Maze Runner Death Cure - WCKD uniform (help)

very cool job on those leds!

also lol, with my own time, i destroyed a gummy-rubberish type animal that had a plastic ball and an LED inside, basically some batteries are connected to the board and whenever the spring shakes, it touches a metal plate and gives power to the LEDs, i found a way to wrap the spring around the red LED so it is constantly on

lol so i can just get some foam, paint it black, superglue it to my mask and it'll be somewhat done
I did somewhat the same but differently: for the LED lights on the chest plate, I already had some color changing LED strips so all I did was cut 1 LED out and solder it to a new electrical route and just hid it under a pocket in the chestplate. Now I can interchange it between red and blue and green and purple and so on. ultimately just red and blue is all I need like the film...

I have made an accurate detailed and high definition image of the WCKD Logo or Patch the Soldiers wear on Maze Runner: Death Cure .
I’m going to have this image ordered as a patch from this cool and easy website that provide custom Embroidery services. Here’s their link if interested:

here is the Patch design:

Attachments

• 9AD510C7-F5EE-4271-9DE2-6AFD50DB6A27.jpeg
    9AD510C7-F5EE-4271-9DE2-6AFD50DB6A27.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 537
I have made an accurate detailed and high definition image of the WCKD Logo or Patch the Soldiers wear on Maze Runner: Death Cure .
I’m going to have this image ordered as a patch from this cool and easy website that provide custom Embroidery services. Here’s their link if interested:

here is the Patch design:
That’s cool man.

I remember looking at getting screen accurate patches made out of PVC which is what they used in the 3rd film. I never ended up doing it though because I had to order like 50 of them and they were pretty expensive lol

i actually already found some 4x4 WCKD patches if you guys want the link, and the security pass, there's 4 ID cards, the Last City Soldier, Medical Division, Research Division and Facility Soldier.

i believe they were using the last city soldier ID

The Maze Runner - WCKD Security Passes / Clip-on Cosplay ID Card Badges | eBay

That’s cool man.

I remember looking at getting screen accurate patches made out of PVC which is what they used in the 3rd film. I never ended up doing it though because I had to order like 50 of them and they were pretty expensive lol
I did some reading back since my Costume is almost ready and can’t wait to post finale pics of the real Final look but like I was saying: I did some reading back and I stumbled upon some light confusion. Basically you’re saying you’re done with your costume? Or you‘re waiting for your mask? I’m curious to find out how someon’s costume is looking so far. Definitely feels like some last City WCKD Vibes with everyone attempting to go for this topic. Almost seems like we got a WCKD Garrison going in this thread lol! ...

it'd be epic if we had a whole squad of WCKD soldiers over at orlando megacon at the 3 day halloween event hmu on discord if you need some help on the costume
Since Quarantine I still active I can’t be so sure on any events however, I think we should be in assurance of how many people have completed this particular Costume. Then I guess we can move forward with planning is such possibility took action. All I can say now is that’s the future, nothing is set in stone...

Since Quarantine I still active I can’t be so sure on any events however, I think we should be in assurance of how many people have completed this particular Costume. Then I guess we can move forward with planning is such possibility took action. All I can say now is that’s the future, nothing is set in stone...
i know for sure that i have completed it lol, it'd be nice to see other people in their WCKD cosplays to see what they've done with it but I don't think other people have completed it, possibly the person that started this whole thread, i believe he said he was buying the clothing being linked here

if you guys need help with the cosplay just hit me up

hopefully this entire quarantine thing ends so we can have an epic platoon of WCKD soldiers

Ayy wassup yall. I just made an account but I've been watching. I'm attempting to recreate newt's WCKD soldier outfit from The Death Cure. I've seen a lot of great info but i'm not sure where to find his red tucked in shirt. I'm working on the mask rn (finding CAD files). We should make a discord lol. Any suggestions for Newts outfit?

Attachments

• Newt3.jpg
    Newt3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,437
  • Newtoutfit.gif
    Newtoutfit.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 251
  • Newt2.jpg
    Newt2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 437
  • Newt1.jpg
    Newt1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,393
Hi, all!

Name's Ashley, I'm fresh onto the website, very long time lurker on this thread. After I saw the movie, I wanted one of the WCKD uniforms. Of course, I kinda just figured I'd never have it, just because I figured I'd have to have someone else make it, which costed money that I didn't have. However, after a lot of time and research, I've got more of an idea as to how cosplay works. I haven't done anything yet besides some basic foam weapons, but I'm definitely getting more into it. My primary reason for creating an account is the ideas of creating a squad to show up at conventions with, which would be tons of fun.

