MIB3 Men In Black 3 (Post-release)

Kind of like vanilla ice cream for me. Not as good as the first but waaaay better than the second, and Brolin did a superb TLJ. He really nailed it.

Man that's a BARGAIN!!!

Sitting at the drive in theater right as I type this, waiting for the movie to start. They have a double feature tonight.. MIB 3 & Dark Shadows.

Not bad at $4.00 for an adult, that is only $2.00 to see each film :)

The movie was mediocre at best for me. Josh Brolin's performance was fantastic. His performance was probably the best thing about this film. A few laughable scenes here and there. Bill Hader has a great cameo. Other than that. Everything just felt meh.

I would recommend waiting for DVD. Not worth the 13.50.

Plus kinda felt disappointed not seeing Jeebs in the film.

Most weekend nights they play three in a row. The first and second then replay the first again, all for a cost if $4.00. But some weekends they do three different films all in a row. Those nights are great but you get out of there at around 3:00 am.

I miss having a Drive-Inn in Denver. :(

Still, it looks like I need to go see MIB today!

Saw this Saturday evening. It was a nice time killer, nothing spectacular - worth a watch if you're looking for a movie to see. Was fun, got kinda long towards the end.

Josh Brolin was perfect as a younger Tommy Lee Jones. ...and Will Smith simply doesn't age.

I'm kinda ticked that this flick is getting into theaters and moving The Avengers into smaller theaters - and out of the Imax.

While I certainly enjoyed the film for it's attempt to make it character driven, I was a bit disappointed by certain elements that tended to contradict the first film.

For example, the relationship between K and O I felt was a complete retcon to the first film's depiction of K longing to be with his wife again. At first I thought this relationship was a new thing after K came back to MIB, but as we see in the 1960s segments, it's been going on for much longer than that. Did the writers just forget K had a wife during this time, or did everyone involved with the film HATE the wife subplot that they're trying to erase it from the franchise entirely? I hated how they wrote in that K's wife left him in-between Men in Blacks 1 and 2, and now with Men in Black 3, it's like it never happened.

WE HATE THE WIFE PLOT! -> :behave <- Me

But overall, I thought it was a good film. The best parts for me was when the movie focused on Josh Brolin's depiction of Younger K. That was refreshing.

I loved the movie. I left the theater with the same feeling as after seeing MIB I the first time. I enjoyed the Apollo scenes, even though a bit inaccurate. Brolin was an amazing young K, and I liked the 69's MIB tech. The interactions between J and young K was fun to watch, and the ending was great.

$5.00 AMC matinee.

Last edited:
It actually wasn't as bad as I expected, way better than MIB2 for sure.

The giant neuralyzer didn't make any sense to me though. Why have that when younger K had a classic style neuralyzer on his belt?

Speaking of that dial-up neuralyzer, anyone happen to have seen anything else on that particular prop? I noticed he didn't appear to pop it open first before flashing it, so it might even be a leftover from the first MIB.

-Carson

I thought the film was pretty enjoyable, and it felt like MiB, but at the same time, the familiar feeling was almost a negative for me. Felt like a follow-the-numbers deal. It was better than MiB2 though.

Brolin was fantastic though. It was the sole reason I wanted to see it.

I'm also kinda sad that the big props didn't get more screen time. The shotgun and the 1969 SI weren't fired. Those were the two guns I wanted to see unloaded. :facepalm

Just got back from seeing this. We liked it, had a bit of everything. Maybe not as bombastic as The Avengers, but definitely enjoyable. Feels like a MIB film, and fits somewhere between 1 and 2 in terms of quality. Not as good as the first one, but better than the second.

If you're a MIB fan, I would definitely recommend seeing it.

You know I was thinking the whole time I thought K had a wife. I saw the first one and only half remember it and the second I cannot recall. It was good, and I read they had a lot of production problems which were not apparent in the finished product.

I hope it's not too early to ask about the time travel. Where did old K go with his gun or was he just waiting for Boris to come through the door? It confused me because the scene almost made it look like the gun was activated as a time travel device.

Great cameo from Will Arnett.

I hope it's not too early to ask about the time travel. Where did old K go with his gun or was he just waiting for Boris to come through the door? It confused me because the scene almost made it look like the gun was activated as a time travel device.
I think he was expecting Boris to hit him at home, so he was probably all set to pull the trigger as soon as anyone came through the door.

While I certainly enjoyed the film for it's attempt to make it character driven, I was a bit disappointed by certain elements that tended to contradict the first film.

For example, the relationship between K and O I felt was a complete retcon to the first film's depiction of K longing to be with his wife again. At first I thought this relationship was a new thing after K came back to MIB, but as we see in the 1960s segments, it's been going on for much longer than that. Did the writers just forget K had a wife during this time, or did everyone involved with the film HATE the wife subplot that they're trying to erase it from the franchise entirely? I hated how they wrote in that K's wife left him in-between Men in Blacks 1 and 2, and now with Men in Black 3, it's like it never happened.

WE HATE THE WIFE PLOT! -> :behave <- Me

But overall, I thought it was a good film. The best parts for me was when the movie focused on Josh Brolin's depiction of Younger K. That was refreshing.

Same here. It was entertaining but there were so many questionable plot elements. The forced father plot. The all-too-convenient future seeing character.

The focus on character totally saved this movie. MIIB had almost no character development.

The focus on character totally saved this movie. MIIB had almost no character development.

MIIB had what I'd like to call reverse character development. They took a character who put aside one of the coolest and most awesome job in the entire galaxy to be with the one he missed the most, and now he's back like it was just meh.

Also, can we have a story where Earth isn't in danger of being destroyed for once? I already know how that will always end up by the end.

MIIB had what I'd like to call reverse character development. They took a character who put aside one of the coolest and most awesome job in the entire galaxy to be with the one he missed the most, and now he's back like it was just meh.

Also, can we have a story where Earth isn't in danger of being destroyed for once? I already know how that will always end up by the end.

I dunno, I really thought they might not make it this time. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back