes ! Thanks for sharing John :D
I’d still be trimming back the length of those turrets - but again, that’s only my preference.
This will still be another stunning model once you’re happy with the final result.
How’s your Deago build going btw ?

Cheers Ged

Thanks Ged, I actually trimmed those barrels, cut off about 5mil,...I was actually toying with printing 2 beefier turrets for the centre top & bottom ones near the cockpit,....I'll see how that goes

I stalled on the DeAgo because of the cockpit interior, I tried making my own with decals etc, but it just wasn't sharp enough,....too obviously home made looking, but now I have Joshua Maruskas 3d files for the cockpit, so I'm going to 3d print the back wall & sides in black resin with the square light buttons removed, to let light shine through, new printed seats & dashboard,....that's going by the logic in my head,....probably not work out that way,....then seal the ship up & thats her done

Thanks guys for your support

John

Amazing!

I like the design much better than the outrider. Since they had been reusing concept stuff, it would have been nice if this had shown up somewhere

Amazing!

I like the design much better than the outrider. Since they had been reusing concept stuff, it would have been nice if this had shown up somewhere

Thankyou very much Analyzer....I have my own take on the Outrider that I’ll have to do a bit more on...but yes!!..I’d really love this ship to turn up somewhere

Just building up the darkened areas using ANH surface grey,...then darkening a bit with Reefer Grey...rusty bits are oils....trying to get somewhere to take photos without crap in the background

C6061C93-5CE3-44ED-9F43-1E2FF45713E1.jpeg
F20DE48D-3FD0-45F0-9567-841DF5FC92F0.jpeg
CD7003D7-B5BF-43C4-8D72-4B165A26C81A.jpeg
A92F57A6-C8DC-4DB6-AF59-8FF93D34F0B1.jpeg
0A10D7F0-DAE1-48CB-8641-0C5F65CB1777.jpeg
6DB45A3D-211E-4CF6-BEA7-6648B1CBACB5.jpeg
7DC5058F-F5A6-4BBA-B34F-25B5B37A83F7.jpeg
9BFF55C3-5D1C-4F5C-9AC1-40DC21D1A152.jpeg
9662A040-0446-4519-AD0B-BEA45B523A2D.jpeg
0E302024-6186-44F1-8D9B-B054F74B3BC9.jpeg
B0922E83-E4B6-4CCE-B2BF-496AEDDAC435.jpeg
9D6A8007-5ADD-449D-84D6-894F21AE9F15.jpeg
5417E60E-A16A-4D4D-BC9A-E5F343DF2EC2.jpeg
1945534E-104D-40E5-86C1-1BC1F91165B6.jpeg
4BBA61E1-201A-4734-9956-132BB1FCC21F.jpeg

Sorry there’s so many photos

thanks for looking in

John

Beautiful.
That is really looking good.
Hi MAte,

Umm, I should drop in more often, thats awsome!!!
Wow! This is really looking awesome with the weathering. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thank you to everyone

I’m having a lot of fun with this, it’s great having the freedom to go nuts....with the rough drawing

It’s also coincidental to the video chat that was broadcast yesterday for the anniversary of ESB...Bill George as MC, with Joe Johnston, Lorne Peterson, Phil Tippett and Dennis Muren
Joe mentions the linear design of the Falcon, the sudden realisation that there were similarities with the Eagle from Space:1999....George says he wanted a new ship for Han Solo,...Grant McCune asked if they could keep the cockpit & radar dish,... so Joe went home and did about 6 or 8 drawings incorporating a ‘flying saucer’, some with the cockpit up front in the middle, some with it back where the gun turret is. When he came back in & showed George the images, he liked the cockpit off to the side

That’s the first I’ve heard the drawing I’m basing this on sort of mentioned

Thanks guys

John

Little late to the party here, but of the test painting ideas, my thoughts were a mix of 1 and 3....and it looks like that's exactly what you did. Looks really good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back