MCL34N's ASM2 WIP (video update 9-9)

Re: MCL34N's ASM2 WIP (Small update 8-18)

Well said Luna, TOO GOOD! thanks for posting the pics, this is awesome! well done MCL34N. I want one really bad haha!

Literally the only thing I'd change is make the webs darker. Everything else looks perfect.
o.0

its brilliant, right down to the crazy zipper mechanics! looks like the real deal for sure and its a prototype. again, Awesome!

Damn it! I so wish it was me getting a suit signed by Stan Lee. Ah well, good job, MCL34N! And only a prototype...wow.

Anyone know what he used for the front and back spiders? Looks too thin to be urethane

Anyone know what he used for the front and back spiders? Looks too thin to be urethane
He's answered elsewhere that it's just silicone like the ASM spiders. He didn't want go through making a mold for the test suit until he was happy with the size and placement.

I have so much respect for this man. This is just his trial "proof of concept" run and he absolutely hit it out of the park. Nailed it.
I've been working on an ASM2 for months and I almost feel like abandoning it and just starting over when I can get ahold of his pattern and accoutrements instead. Wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey everyone! Glad to see the pics made it up here despite my lack of computer access, thanks to Luna for that. Glad everyone likes the progress so far! Here is a video from the convention so you can get a better look-

McLean's Amazing Spidey at Salt Lake City Comic-Con 2013

Also to answer your question the spiders are made of silicone like my ASM suits.

EDIT haha Zach you beat me to it! Also how do you embed a YouTube video like that?

Last edited:

Hey everyone! Glad to see the pics made it up here despite my lack of computer access, thanks to Luna for that.
EDIT haha Zach you beat me to it! Also how do you embed a YouTube video like that?

Haha, you're welcome, brother. :)
I just hit the little video reel symbol in the compose box (second from the right) and plopped in the video url. By hand it would look like this, but with no spaces.

[video=youtube; XFeOSk4PEOE ] h t t p : //www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFeOSk4PEOE&feature=share [ /video]

......wow! Looks like Graham T has a whole new suit to try and steal lol. Well done man, I can't believe this is a prototype, sign me up! And Zach, don't even THINK about scrapping your suit, it's much to pretty for that talk!!!!

......wow! Looks like Graham T has a whole new suit to try and steal lol.

Too soon, man...too soon. :lol

Seriously, MCL34N, fantastic work as always. You're really nailing the little details that sell this thing, even in your prototype. And I'm glad to see our guess about zipper placement is actually workable. How does the process of suiting up compare to the old "back flap" zipper arrangement?

-Nick

I got to try on his ASM2 shell last night and I gotta say it's pretty comfy! But then again it should be considering it was made from my headsculpt ;)

The eyes are also super nice and polished. I'm sure once he shows his final product people will be blown away as always.

...And Zach, don't even THINK about scrapping your suit, it's much to pretty for that talk!!!!
Haha, thanks man, it's just that with the amount of work I've put in and lessons I've learned, it's become more apparent how much better it could be if I began with some more accurate base materials, like the eventual pattern and shell+frames MCL34N is putting together.
I understand how, for example, CWillis13 felt when he'd already made a wonderful rendition of the ASM1 suit and decided he'd do the whole project over again starting with a MCL34N print. We were right to praise him for his original effort, but he was also right that he could make something even more amazing if he took another crack at it.
He went from this to THIS.
It doesn't diminish the awesomeness of his first suit to admit the mega awesomeness of his second suit.
Anyway. I'll still finish my version of this ASM2 suit, it's just hard (like with all MCL34N projects) to look at these results and not think, "Oh, man I'd much rather have THAT!" :lol

Too soon, man...too soon. :lol

Seriously, MCL34N, fantastic work as always. You're really nailing the little details that sell this thing, even in your prototype. And I'm glad to see our guess about zipper placement is actually workable. How does the process of suiting up compare to the old "back flap" zipper arrangement?

-Nick

Thanks Nick, the zipper arrangement is actually way awesome. The suit is in two parts that connect through that zipper that runs along the waist. That small zipper going up the small of the back is only there because you wouldn't be able to get your shoulders and head through the bottom of the shirt since the zipper has no stretch. It's really convenient being able to put it on in two pieces rather than the fun spidey contortion dance we all have to do to get into these things. I didn't put the crotch zippers on this one because honestly if you have the waist zipper they are totally useless. It's really easy to just unzip the waist and go to the bathroom.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back