Marvel Legends Ant-Man helmet revealed

So, I’ve got my repaint mostly done. Still a WIP, working a little on the weathering.

I am happy with it but there is definitely some stuff I can and will do better next time. It was my first project in about 5 months, in a new booth. I am definitely a little rusty! Next time will be a little cleaner and closer to my standards.

I decided to give it a brushed metal finish like the Civil War helmet, because I find it looks better personally. I did my best selecting colors from the reference available. Almost every color is custom mixed.

When I get a chance I’ll grab better photos, the full 360. Finally, I will be becoming a premium member again and offering my services on this and pretty much anything else in the near future, so keep an eye out on the project runs threads if you are interested.

A5AE08A6-B2B0-4603-A434-DA771AE184C9.jpeg

Looks great as always, I'm definitely a fan of your work.
Itll be another month before I can start mine, I'm already taking my time on another personal project and I want all focus to be on this when the time is right.

So, I’ve got my repaint mostly done. Still a WIP, working a little on the weathering.

I am happy with it but there is definitely some stuff I can and will do better next time. It was my first project in about 5 months, in a new booth. I am definitely a little rusty! Next time will be a little cleaner and closer to my standards.

I decided to give it a brushed metal finish like the Civil War helmet, because I find it looks better personally. I did my best selecting colors from the reference available. Almost every color is custom mixed.

When I get a chance I’ll grab better photos, the full 360. Finally, I will be becoming a premium member again and offering my services on this and pretty much anything else in the near future, so keep an eye out on the project runs threads if you are interested.

View attachment 1015129

WELL DONE!!!

Just finished putting mine back together. Many things I would do differently, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not hard to make it look better than the original paint.

Attachments

• IMG_2725 copy.jpg
    IMG_2725 copy.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 474
Can anyone confirm if these red lenses are coated like the Star Lord version? I was able to pick one up second-hand and the only thing wrong with it was they were scratched up a little bit.

Hey, I know i am late but has anyone tried removing the head brace thing? My head is too big and the back flap won't close. Im thinking of replacing the head brace to helmet liner like the roan iron man helmet. Is that a good idea?

My collection is almost complete!

Hey, I know i am late but has anyone tried removing the head brace thing? My head is too big and the back flap won't close. Im thinking of replacing the head brace to helmet liner like the roan iron man helmet. Is that a good idea?View attachment 1031938View attachment 1031939View attachment 1031940
My collection is almost complete!
Yeah, I pulled it out of my helmet. I had the same problem, so I added three pieces of padding and duct taped the backflap closed.

cpcHNWVh.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back