Mass Effect Cerberus Trooper foam armor *WIP* Now with PAINT!

Re: Cerberus Trooper foam armor build by a first timer...WIP

Aaaugh, bummer to lose that piece, but on the plus side "1.1" is looking mighty fine! Looking forward to more progress on this. c:

Started adding details with a hot knife and a few screw in attachments.

9740849927_e277584e92.jpg 9740849809_af6e827032.jpg 9740849659_c6e27293b5.jpg

Contact adhesive! I swear by the stuff for foam - it bonds quickly, dries flexible and the finished bond is actually stronger than the foam itself.
Stinks to high heck and is kinda... brown, but definitely worth it.

Nice build though, Cerberus has some pretty kick-arse armours in ME3. I'm partial to the heavy mechs!

looking good bro, im familiar with dem rage issues ;)

pic 3 in suit up post: menacing look :p

ANNNNNNNND Now we have belt parts!

9753443063_fb978a52b2.jpg

Just need to finish them off and add a couple of 2" buckles and a long piece of 2" nylon webbing. Where's that Brown Santa at???

Aaaugh, bummer to lose that piece, but on the plus side "1.1" is looking mighty fine! Looking forward to more progress on this. c:

Thanks! I'm really liking how its turning out this time around.

Contact adhesive! I swear by the stuff for foam - it bonds quickly, dries flexible and the finished bond is actually stronger than the foam itself.
Stinks to high heck and is kinda... brown, but definitely worth it.

Nice build though, Cerberus has some pretty kick-arse armours in ME3. I'm partial to the heavy mechs!

An Atlas would be soooooooooooo awesome to build.

I tried the contact cement method and didn't like the smell. I'm building in a relatively small space in my apartment. Just isn't something I want to continuously be breathing. Especially with my guess and test method of building this...

looking good bro, im familiar with dem rage issues ;)

pic 3 in suit up post: menacing look :p

Thanks man! Now I just need to be more Geth-looking and I'm golden if I can't get this stupid bucket to work.

Last edited:
Re: Cerberus Trooper foam armor *WIP* Partial Suit up!

Oh yeah, it stinks like mad. haha! I used to use it in a tiny apartment, just had to open all the windows I could (which wasn't many!) and use a respirator. Takes most of the smell off, which is great. Don't blame you for not using it though, the fumes are pretty horrible if you're not used to it!

Great job on the belt bits, very clean!

Oh yeah, it stinks like mad. haha! I used to use it in a tiny apartment, just had to open all the windows I could (which wasn't many!) and use a respirator. Takes most of the smell off, which is great. Don't blame you for not using it though, the fumes are pretty horrible if you're not used to it!

Great job on the belt bits, very clean!

Thanks...The belt looks more "organic" than it does in the reference pics, but I'm trying to approach this like it was made for someone with nerve endings and pinch points. I should be able to bring back some of the sharper lines with paint detail...

Loving this build! You are a true craftsmen!

Thanks for the compliment. I honestly don't know what I'm doing...Just making it up as I go. ;)

1. ....WOOOOOOOOOW.... that looks awesome ^^ great job

2. do you will share your file? if you do it... please post it on the Mass Effect File Thread
http://www.therpf.com/f24/mass-effect-pepakura-file-archive-tali-helmet-added-more-186674/
and take a look to it maybe you find some intresting things

3. and if you need a special model from Mass Effect as pep-file... tell me... so i take a look ^^

I can't wait to see it all complete :cool:

1. ....WOOOOOOOOOW.... that looks awesome ^^ great job

2. do you will share your file? if you do it... please post it on the Mass Effect File Thread
http://www.therpf.com/f24/mass-effect-pepakura-file-archive-tali-helmet-added-more-186674/
and take a look to it maybe you find some intresting things

3. and if you need a special model from Mass Effect as pep-file... tell me... so i take a look ^^

I can't wait to see it all complete :cool:

Thanks for the encouragement!

I don't mind sharing the files at all. I've just about got all the kinks worked out (I've been modifying them as I go to make it as user friendly as possible) but the Armor from neck to knees is ready for someone else to play with. I don't have an account with 4shared, but if you PM me your email address I'll send them to you to upload if that works.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I don't mind sharing the files at all. I've just about got all the kinks worked out (I've been modifying them as I go to make it as user friendly as possible) but the Armor from neck to knees is ready for someone else to play with. I don't have an account with 4shared, but if you PM me your email address I'll send them to you to upload if that works.

hello, i was just curious as to where you got the files for this build ive been dieing to get my hands on the cerberus armor!!

hello, i was just curious as to where you got the files for this build ive been dieing to get my hands on the cerberus armor!!

