MCU Iron Man color question

sbaxter

Sr Member
I've got various MCU Iron Man and Hulkbuster action figures that I want to repaint for my kids and myself. So is there a consensus on the red parts of his armor -- are they best replicated with a transparent red over a silver base or a gold base? I've seen both; my gut tells me a silver base is more accurate, but I'm not certain.

Thanks!

SSB

Clear red over gold is the way to go. Red over silver makes it look metallic but over gold is the best. Pale burnt metal gold offers what I would consider the closest match.

Clear red over gold is the way to go. Red over silver makes it look metallic but over gold is the best. Pale burnt metal gold offers what I would consider the closest match.
Okay ... the one I'm working on is a pretty low-end figure, so I picked up the palest gold I could find over the weekend. I primed the figure with Mr. Surfacer 1000 from a spray can, after sanding all the seams (except those on the arms, which are a different material that I cannot sand well) and then filled the screw openings with Apoxie Sculpt. Maybe I can get the gold on it by next weekend.

Thanks!

SSB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back