Metal Barrel for Blade Runner Blaster kit from Tomenosuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my second Bulldog from my current shooter build with a rifled barrel attached. I am going to blue this to match the real Steyr blued receiver I am using for this build.

The completed blaster is my first shooter, using a Coyle replica Steyr which I will keep with that silvery look to it.

NewBulldog.jpg

NOTE: I'm gonna step out of the debate and clear the field a little. Dave has made a generous offer below. Perhaps someone else will lead the charge. My plate is full, anyway.

Besides, I'd be a completely different price point.

Good luck, guys!

-Rylo

Last edited:
With or without a metal barrel, the Tomenosuke is a piece of art :)

Yep. I'm paying it off today, then it's just a short wait to see if it passes customs...

I've never seen one in person, so having it in my hands may change my mind... we'll see!

Hi guys. I am more than happy to share my drawings for the machined barrel if someone want to do a run. I've "been there, done that" and not ever planning to do it again. The only catch is that right now my computer is in the shop, I am hoping that the files on the drive are okay.

A number of you have PM'd me about the drawings. When (if) my computer is up and running I will post the file here for all to download. No need to PM a request. I will post them for free and clear use. If you want to make one for yourself only, fine, if you want to do a run and sell them, fine. I do have one request if you are going to do a run. Don't take full payments until you actually have parts in hand ready to ship.

A number of you have PM'd me about the drawings. When (if) my computer is up and running I will post the file here for all to download. No need to PM a request. I will post them for free and clear use. If you want to make one for yourself only, fine, if you want to do a run and sell them, fine. I do have one request if you are going to do a run. Don't take full payments until you actually have parts in hand ready to ship.

You're a good man, DaveG

Well, there we go: veektohr's rifling infos were right (backed by eltee, no less;)) and DaveG stepped in with this offer ^^...could we ask for better.

Well, there we go: veektohr's rifling infos were right (backed by eltee, no less;)) and DaveG stepped in with this offer ^^...could we ask for better.

Their info may be right, (although kind of a moot point if you ask me) but at this point it doesn't look as if anyone has officially taken on doing a run of metal barrels. Not exactly back to the beginning due to DaveG's generous offer, but not quite there yet, either.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Barrel blanks aren't expensive; around $80 for 25"

So is anyone willing to take this project on?

I would love to do it bt I dont have access to the equipment since I moved last year.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Barrel blanks aren't expensive; around $80 for 25"

However just cutting a length of barrel won't work completely. there needs to be a large diameter pin on the back of the barrel to slot into the hole in the plastic frame. My barrels weren't bored all the way through. For that reason my design might not be possible to rifle either. Not to say it couldn't be done another way. Another thing to remember is gun barrel stock in MUCH harder steel and can be a PITA to machine. I recommend making the barrels from 12L14 "Free Machining" Steel bar. It's soooo much easier to machine than other steels.

However just cutting a length of barrel won't work completely. there needs to be a large diameter pin on the back of the barrel to slot into the hole in the plastic frame. My barrels weren't bored all the way through. For that reason my design might not be possible to rifle either. Not to say it couldn't be done another way. Another thing to remember is gun barrel stock in MUCH harder steel and can be a PITA to machine. I recommend making the barrels from 12L14 "Free Machining" Steel bar. It's soooo much easier to machine than other steels.

Appreciate the advice. A friend of mine was also saying that the hardened steel would make the work that much more difficult for the shop to do.
(he uses a shop for his own company)

Perhaps we'll just forgo the barrel option and work w/ steel instead.

You are one skilled and lucky guy to have the means and the real parts like the Steyr to make such an iconic working replica. It seems the .222s are quite expensive these days and are much harder to find. I hope to build a live-firing Deckard blaster in the near future. I'd be in for one barrel if it's made from .44 barrel stock!?

I'd be in for one barrel if it's made from .44 barrel stock!?

As DaveG mentioned above: "However just cutting a length of barrel won't work completely. there needs to be a large diameter pin on the back of the barrel to slot into the hole in the plastic frame."

You could have one made for your live fire and fitted by a gunsmith, but any barrels made from his blueprint won't work.
Here is a photo showing how a replacement needs to fit into Tomen replica:

CRW_5149_zpsa7698130.jpg

CRW_5149_zpsa7698130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back