Is there hope?!

Really, only season 1 was that way. After that they really got more into story arcs than stand alone episodes.

Yeah, just like most scifi shows, after a couple seasons, they started doing wider spanning story arcs, some of which went multiple seasons.

I watched and own the whole series on DVD, so I know about the season arcs, but even so, their arcs were a lot...hmm..."softer" than other shows that are ALL about the ongoing story. There were definitely "throwaway" episodes that didn't tie into anything, and some seasons would only have like 4-5 episodes that connected, and you'd really end up more with a bigger season finale that'd cliffhanger into a resolution next season.

None of that was bad, mind you. for it's time, it was entirely appropriate and was "state of the art." A very "90s" feeling show.

This is a bit odd...

Darkfall - When, without warning, modern forms of power and technology become a thing of the past, Los Angeles, and the world at large, becomes a place where magic rules and life as we know it is turned upside down. Writers: Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris (Kung Fu Panda, Sleeper Cell). A production of The Jim Henson Company and Universal Cable Productions.
NBC has given series orders for shows from Ryan Murphy and J.J. Abrams, the network announced today. The Glee creator is bringing a different family comedy to NBC in the form of The New Normal, while the man who brought us Lost is sticking with his sci-fi/mystery roots with the drama Revolution

Revolution, starring David Lyons (The Cape), Billy Burke (Twilight) and Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), takes place in a world where all energy sources have mysteriously disappeared. The series was written by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke and is executive produced by Abrams, Kripke, Burke and Iron Man director Jon Favreau.
OK, parallel development is one thing, but two similar shows from the same company? I don't get it...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back