Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

I love just walking around Edge and seeing all the little details in what filmmaking calls Set Decoration. Here are some fascinating WWII items (looks like a modified Stg 43/MP 44)

Right but it's a replica of the A-280 Blaster.
a280-blaster-rifle_0d9d74a0.jpg

Has anyone been to the park lately? If so, what are the current shortages? Are they still out of the kyber crystals in the containers? Are they out of certain droid color of droid parts? Etc....

Kybers have to be coming back in stock. I keep seeing sets come up on ebay. I really need a yellow for my daughter when she goes to build a lightsaber, but the secondary market for those is just STUPID. I'm not paying $200 for a $14 item.

A guy on youtube that I follow who goes every week posted yesterday that all Jedi holocrons are out of stock. The only legacy lightsabers available are Ventress, Kylo and Luke ROTJ.

Has anyone been to the park lately? If so, what are the current shortages? Are they still out of the kyber crystals in the containers? Are they out of certain droid color of droid parts? Etc....
I'm in the Park every day but in GE I'm a Guest, in effect. Entrance to the lightsaber build room is by appointment. I don't know if there's a way to find out what specific components are out of stock without going in there.

About droid parts, people can wander into the droid build room so I can ask.

Entrance to the lightsaber build room is by appointment. I don't know if there's a way to find out what specific components are out of stock without going in there.

The individual crystal sales are not part of Savi’s Workshop (aka the saber building experience), they are for sale at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities. They had been selling out of the individual crystals in the container packaging and had resorted to selling unpackaged crystals they took from Savi’s Workshop but since Savi’s Workshop only uses Red, Blue, Green, and Purple, the White, Yellow, and Black (red chase) have not been available in any form for many weeks.

Cashed out on my crystals, we all know there will be thousands more of these made for the other park and this parks restock.

Just read all 21 pages here with interest.

I work in the Park (not in GE) and we old-timers have watched the planning, construction, publicity, and opening of GE with a mix of dismay and fascination.

Most of us feel that the placement of GE was a mistake. Many feel that Star Wars deserved its own Park, a Third Gate for Disneyland Resort, connected to Disneyland Park and DCA by Monorail. We have the land to do it! And only that option would have allowed room for growth.

Many others felt that it would have made more sense to bulldoze everything from Star Tours back, including Tomorrowland, the oft-closed Carousel Of Progress building, Autopia, the oft-closed submarine pond, and the boat ride that's been closed for a half-century (it's like Autopia but with little boats- remember that?) That would have given around 30% more room than cramming GE into the very edge of the Disneyland property (hence the nickname "Property's Edge").

The biggest surprise has been the lack of crowds this summer. Guests have been staying away in droves!

All the years of work and millions of dollars Disneyland spent modifying the Park to accommodate the expected hordes was for naught. (They removed trees, removed planters, removed curbs, took out shops, reduced the size of planters, etc all to create wider pathways. It made the Park less intimate, less green, and uglier.)

In any case, back to the topic of merchandise, I will note as a Cast Member that we don't receive our CM discount on the Savi lightsabres.

We do receive our discount (35%) on the other merchandise, and some CMs are doing the same thing they've always done: purchase things in the Park and put them up on Ebay. That 35% is their profit margin.

I haven't seen the costumes on sale in GE discussed much here (except for the Emperor's cloak). I know next to nothing about Star Wars costumes, but I did look at, and try on, the heavy brown wool Jedi cloak and it seemed well-made and reasonably priced. I think it was around $120 and I get my discount (I asked).

What about the various Jedi costumes on sale? Are the fabrics and construction reasonably accurate? Or are they just "play dress-up" level costumes? I looked at various YouTube reviews of the costumes but they weren't by people with any knowledge of Star Wars costuming.

You know those places where they have costumes to put on for a vintage-style photo? The GE shop with the costumes has become a non-monetized version of that! Guests dress up in the Jedi cloaks, or sometimes the full Jedi costumes, pose for a snap, and take the stuff back off.

BTW I've not yet heard what the Cast Member's nickname for Galaxy's Edge is. It certainly won't be "GE". Thing is, at Disneyland every land and attraction has a Cast Member nickname, always one word and usually monosyllabic. We have "Tours" and "Jungle" and "Splash" and "Mansion". I'm guessing it will be "Edge".

