Mannequin Store - Flexible Mannequins

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Spankuh, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Spankuh

Spankuh Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. hellz manik

hellz manik Active Member

hey bro, i would stay away from those. They dont hold the pose very will, and unreliable. A solid mannequin is what you need, with strong joints if your looking for posing.

3. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

4. Spankuh

Hellz - have you used one of these before?

5. Skruffy

Skruffy Active Member

I have 2 of these that I recently purchased, though I got mine for $100 less than these cost. I really like them. I have one displaying my screen-used Dragon Corps armor (from Legend of the Seeker) which is a fairly heavy costume with a boiled leather chest, chainmail sleeves, heavy leather belts, and lots of layers. The mannequin stays up, though he is a bit on the wobbly side. If you're planning to use one to display something on the lighter side (stormtrooper armor, for example) then they are great!

6. Spankuh

Where did you get yours from? I would be using these for Sandtrooper and Fett costume displays.

Thanks!

HH

7. Skruffy

Skruffy Active Member

I got them from a guy in my local garrison... keep your eyes on the 501st forums, I believe he will be offering them up there soon if he has not done so already (assuming you are a member...) If not, LMK and I will PM you his contact info.

8. Spankuh

Not in the 501st yet. I'd appreciate the info!

HH

9. Skruffy

Skruffy Active Member

PM sent. :)

10. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

I know someone that purchased a similar mannequin, not sure which vendor. It was advertised as 5'5" tall and headless. Either it was mis-advertised or they sent the wrong one, because it was over 5'9" at the top of the neck.