Melted Vader Sculpt (Rise of Skywalker Version)

So just out of curiousity I also checked out the Visual Dictionary for The Force Awakens. It just has a small picture of Vaders helmet, but zoom in and what do I see? Looks like that little spring in the left cheek has been there from the start!
IMG_2041.PNG
IMG_2042.PNG

Not bad, you're right! Interesting what you can find in the digital version. I checked my print version, there is nothing to see. Even the propshop version doesn't have this detail.

Edit:
I tried to find the originally helmet used in the film. This must be the original screen used TfA Vader https://www.artstation.com/artwork/...&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I have not yet been able to find an original TROS.

Last edited:
So just out of curiousity I also checked out the Visual Dictionary for The Force Awakens. It just has a small picture of Vaders helmet, but zoom in and what do I see? Looks like that little spring in the left cheek has been there from the start!View attachment 1281262View attachment 1281263

Really great find BlandoCalrssian!!

Seems this final version of the helmet will be the most detailed one yet :)

Not bad, you're right! Interesting what you can find in the digital version. I checked my print version, there is nothing to see. Even the propshop version doesn't have this detail.

Edit:
I tried to find the originally helmet used in the film. This must be the original screen used TfA Vader https://www.artstation.com/artwork/...&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I have not yet been able to find an original TROS.

Great find too! There’s also a small cable that is coming out on the left side of the helmet. Can’t post a pic here, but it is more visible in the screen used one in the link from artstation.

Hi everyone, hope everyone is staying safe through all of this madness that going on in the world.

Just to touch base (pardon the pun)
I’ve had a few messages recently regarding the bases/stands I posted previously. I am still planning on doing a run of both stands. However due to the lockdown I’m currently a little stuck as my tools aren’t kept with me at home and getting hold of materials is another issue all together.

What I may do in the coming days is try to move my tools home with me so as soon as I can get some materials I can crack on.

Hope this is ok for everyone and sorry for any delays.

I will drop a message to everyone who has messaged privately and put a message up here as well, as soon as I have any more news as to the availability and lead times.

Thanks again everyone, stay safe.
Tony

Hi everyone, hope everyone is staying safe through all of this madness that going on in the world.

Just to touch base (pardon the pun)
I’ve had a few messages recently regarding the bases/stands I posted previously. I am still planning on doing a run of both stands. However due to the lockdown I’m currently a little stuck as my tools aren’t kept with me at home and getting hold of materials is another issue all together.

What I may do in the coming days is try to move my tools home with me so as soon as I can get some materials I can crack on.

Hope this is ok for everyone and sorry for any delays.

I will drop a message to everyone who has messaged privately and put a message up here as well, as soon as I have any more news as to the availability and lead times.

Thanks again everyone, stay safe.
Tony
Hey Tony thanks for the update, hope you’re doing well and you get your tools back soon,

just saw these pedestals which would cool under one of your stands, I think someone said the helmet footprint is about 15.25 inches x 11 inches (don’t quote me). They do them with a footprint of 15 x 15 and 18 x 18 but do custom too. What kind of dimensions or footprint are you working towards?

I’m trying to figure out how to Incorporate some colour LEDs which I can change into the display too

Hey Tony thanks for the update, hope you’re doing well and you get your tools back soon,

just saw these pedestals which would cool under one of your stands, I think someone said the helmet footprint is about 15.25 inches x 11 inches (don’t quote me). They do them with a footprint of 15 x 15 and 18 x 18 but do custom too. What kind of dimensions or footprint are you working towards?

I’m trying to figure out how to Incorporate some colour LEDs which I can change into the display too

Yeah I’m doing fine thank you for asking and yeah fingers crossed with the tools. Feel like a naughty school kid trying to sneak over to get them haha.

The prop shop style is roughly just over 20” from front to back. The Hot Toys version is about 18” however may end up being larger as I was considering doing an additional angle on the outside to better match the ash pit in the film. Hope that helps.

As for LEDs, I’m not quite sure how to incorporate them to be honest. I’ll have a think and if it’s something I can add as an option I’ll let everyone know.

Any ideas how to make fake ash that won't stain the helmet and spread all over the house? Displaying the helmet in the ash pit would probably look really cool. Tony's stand #2 would be perfect for this.

Back