Men in Black International Props (MIB 4)

I'm really not happy with this film, it looks terrible and I'm afraid it might ruin the MIB franchise which is one of my favorite franchises of all time. Everything from the weapons, the new Neuralyzer, the sunglasses; all look terrible in my opinion.

The first was definitely the best but 2 and 3 were good, they didn't live up to the first but they at least stayed true to it and expanded upon it with each film. This movie doesn't have Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones nor does it have Barry Sonnenfeld directing either. That's like making a Mission: Impossible movie without Tom Cruise. Everything in the trailer looked horrible and generic, the weapons and Neuralyzer looked atrocious and very badly designed and don't even get me started on the song they used in the trailer, and I have a feeling the plot is going to be very bad as well. Yeah I get that it's just a trailer but usually my predictions with these things turn out to be right. I get that they may want to move forward with new characters and expand the franchise but they won't be able to do it without the original team at least being there to do it. There was literally no reason to make this film whatsoever nobody wanted it, and judging by the comments on the trailer a lot of people feel the same way I do. I hope the movie turns out good but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far it looks like a parody and bad fan film to me.

Last edited:
The design of the weapons just seems confusing and all over the place and not as streamlined or consistent as the guns from the previous films. Other than the Noisy Crickets which actually look pretty good. The Neuralyzer looks way too industrial and looks like it was made from the same handle they used to make the original lightsaber. Idk why the couldn't just use the same guns and Neuralyzer from MIB 3.

Last edited:
The design of the weapons just seems confusing and all over the place and not as streamlined or consistent as the guns from the previous films. Other than the Noisy Crickets which actually look pretty good. The Neuralyzer looks way too industrial and looks like it was made from the same handle they used to make the original lightsaber. Idk why the couldn't just use the same guns and Neuralyzer from MIB 3.

I completely agree. The original weapons were great. Introduce new ones, sure, but don't eliminate the originals.

Back to the original topic - assuming they are not custom pieces just for the movie, these actually look like Police Westwing 4 sunglasses. They have a gloss black frame, vs the mat finish of the Storm Light 1. They are no longer in production but are still available from some online retailers. I just bought a pair myself!

https://www.policelifestyle.com/en/westwing-4.html

The watch shots I've seen on him so far show a watch significantly larger, but with the shape of the classic Ventura (unlike the XL in MIB3). The best approximation I can make so far is that he is wearing the Ventura Automatic on a black strap instead of the brown.
Was the XL even used in MIB3? I know young K has the classic with the silver band, O has the classic Ventura, and J wears the Chrono. Present K, I'm not sure.
Not sure yet really. I could put it up on shapeways if anyone is interested?
I'll be interested.

Heyo! Just chiming in that my hubby is working on modeling 3D printable watch faces. He's nearly done with that. We're also going to print the glass, smooth it out, then use it as a mold for a vacform "glass" We're also working on the neuralizer, but haven't gotten as far -- trying tofigure out the opening mechanism. He and a friend hope to debut their H and M at a con end of next month, so hopefully have more updates by then. :)

Also, he's ordering his suit off iTailor.

It looks like the glasses are not Stormlights, but a brand new model, and there will be a MIB edition being released.
Police is official eyewear of new Men in Black film - Optician
JPG_occhiali%20bianco0319.jpg

Is there really such a need to change so many of the weaponry aesthetics ? I get moving forward with things but they look nothing like the originals. The sequels were subpar and the franchise could certainly use a fresh start.

Well as gboy6 mentioned, it is indeed a completely new model that was best kept secret. This explains why neither the Westwing nor Stormlight were matching up 100% to the ones in the trailer. These definitely match up.

The MIB International edition sunglasses are on sale at 25% off right now with code MIB25, along with the rest of the Police sunglasses. They also have a pretty cool MIB International dogtag for sale.

Attachments

• MIB International Edition Sunglasses.png
    MIB International Edition Sunglasses.png
    430.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Police MIB International Dog tags Pendant.png
    Police MIB International Dog tags Pendant.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Police Sunglasses_1.png
    Police Sunglasses_1.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Police Sunglasses_Lifting up.png
    Police Sunglasses_Lifting up.png
    863.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back