I created them myself after I couldn't find them either. Check the 1st post for more info. Also, the Pep files I made will be shared at some point. Just waiting on them to be uploaded.

looks really clean and nice ^_^

Thank you!

I created them myself after I couldn't find them either. Check the 1st post for more info. Also, the Pep files I made will be shared at some point. Just waiting on them to be uploaded.

Thank you!

ah i see,damn must have been pretty challenging thats awesome though! it looks really badass and alright will you charge or will they be for free??

ah i see,damn must have been pretty challenging thats awesome though! it looks really badass and alright will you charge or will they be for free??

It was probably more challenging because this is my very first armor build and the first time I've ever used pepakura.

The files will be free. My first attempt at armoring isn't going to be my last and I welcome any and all comments and criticisms that anyone may have.
I don't know how to learn something new if I don't screw it up first. ;)

It was probably more challenging because this is my very first armor build and the first time I've ever used pepakura.

The files will be free. My first attempt at armoring isn't going to be my last and I welcome any and all comments and criticisms that anyone may have.
I don't know how to learn something new if I don't screw it up first. ;)

alrighty thats a bet! ive been scrolling looking at the work and im just in awe i could never do something like that from scratch lol i dont have that kind of 3-d mindset i've been playing with pepakura for about a year now and ive made several masks from army of two iron man and i attempted at making n7 armor but i believe the scaling is meant for a giant when i finished the thigh it took up my butt and my knee and im 5'10 220 mma fighter haha

I had the same problem when I first tried making this suit. I'm not at all built like the guy in the model, so when I did the unfolds, I broke everything down into sections so it could be scaled independent of each other.

The leg is separate from the boot, the Abs section is separate from the chest/shoulders, and the arms are seperate from the body completely.

I learned a lot from how the veterans here on the RPF do their builds, so all the credit for the way I do things is completely theirs. I literally spent hours pouring over build threads before I bought my first pack of foam.
Honestly, I wouldn't have done half as well as I have if it weren't for guys like Stealth, XRobots, and Bill Doran at Punished Props (dunno if he's a member here or not).

Thanks to their willingness to share what they've learned through trial and error, I had a head start on tackling this.

I had the same problem when I first tried making this suit. I'm not at all built like the guy in the model, so when I did the unfolds, I broke everything down into sections so it could be scaled independent of each other.

The leg is separate from the boot, the Abs section is separate from the chest/shoulders, and the arms are seperate from the body completely.

I learned a lot from how the veterans here on the RPF do their builds, so all the credit for the way I do things is completely theirs. I literally spent hours pouring over build threads before I bought my first pack of foam.
Honestly, I wouldn't have done half as well as I have if it weren't for guys like Stealth, XRobots, and Bill Doran at Punished Props (dunno if he's a member here or not).

Thanks to their willingness to share what they've learned through trial and error, I had a head start on tackling this.

ooh i understand what you mean, i take it they have tutorials on how to scale and unfold and whatnot? id love to learn how to make this i have plenty of friends who enjoy this kind of stuff but dont know how to make it or get ahold of it so im like the only one in the group that has made anything and is willing to attempt it plus we all wanted to look really cool and futuristic walking around the texas ren fest haha

ooh i understand what you mean, i take it they have tutorials on how to scale and unfold and whatnot? id love to learn how to make this i have plenty of friends who enjoy this kind of stuff but dont know how to make it or get ahold of it so im like the only one in the group that has made anything and is willing to attempt it plus we all wanted to look really cool and futuristic walking around the texas ren fest haha

I am cnc ing this helmet, so I would love the armor to go with it. I have never done foam before, or scaled it to size. So any info you could give me would be appropriated.

I am cnc ing this helmet, so I would love the armor to go with it. I have never done foam before, or scaled it to size. So any info you could give me would be appropriated.

all i really know is pepakura... im not to savvy with foam work all ive done is fiberglass masks and made a sheet metal knight helmet...im trying to get the resources to build the armor but as of right now i dont even know how to scale it nor work with it properly...if i could id do it out of sheet metal i have plenty of that plus having a metal suit of cerberus armor would look extremely cool haha

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back