Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

I would like to see that comic story play out, but without Civil War and Spider-Man in the mix it just wouldn't be the same. Of course they can never have the same range of characters as in the comics to convey the impact, but perhaps it can happen to a certain degree maybe around Phase 5. But by then the key characters like Cap and Iron Man will be phased out or recast.

But yeah to remove Cap during Phase 3, his death seems to be the only way out, unless they continue doing other character films along with team up movies where they mention and reference Cap (like he is in the same universe) without necessarily showing him in the movies.

Posted that HitFix article link few posts above where Spidey crossover news was first mentioned. I love Spider-Man, he is my favourite superhero and always will be. But I don't want him to be appear in Avengers 3 or any other Marvel team up movie beyond a cameo role, as there are so many other Marvel characters that could use the spotlight rather than Spider-Man. Though if Marvel and Sony get to collaborate on standalone Spidey films I would totally welcome that.

Marvel event at The El Capitan Theatre in LA. Begins in about 1 hour at 11 am Pacific.

B1DKcVgCYAEhD7y.jpg

I hoping for some surprises beyond Black Panther and Ms. Marvel movie announcements. They haven't been announced yet, but they will be eventually. I am looking forward to those two solo films, but the announcement itself won't be much of a surprise unless they are naming actors as well.

Writer Dan Slott tweeted this two hours back. Could be related to his comic crossover Spider-Verse, but Spider-Man as part of Marvel Studios in an upcoming crossover film could be a strong possibility.

15649377141_47dd9ca83c_o.png

I think that is keeping expectations too high, I won't be disappointed if they don't announce Spider-Man, but would be great if they do it along with other character movie announcements as well.

kimmasters: "My colleague @ Borys_Kit notes Marvel gives news at big fan event; Warner reveals DC comics news to investors. Worth noting."

rob_keyes: " Joss Whedon, Russos, Derrickson, Feige - all in attendance for #MarvelEvent "

"We didn't bring you here today to give you information you already know." - Feige. #MarvelEvent

Phase 3

B1DbRZMCYAA674T.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Captain America 3 is subtitled Serpent Society.

- - - Updated - - -

B1Dbvm9CUAEzseH.jpg

"THOR: RAGNAROK is the key film in Phase Three, starts right after AVENGERS 2. #MarvelEvent"

"Ragnarok will re-invent Thor the way Cap 2 re- invented Steve."

B1Dca8GCYAEpbla.jpg

Captain America: Civil War - May 6th, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4th, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28th, 2017
Black Panther - November 3rd, 2017
Inhumans - November 2nd, 2018
Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1 - May 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6th, 2018
Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 2 - May 2019

What's scribbled under the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 title?

crazy to think that when Avengers Infinity War Part 2 comes out, it will be movie number 20 in the MCU.

But darn it, I still want to see another Hulk movie with Ruffy. The Norton one was set-up for a sequel.

Take a black light to the El Capitan right now and the inside will light-up like a Jackson Pollock painting. :cool

Is it a good representation of his spring period?

recycled joke gets a recycled response:D

- - - Updated - - -

What's scribbled under the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 title?

I think it says "Electric Boogaloo" but I have bad eyesight and think that should be the title for all sequels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full date line up INCLUDING DC movies (as a nice side-by-side reference.)

Some pretty tight release times lined against one another. I think I might sell my place in 2018 and just rent out a closet at the movie theater.

MCU MAY 01 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
MCU JUL 17 2015: Ant-Man
DCU MAR 25 2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
MCU MAY 04 2016: Captain America: Civil War
DCU AUG 05 2016: Suicide Squad
MCU NOV 04 2016: Dr. Strange
MCU MAY 05 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
DCU JUN 23 2017: Wonder Woman
MCU JUL 28 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
MCU NOV 03 2017: Black Panther (w/ Chadwick Boseman)
DCU NOV 17 2017: Justice League
DCU MAR 23 2018: Flash
MCU MAY 06 2018: Avengers: Infinity War Part I
MCU JUL 06 2018: Captain Marvel
DCU JUL 27 2018: Aquaman
MCU NOV 02 2018: The Inhumans
MCU MAY 03 2019: Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
DCU APR 5 2019: Shazam!
DCU APR 5 2020: Cyborg
DCU JUN 19 2020: Green Lantern

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back