Megathread: City, Region, and World Maps from Fiction

DracoAdamantus

Some time ago there was a shop I followed on Esty that sold digital files of all kinds of maps from fiction, primarily fantasy. There were world maps of places like Thra, Oz, Westeros, Hyrule, Middle Earth, Arrakis, Ravka, etc. Regional maps of places like the Shire, Gondor, the Swordcoast, and city maps of Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Moria, pretty much every city from Wheel of Time, and many more.

I meant to get them all at one point to print up and use for my wall of fictional maps, but one day they all disappeared, and the shop was gone. I assume it was taken down because they were stealing someone else's work outright instead of using it to make a product (there is another store just as old as the first one called LandOfScrolls that sells physical scrolls, and I recognize some of the exact same designs there).

Point being, I looked through RPF and didn't find any sort of compilations of fictional maps, so I'd like to propose we start one here! If you have any drawings, scans, or digital files of maps from fiction, whether they appeared on-screen, aren't screen accurate but made to look in-universe, or are out of universe but depict the area of fiction, post them here for all others like myself to build their fictional maps collections.

Obviously don't go reselling the files of anything posted here. And please give the original source or creator of the map, if you have it. Also include the printing dimensions if known.

If there is anything wrong with this post someone please let me know, this is my first attempt to start a collaborative effort like this. And also let me know if this is better suited for the main Replica Props page, and I'll delete this one and post it there instead.

I'll start it off with some of my favorite and apparently relatively obscure maps I have, which came included with a number of figures in the Masters of the Universe Classics toy line. I found these maps as scans in a catalog of the toy line actually, so I cleaned them up in PS to remove the creases and rips as best I could. All are 12x18 size.

We've got Eternia,
Eternia_clean (12x18).png

Etheria,
Etheria_clean (12x18).png

Subternia,
Subternia_clean (12x18).png

Preternia,
Preternia_Clean (12x18).png

And of course, Castle Grayskull
Castle Grayskull_clean (12x18).png

I'll pull some more from my files later, and I look forward to what all else everyone has to share!

Last edited:
Excellent idea! Here's some I have collected over the years. Note, none of these artworks are mine.

Barsoom
barsoom72.jpg

Earthsea
Earthsea_large.jpg

Midkemia
Midkemia_Map_2.jpg

Nemo's Mysterious Island
Mysterious Island.jpg

Shannara
Ht6EDOu.png

The Princess Bride
Princess Bride.jpg

Nockmaar (Willow)
WillowMap.jpg

Lovecraft's Dreamlands
Dreamlands-map.png

Dune (Fairly certain this one was from an RPF post in the first place)
Dune Map Vintage.jpg

And last but not least a high rez version of An Ancient Mappe of Fairyland (1918)
An Ancient Mappe of Fairyland (1918).jpg

Actually, I sketched by hand the Nockmar map posted by BrotherWilliam in this thread a few years ago and I've updated it to accommodate for the geography in the TV series (now it includes the whole west island so you can follow the paths of the characters both in the movie and the series in a logical way).
I've sketched a lot more of these, usually by compiling references from movies/books and integrating them with any visual information available online. For example, I'm attaching my own maps of Labyrinth, Mos Eisley and Lovecraft's Arkham (this last one is compatible with Arkham Horror board game)WillowMapFull_Small.jpgLabyrinth_medSize.jpegmoseisley_small.jpgMapArkhamSmall.jpg

Seconding the love for the Labyrinth map! The level of detail here is amazing. How big was the paper you were drawing on? Or are you just very good at drawing fine detail?

Seconding the love for the Labyrinth map! The level of detail here is amazing. How big was the paper you were drawing on? Or are you just very good at drawing fine detail?
Thanks! The original is an A3. It took me a couple of afternoons to piece everything together, I don't usually go into such detail, but I wanted every scene of the movie in the map, so ...

Actually, I sketched by hand the Nockmar map posted by BrotherWilliam in this thread a few years ago and I've updated it to accommodate for the geography in the TV series (now it includes the whole west island so you can follow the paths of the characters both in the movie and the series in a logical way).
I've sketched a lot more of these, usually by compiling references from movies/books and integrating them with any visual information available online. For example, I'm attaching my own maps of Labyrinth, Mos Eisley and Lovecraft's Arkham (this last one is compatible with Arkham Horror board game)View attachment 1722629View attachment 1722630View attachment 1722631View attachment 1722632
This is really amazing work!
I also love the Labyrinth map.
Would you be willing to share a higher rez version of it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back