That does, however, bring me into my main point. I'm putting together an airsoft team, and we want the 'faceless, anonymous, stormtrooper-y' look. While we were originally going to do a veil, I got brought back to this mask. It's not gonna be a whole WCKD soldier team, unfortunately, but the mask is my main point. I have some limited experience with CAD software, electrical engineering, and basic stuff to create a pretty techy mask. So, my concept, if I can make it work, is to have the mesh be a solid plate, then basically turn the thing into a set of very basic FPV goggles with nano displays on the inside, and a small camera built into the faceplate. The 3D model files above have literally saved me a ton of work. Originally the idea was to just keep it within the team, but I feel like you guys would get some spectacular use out of it.

Honestly just wondering if people would be interested in the product if I could get it to work, so that I can keep y'all posted on updates as I work on it, so that I could send out a collection of my model, just to help people out.

Just as a quick note, first ever forum post on any forum, so please be kind!

As a side note, for those looking for the knife, just about any tanto-style combat knives will work perfectly. It may not be the exact same knife, but it could've been a custom set piece. I just watched Death Cure again (With many tears), and the hilt almost makes it look like a kitchen knife, so I'm not really sure, though I do know the blade style.

Last edited:
that's very epic GirlOnFyre13 !

i do have somebody who wants to come to a convention with me and make a squadron of WCKD soldiers (party of 3) in orlando megacon 2020 halloween event, hopefully the tickets are still available

for the airsoft team, i most likely cannot attend because my state has airsoft fields about 3 hours or more away from me

also if you want help for the cosplay, just hit me up on discord! DM me with your discord tag and I'll make a group chat, the coats are listed above though. and i'd be interested to see what you can do with the 3d files!

Ayy wassup yall. I just made an account but I've been watching. I'm attempting to recreate newt's WCKD soldier outfit from The Death Cure. I've seen a lot of great info but i'm not sure where to find his red tucked in shirt. I'm working on the mask rn (finding CAD files). We should make a discord lol. Any suggestions for Newts outfit?

hit me up on discord, DM me your gamer tag. also the jacket was listed in the forums but it was a very expensive 150+ dollars or something. i recommend, although i haven't tried this, getting a basic red jacket and attaching reflective tape and velcro patches.

the 3d files are available for purchase on cgtrader.com as linked above in the forums

Hey all, me again.

Came up with a fun idea for conventions. So we have our little Forum squad of WCKD Soldiers, right? Well, what if we all recruited some friends to wear dirtied up clothes as Maze kids, then have them sprint into the convention all panicked and things, and we just move in tactically, spend the day chasing them around the con floor?

Lemme know your thoughts!

So how much do you reckon it would cost to print the mask using the 3D files on CGTrader?
It really just depends on the Material you choose. It all comes down to what your choice is and the difference in variations. Obviously though, they will have varying Price ranges. If I were you, I would first try to Find and contact a 3D Printing business near you to find out what the specifications are Before buying the 3D Plans. Be advised, not all 3D Plans come the same.. Technically speaking, there are many different forms of 3Dimensional Softwares: OBJ, STL, Etc.. by contacting the business, you can ask wether they have the specific software reading printers for your Plans and therefor you could also ask for material/ durabilit/ malleability , etc.. I doubt anyone would bother to make the helmet out of full metals lol... that’s beyond Cosplay in a way.. last time I checked in, they told me they could make my mask as hard as a Football Helmet! Hope my Information helps...

Hey guys,

my apologies for the radio silence. Unfortunately I’ve had some set backs... in this case set backs meaning the Etsy seller I commissioned to make the mask has apparently gone bankrupt, been banned from the site, and never actually mailed me the finished commission. Leaving me about 500$ in the hole lol.

I was only ever sent the prototype which I will be listing on eBay tomorrow if anyone is interested in it.

Hey guys,

my apologies for the radio silence. Unfortunately I’ve had some set backs... in this case set backs meaning the Etsy seller I commissioned to make the mask has apparently gone bankrupt, been banned from the site, and never actually mailed me the finished commission. Leaving me about 500$ in the hole lol.

I was only ever sent the prototype which I will be listing on eBay tomorrow if anyone is interested in it.

oh god! I hope that didn't hurt you too much, that really sucks. yikes

in some fan art depictions of the helmet the soldiers appear to have headsets on. In the movies the shemagh blocks any view of the sides. Although there does appear to be a piece of plastic that sticks out right about where the ear is. Also when Newt and Thomas take off their masks their doesn’t appear to be any headset but they were using stolen uniforms.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back