Metrocop helmet, Half Life 2

rundown

Sr Member
hey, long time ago I made a metrocop 3d file. But I thought it was time i'd update it. I'm remaking the helmet.

still need to do some work on the face on my polyflow. the chin on the first vent isn't what it's supposed to be yet.

10390396_10204183979432634_2653961057944139474_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Metrocop helmet 3d model for printing

... How have I missed this thread for over a week? I like what you're doing there. Keep it up!

By the way, don't forget to hit up Rubber Slug's thread. He's got it crafted already, so he'll have some useful information on how he's gone about that. Also there's a lot of other information related to the Civil Protection suit there that we've already collaborated on. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on any extra information. Don't forget to do a search on a fellow named Matson23 which was also mentioned in Rubber Slug's thread as he's got a great looking helmet as well.

With that said, there's plenty of information at this time being thrown about. I'm truly surprised how many people are thinking of doing Civil Protection suits as of late. So if there's any time to do it, it is now.

I assure you, that an authentic Metrocop helmet is sought after! By the way... instantly subscribed! Keep us updated as I'd love to see your progress.

Yep, this looks great! Can't wait to see what you come up with. You've gotten all the little nuances of the mask dead-on so far.

... How have I missed this thread for over a week? I like what you're doing there. Keep it up!

By the way, don't forget to hit up Rubber Slug's thread. He's got it crafted already, so he'll have some useful information on how he's gone about that. Also there's a lot of other information related to the Civil Protection suit there that we've already collaborated on. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on any extra information. Don't forget to do a search on a fellow named Matson23 which was also mentioned in Rubber Slug's thread as he's got a great looking helmet as well.

With that said, there's plenty of information at this time being thrown about. I'm truly surprised how many people are thinking of doing Civil Protection suits as of late. So if there's any time to do it, it is now.

I assure you, that an authentic Metrocop helmet is sought after! By the way... instantly subscribed! Keep us updated as I'd love to see your progress.

Well i'm using the ingame models i ripped myself. thats the closest you really can go for reference.

Fixed the polyflow problem with the nose, also started doing the back of the helmet, still need to add a few details

Last edited:

Love what I see. There's nothing like a 100% accurate representation of a exported file. But as I look at this, I am reminded on how hard it's been for myself and others over the course of the last few years trying to actually create a Civil Protection / Metrocop helmet that's readily available in some sort of file.

I will admit that I am not 100% up to speed or savvy regarding the use of Pepakura or 3D Rendering programs. I have seen the few Pepakura renditions of the Metrocop helmet, however most of them seem to be done by hand or the artists rendition rather than an actual in-game export. Some have been astonishingly accurate by some people, but more often than not, others have been... fairly rough around the edges to say the least.

Which leads me to my next thought (which I am sure many other people may have the same sentiments) ...

I would like to ask if there's anyway that you can import that model into Pepakura for those who are not fortunate enough to own a 3D printer? You'll have to excuse me for my naivety when it comes to this, as I am not entirely certain it's possible.

But if a 100% accurate in-game export can be done and imported to a Pepakura file? ... My God that would be absolutely amazing and really bridge a major gap that our community has faced for a long time. Is this possible?

At this point in time, I am still trying to build my own helmet. However, I'd like to steer away from the improvised Russian PMG Gasmask that everyone uses (myself included). But if this in-game-accurate file can somehow make it to Pepakura... this would spread like wildfire I assure you.

Last edited:

Love what I see. There's nothing like a 100% accurate representation of a exported file. But as I look at this, I am reminded on how hard it's been for myself and others over the course of the last few years trying to actually create a Civil Protection / Metrocop helmet that's readily available in some sort of file.

I will admit that I am not 100% up to speed or savvy regarding the use of Pepakura or 3D Rendering programs. I have seen the few Pepakura renditions of the Metrocop helmet, however most of them seem to be done by hand or the artists rendition rather than an actual in-game export. Some have been astonishingly accurate by some people, but more often than not, others have been... fairly rough around the edges to say the least.

Which leads me to my next thought (which I am sure many other people may have the same sentiments) ...

I would like to ask if there's anyway that you can import that model into Pepkakura for those who are not fortunate enough to own a 3D printer? You'll have to excuse me for my naivety when it comes to this, as I am not entirely certain it's possible.

