Mass Effect Cerberus Trooper foam armor *WIP* Now with PAINT!

And then there was primer...

It needs one more coat and then I can sand it down and hit it with spot putty to fill in any other low areas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391055973.812383.jpg

OH MAN!, that looks great buddy, havent been checking updates here since therpf splitted up all the sections, ive been missing out.

looks awesome man!

Now with 200% more scratch built boots!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392597864.278712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392597873.261323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392597888.161011.jpg

Made sure to make them so I have maximum mobility and (fingers crossed) no self-disassemblage while walking around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392597962.761059.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392597972.377592.jpg

This is sick man! Great work

Thank you sir!

OH MAN!, that looks great buddy, havent been checking updates here since therpf splitted up all the sections, ive been missing out.

looks awesome man!

I was wondering where you were at... :p
Honestly, I had kinda put this on the back burner for a while...Now I want it off my bench so I can start my next project. Thanks for the continuing support dude!

How are you attaching the foam to the boots? Glue, velcro, bolts? Whatever you use, I hope it sticks good. Looks like you should get a very reasonable range of motion out of them.

E6000 adhesive on the edges of the foam where it was going to make contact with the boot, and medium thick CA glue to bind the two surfaces together.
Once it dried I sealed all the edges with silicone caulk to keep water or liquids from undermining the bond.

Seems to be strong enough that that the foam will tear before the glue breaks away.

As for my range of motion, I tried to put the whole suit together so it will move as much as I can. Time will tell if I got it right or not.

The boots look Great!
Did you use biker boot as a base?
Definitely am inspiring me to get off my butt and jump back into my cerby centurion kit.
I'll have to hit you up on some tip and technique when I get to the leg work. Keep up the good work!

Been a while since I updated this but I'm still on it!

So so close now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397277317.445959.jpg

And the original inspiration

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397277386.582725.jpg

I'll be debuting the whole suit at WonderCon next weekend.

from the start in the (lovely) smelly shoe workplace to the end result at wondercon.

what a journey its been :D

I need to get the wifey to snap a photo of me fully suited up in front of that cabinet...Circle of life and what not. :)

It looks great! I cannot wait to see pictures for next weekend's pictures to show up!

Me too! I'm waaaaaaaaay to critical of my work and it'll be awesome to get feedback from others that aren't also in my head. :wacko

wish i could come visit @ wondercon bro, theres just this little ocean that lies between :p

suit looks really sweet
have fun over there man!

Great suit! I've lost count of how many of those guys have stepped on my head in multiplayer, but it's a reminder of good times nonetheless.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back