MILLENNIUM FALCON 5' REPLICA

You are new here, and maybe there is something being lost in language translation - but you are the one that is appearing disrespectful.

Just because someone has not responded to you quickly, is no reason to get offended. This is a hobby website. Not everyone checks this website every day. They may not even be aware that you asked. I have gone weeks or months without checking this site.

Let's slow down and relax a little.
You've made your point, OK

Thanks. So, another update. more progress on the hands-on stuff;

Got The Mandibles on! And both sub-assemblies and damage hole fitted

View attachment 1087652 View attachment 1087653

All the plating topside is done except around the Upper Deck. Still got all the chips to do though

Also got both Docking rings nearly finished but not fitted all the greeblies/plating around the outside
View attachment 1087654
Are the mandibles just glued on or do they key in to the armature? And how do you reinforce the sauce halves without internal ribs?

The saucer is 3d printed with infill support at around 20% so plenty strong enough. The mandibles are fixed with steel dowels and epoxied on

Thanks dude...I have not I'm afraid, but u can check out the 1/6 version if u want more falcon
1607114274772.png

WOW, that Falcon is beautiful. Incredible work on those files. Glad I found this thread. I'm sure my wife won't be happy I found it as it gives me a new project that takes up a lot of room.
Cheers,
Kevin

I couldn't help myself and decided to treat myself for Christmas. Thank you Graham! I can't wait to start printing. I'll figure out later where to put it. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.
Cheers,
Kevin

OK, so I have finally managed to sort out, categorise and upload all the necessary files to 3D print and build this 5' Falcon; A hub for 3D printable STAR WARS by IMPERIALPRINTHUB on Etsy

Ok, am I correct in thinking that this is all the greeblies/nurnies for the five foot falcon. If so wow, what a great thing ! Thanks for this, don't know how you did it.
Cheers,

Joe

P.S. Sorry also meant to ask what resin you used to print your parts. I don't have a resin printer yet, but will probably have to get one for this ; )

Last edited:
Thanks guys and good luck with your builds

I just used the standard resin that sells on Amazon for the Elegoo Mars although now I prefer the ABS-like tough resin

Thanks guys and good luck with your builds

I just used the standard resin that sells on Amazon for the Elegoo Mars although now I prefer the ABS-like tough resin
Thanks for the reply. I may have to get an Elegoo printer as a late Christmas gift to my self.

Then I would treat yourself to the new Elegoo Saturn for a bigger platform or even wait a bit for the Jupiter

Then I would treat yourself to the new Elegoo Saturn for a bigger platform or even wait a bit for the Jupiter
I have a large FDM printer in the works that I'm building from scratch. I already started a base model of the Five footer. It will be fiberglass and styrene. But your parts will be the icing on the cake. I was just going to build a naked Falcon, but then I saw this thread. Don't know of I can afford a Saturn, but I can maybe swing a Mars pro. We'll see how the prices go in a few months. Thanks for doing all this work and then sharing it with us. I've built a lot of stuff in 3d so I know how hard it is to duplicate an existing part. Much easier to build something new, than to copy something. Keep on building this great Stuff and Thanks again,

Joe

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back