McDonalds costumes?

Just found this thread.

I am actually in the process of making (for my own amusement) some McD character heads. The characters have been a love of mine since I was a child and the fact that they are Sid & Marty Krofft creations (my heroes) makes them all the more special.

I don't see the harm in producing props for a school project and as long as you are not making them to sell it SHOULD be ok (morally). I don't know much about the law regarding these matters, but I would imagine if you didn't go shouting and advertising what you are doing you might not need to worry so much.

BTW, I have come across suppossed costume pieces for the characters on eBay from time to time. You might want to check. There's a Hamburglar mask up there right now.

I'd love to see the results if you finish this project!

That is an awesome tale, Dustin! I love the passion you put into the Mayor costume. Lucky break on finding the head.

While we are on the topic, does anyone know where I might be able to find reference material for the costumes worn in the commercials, or ones that made appearances in public? They are hard to come by and all I have are a few pics and a rare tumbler drinking glass with a group portrait of everyone in their costumes. It's faded and behind plastic, so it's not great reference.

I would be highly appreciative of any points in the right direction.

I just picked up the Hamburglar head I referenced above. Here's a pic:

aaac_1.jpg

ab2f_1.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back