Mass effect 3: Garrus Vakarian COMPLETED

MNCProps

I'll be cracking up that Turian for August. Its build will be an hybrid between Foam build and Worbla detailing. Meaning most of the suit will be made of eva foam but some of the small and more organic detail will be made of Worbla. I started with the most important part the mask which, if fail will undermine the rest of the suit.
I used the pep files found in the mass effect thread for the shape and ease up on the scaling process. I then transfer everything on foam as a frame

View attachment 458503 View attachment 458508

that foam frame was then cover with a thin layer of worbla, which I started sculpting from. adding layer when need to

View attachment 458511 DSC07719.JPG

that's it for the moment more update are on the way

Last edited:
Re: Mass effect 3: Garrus Vakarian WIP

the mandible were done the same way using Eva foam as a base.
DSC07723.JPG
took an other hour and a half to finalize the jaw as well
DSC07727.JPG
I put some small hinges in the corner and blend them in the piece
DSC07728.JPGDSC07729.JPG

so for now I got some problem with the cable system which is not strong enough to withstand repeated abuse. I tried 0,10" illusion cord to make it invisible but the friction on the worbla got the better of it. any input?

Awesome, awesome start! Looking forward to seeing it come together. Not sure what to tell you about the cables, would fishing line be too thin then? Best of luck-

the armor smithing have began. the chest piece even tho it scale and proportion to my size. I still feel like I'm inside a big egg shell
DSC08016.JPGDSC08018.JPGDSC08019.JPG

This looks absolutely amazing! If you don't mind answering, what is the white material that you're building details with on the mask? Is it a clay of some sort? Thank you in advance!

This looks absolutely amazing! If you don't mind answering, what is the white material that you're building details with on the mask? Is it a clay of some sort? Thank you in advance!
I don't mind I got that question often about it. The while is painted worbla. As I was working on the mask itself I painted area that were finish white. That way, I wouldn't go back on area that I've already finished.

and an other update on Garrus progress keep in mind that nothing have yet to be weather.
arms are glued painted and clear coated
DSC08071.JPGDSC08135.JPGDSC08138.JPG
the body armor is finish and in the process of being sealed
DSC08055.JPG
and the boots platform are done and ready to be cover up
DSC08050.JPG

since the last weeks of progress were made in a short time due to the con approaching, I haven't took much WIP picture so.. here what I got
DSC08146.JPG
mask before paint was finish... in the hotel room XD
DSC08195.JPG
the visor is held by one neodymium magnet inside of the mask and two washer in the visor itself
DSC08194.JPG

beside all the lack of picture the suit was finish in a rush AND got a huge success to my surprise
11745575_574063336069486_3132260629072616761_n.jpg
I even manage to see my favorite photograph who took amazing picture that I later photoshoped a bit
garrus paleven moon copy.png

Well done! what type of or magnet did you use? I tried using n52's but mounting them proved to be impossible, how'd you manage it?

I used a rectangle neodymium magnet around 1 1/2 inch long that I embedded into the mask material (worbla) put I don't remember which type of neodymium. I added around 1/4 inch worbla over it so It won't rip off the washer from the visor. Which is completely made out of foam.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back