But if a 100% accurate in-game export can be done and imported to a Pepakura file? ... My God that would be absolutely amazing and really bridge a major gap that our community has faced for a long time. Is this possible?

At this point in time, I am still trying to build my own helmet. However, I'd like to steer away from the improvised Russian PMG Gasmask that everyone uses (myself included). But if this in-game-accurate file can somehow make it to Pepakura... this would spread like wildfire I assure you.

Well, i'm making a SubD model, wich basicly means it's a high poly that is modelled diffrently then a normal low poly model.
The ripped ingame files are to low poly to use, I actually have to remodel all the detail that is in the textures. It's handy to keep the ingame model as a base and just model on top of that.

You've probably seen the ingame files, even for pepakura they are to low poly, so i'll probably will convert my files when they are done into 3d printable files and pepakura files ;)

Well, i'm making a SubD model, wich basicly means it's a high poly that is modelled diffrently then a normal low poly model.
The ripped ingame files are to low poly to use, I actually have to remodel all the detail that is in the textures. It's handy to keep the ingame model as a base and just model on top of that.

You've probably seen the ingame files, even for pepakura they are to low poly, so i'll probably will convert my files when they are done into 3d printable files and pepakura files ;)

Hey, I appreciate you doing what you're doing. I'm sure there's quite a few other people that are watching but go unspoken and have as much interest as I do in regards to your work.

Also, I replied to one of your other threads about Combine Radio Chatter. Although it was posted sometime ago, let me know if you still need those sound files. I'll dig some up and throw them into a zip file. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll do what I can as I have also made a little 'Civil Protection Radio' to go on my belt which would be making Radio Chatter sounds to add to the 'CP ambiance' so to say.

Wont be necesary, but thx anyway.

I already found where they are in the game files.

Hey, I appreciate you doing what you're doing. I'm sure there's quite a few other people that are watching but go unspoken and have as much interest as I do in regards to your work.

Also, I replied to one of your other threads about Combine Radio Chatter. Although it was posted sometime ago, let me know if you still need those sound files. I'll dig some up and throw them into a zip file. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll do what I can as I have also made a little 'Civil Protection Radio' to go on my belt which would be making Radio Chatter sounds to add to the 'CP ambiance' so to say.

Are you going to be modelling the ear pieces as well? I was going to have those 3D printed due to their complexity, but I was never really happy with what I came up with. I'm sure you'd be able to do much better.

Re: Metrocop helmet wip

Well i'm not 3d printing it completely anymore. I asked a quote at multiple companies. It was just way to mutch.

So I'm just pepping the helmet I modeled.

I'm also looking to buy my own 3d printer secondhand. This weekend i'll know if its mine or not.

10352139_10204863286214879_4457878382376273581_n.jpg

Are you going to be modelling the ear pieces as well? I was going to have those 3D printed due to their complexity, but I was never really happy with what I came up with. I'm sure you'd be able to do much better.

and yes, those pieces will defenitly be printed.

Really really awesome...
I stuck up with that pepakura model you can find everywhere in internet, well it looks really like rubbish...

Have you made a pepakura file by your own? I am really worse at these things and my friend and I are trying to get a Metro Cop Cosplay till the next con. Would you mind to share your file? I would be really pleased! Cos it's f*ckin amazing!!

Really really awesome...
I stuck up with that pepakura model you can find everywhere in internet, well it looks really like rubbish...

Have you made a pepakura file by your own? I am really worse at these things and my friend and I are trying to get a Metro Cop Cosplay till the next con. Would you mind to share your file? I would be really pleased! Cos it's f*ckin amazing!!

yes I made the file myself. For 3d printing and pepakura.

here is the pepakura file: http://www.405th.com/half-life/download-761-metrocop-helmet.html

The sun was suddenly shining today, and since I moved I don't really have a workspace anymore. So I just had to act quick to glass my helmet.

1511349_852644024795822_1669391391003310665_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I had another brief moment of good weather, had to stop in th middle of my work because it started raining again.

I started fiberglassing the helmet

10959452_854118821315009_5656023873129402732_n.jpg

Have you checked this will fit a human sized head before you started to apply resin? The reason I ask, is in that YT video, it looks a bit small.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back