MCU HULK - Mask and Possibly Full Costume

KJC

I have started working on a Hulk commission. The client has commissioned the mask with the agreement that if he is happy with the mask, he will proceed with the full suit build.

I am going for as realistic as possible. I will be using realistic hair for both the top of the head and eyebrows, as well as using realistic acrylic teeth inside the mouth.

If the full suit build proceeds, the entire suit will be sculpted, molded, and cast in rubber and foam. I have yet to see a Hulk costume built like this.

front1.JPGside1.JPGquarterprofile1.JPGpartialtop1.JPGpartialbottom1.JPG

Wow! That's incredibly well detailed, great job so far! Hope the customer is satisfied

Thanks. I hope so as well. I have given a price quote on a Hulk suit about half a dozen times, but no one has been ready to spend what it has to cost to make this quality of a suit. The materials cost alone could be $1,000 plus. I even gave a reduced price on doing the mask as an incentive to push it forward. I really hope I get to do the full suit.

Assuming you do a full suit, what height size were you targeting? I've been trying to figure out how to make my 6' self into a 9' hulk without 3' of shins.

Assuming you do a full suit, what height size were you targeting? I've been trying to figure out how to make my 6' self into a 9' hulk without 3' of shins.
You could try building up the top as well as the bottom. Basically having your real head be inside the neck with a fake head on top.

The client just said at least 6 1/2 feet. I will probably try for 7 ft. I haven't asked if he planned on any type of stilts. I actually don't know his normal height either.

I hope so as well cause if that's just how the mask looks the actual suit will be amazing

Thanks a lot.

You could try building up the top as well as the bottom. Basically having your real head be inside the neck with a fake head on top.

Yea if I was going for larger, I'd build up the shoulders and have the head sit farther up and maybe see out of the mouth. Then have the feet somewhere near the calves and extend the legs. I'd also thought of extending the arms and use a mechanism to actuate the fingers similar to how I've seen a 40k Space Marine power fist made.

I am only going for larger human scale. This is the basis I am working from, but I will make the muscles even bigger.

hulkcostumeconcept002b.jpg

Thanks to the "Photoshop Me!" facebook group, here is a preview of the potential finished mask. This is a picture of my unfinished sculpt with the hair, eyes, teeth, and color added, and included on body.
photoshopped sculpt on body.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back