Metropolis 1/4 Maria Maschinenmensch robot

Re: Metropolis 1/4 Maria Maschinenmensch figure

You could use something called putty primer to help cover that seam. Only spray on the area around the seam, and be sure to tape off intricate detail areas as it will fill those. Then you simply sand it slowly with a very high grit sandpaper until you reach the vinyl. Sand down as much as you can on the surrounding areas without sanding all the way down at the area where the seam is. You may have to do it a few times, prime, sand, prime, sand until you get a perfect result. Any sharp edges, then you need to give those areas extra attention to keep the details sharp.

Re: Metropolis 1/4 Maria Maschinenmensch figure

Merry Christmas from Maria!

Her midriff isn't too bad at all now. She needs a little more primer... I've gone white as that was the base on my favourite spoon. I've started to appreciate just how big this model is... absolutely eats spraypaint. I might need to airbrush the gold so I don't spend a fortune on paint, although my rattle can metallic technique is a lot more practised.

Last edited:
First update this year. Moved on to the gold. This is the base coat for the metallizer. She's starting to come to life. I did some pre-shading in black by hand before I sprayed her.
IMG_2953.JPGIMG_2952.JPG

And a reminder of what the metallizer looks like over gold (the one on the right).

IMG_4426.JPG

I couldn't resist taking some mean and moody shots with a few angle poise lamps! As you can see, the transition where the join is is pretty smooth, but the super shininess does show up any imperfections.

IMG_2968.JPGIMG_2972.JPGIMG_2970.JPGIMG_2974.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back