Apropos of nothing, I love just walking around Edge and seeing all the little details in what filmmaking calls Set Decoration. Here are some fascinating WWII items (looks like a modified Stg 43/MP 44)
View attachment 1039443
oh oh...front sight is flipped, hand guard is totally wrong, no SP scope, wrong V8 pistons... *tztz* ;)

Endor bunker mines (I see two of them) would be interesting to see up close

I'm surprised that it's taking so long to restock things. Disney sure wasn't very prepared.
I'm not in that part of things, but over the years I have observed that there's a considerable lead time to restock some items.

It happened not all that long ago with the Pirates Of The Caribbean souvenir mugs. The day they went on sale there were long lines to get them, limit 1 per Guest. One Guest I talked to waited in various lines all day and got 10 of them. That very first day they were selling for over $200 on Ebay- that Guest made $2,000 in one day. They ran out of the mugs in a couple days, and it took weeks to get more. When they re-ordered them they did a nice thing: they made the new mugs in a different-coloured plastic so that they could be distinguished from the originals. Otherwise it would have pulled the rug out from under the people who paid high prices for the original ones.

Other items can be reordered very quickly! On Disneyland's 40th anniversary they had t-shirts with the dates "July 17 1955-July 17 1995" that only went on sale that day. They ran out by 10am. By noon some local t-shirt place was frantically making thousands of the shirts and in the afternoon there was a crowd at The Emporium waiting for them to arrive. When the shirts did arrive the Cast Members just placed the boxes on the tables and Guests started grabbing them right out of the boxes. (I was one of them!)

I've been told that the lead time for some items is nearly a year. It's why for some items there are two versions with two different 40th Anniversary logos, while for other items there's only one version, with the first logo. But that's another story!

I stopped by Den of Antiquity a couple hours ago and they only had blue and red crystals on that wall where all the crystals are displayed.

They had a box with all the colours in it, but it was for display only, the woman told me.

It being early (10am) I was surprised how many people were already walking around with their sabres.

I talked to a super-nice family, mom dad three kids all with sabres. They said they walked up to Savi's, said they didn't have an appointment, and the woman said no problem, you can come right in! Turns out a party of 5 had failed to appear and the next show was starting. Another Cast Member told me that that rarely happens.

I don't care for the leather-wrapped sabres with the big creature fang on the bottom, but Guests seem to love them.

On another note, I asked at the Cast Member shop about the MHP. The tickets are on sale, and the CM working in the shop said the MHPs will be held in DCA. I was hoping that they would reverse that decision.

I don't care for the leather-wrapped sabres with the big creature fang on the bottom, but Guests seem to love them.

That's the Elemental Nature one. That happens to be my favorite and I do happen to like those parts too but I can appreciate that it is not everyones cup of tea. Of course you don't need to use those parts for that version. The other parts have things like faux inlay wood and faux bone. One thing I like about the faux wood parts is that it reminds my of Gungi the Wookiee Jedi Padawan's lightsaber.

However, the more and more I see the Protection and Defense (the ancient jedi version), the more I think it might be changing my mind.

I stopped by Den of Antiquity a couple hours ago and they only had blue and red crystals on that wall where all the crystals are displayed.

They had a box with all the colours in it, but it was for display only, the woman told me.

It being early (10am) I was surprised how many people were already walking around with their sabres.

I talked to a super-nice family, mom dad three kids all with sabres. They said they walked up to Savi's, said they didn't have an appointment, and the woman said no problem, you can come right in! Turns out a party of 5 had failed to appear and the next show was starting. Another Cast Member told me that that rarely happens.

On another note, I asked at the Cast Member shop about the MHP. The tickets are on sale, and the CM working in the shop said the MHPs will be held in DCA. I was hoping that they would reverse that decision.
Thanks again for the insight. Things sure are being snapped up. Are the crowds still low from your prospective or are they increasing?

I actually like all the sabre styles because they are so distinct. I could build a sabre for each style and be happy as there is just enough choice in parts. I personally like the peace and justice...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back