Mandalorian Reference Thread

Is it just me or the red buttons on the rank bar looks awfully opaque... It looks more opaque in motion since I don't see any light scattering through them. I am concerned if I should cut some acrylics or something. I wish I wasn't this obsessed with minor details!

I’m glad you posted this question. I had ordered a rank bar and realized that the middle white button is opaque. As for the red it still looks a bit translucent to me. But if anyone else can chime it, that would be great.

As for attaching it to the bag, some use Chicago style screws, and others are using double cap rivets. Based on all the screenshots., it does appear to be double cap rivets. What have others used to attached the rank bar to the bag?

I’m glad you posted this question. I had ordered a rank bar and realized that the middle white button is opaque. As for the red it still looks a bit translucent to me. But if anyone else can chime it, that would be great.

As for attaching it to the bag, some use Chicago style screws, and others are using double cap rivets. Based on all the screenshots., it does appear to be double cap rivets. What have others used to attached the rank bar to the bag?

I think the cap rivets are too small compared to the rank bar squares and the chicago screws are not a match. Both sides have holes or screw notches.

I have seen screws like Chicago screws that have a complete smooth end like you see on the bag. I don't know if those are another type of Chicago screw or what?

Like this. I searched for Chicago screws and it mostly brought up the kind with a hole in the end. The Mando ones may not have the beveled edge but I think they used this type.

LQ Industrial 75 Sets Black M5 Chicago Screw Assorted Kit Slotted Phillip Head Binding Screws Rivet Assembly Bolt Nail Rivet for Book Binding DIY Leather Craft M5x6 M5x10 M5x12

1580315837824.png

Posted this in the Anovos thread but thought I would drop it hear as well about the Anovos Mando helmet and BBTS:

Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS) rules. Although it was frustrating getting my amazing EFX Boba Helmet later than others it arrived double boxed as always and is perfect.

Sadly some Mando helmets are showing up with paint that is way too dark, scratches on visors, etc. I emailed BBTS and let them know and as a result I wanted to cancel my Anovos Mando helmet. I told them a refund is fine, or apply toward one of my many pre-orders, or store credit was fine as that is easy to spend there:)

Within one hour I had an email back saying they applied the down payment to a store credit in my account and cancelled the Anovos Mando helmet. He said they had received other similar complaints about the Mando helmet but he was happy to hear how much I loved the EFX Boba. He said he hopes and thinks they will have the EFX Mando helmet for pre-order soon but I did not want to take any chances so I ordered it on payments from Chronicle Collectibles.

Ironically I did not even want the stinking Mando series. I wanted a Boba series and now, ofcourse, I can't get enough Mando. Helmet, Baby Yoda knob, Blaster, Baby Yoda bag and strap, Beskar bar, Pendent, 1/6 IG-11 1st version 1/6 Mando, ...oh my. Ofcourse I will have to get that cute little 1/1 bugger at some point as well.

You're lucky you ordered from BBTS and not directly from Anovos. I am still waiting for refunds that I was promised over a year ago from orders cancelled from Anovos.

What is the thought on the belt modification? Rivets, Cap Screws? Just curious to see what you guys been doing with yours?

-RS

Having the XL belt in hand and looking at the spacing of the grommets, i think a standard button cap looks right. Im gonna try the typical hammer on type.

Having the XL belt in hand and looking at the spacing of the grommets, i think a standard button cap looks right. Im gonna try the typical hammer on type.

I used double capped 1/2in (12-13mm) rivets in nickel. I’ll try and post pictures when i can. Just know that there are two versions of the bag that have the rivets in two different locations on the belt. One has it at the 7th row and the other is at the edge in the 8th row.

As discussed previously, the rank bar is attached using a different method. I’m still trying to hunt that down. As the front definitely looks like it’s a Chicago flat screw with a slight bevel. But the back side looks like a flat rivet when you see the bag open.

Please post your bags if you’ve done one. This is going to be my go to bag for Disney Bounding.

One of the Blasters in the weapons locker on the Razor Crest uses a Bushnell Phantom 1.3 scope. The scope is mounted backwards and has the eyepiece cut off and replaced with 'Greeblies.' This blaster is also later used by one of the Guild Bounty hunters.
The Bushnell Scope was also used on Cara Dune's Nambu Pistol. This time mounted correctly but, again, the rear eyepiece was cut down.
View attachment 1244835View attachment 1244836View attachment 1244837View attachment 1244838View attachment 1244839View attachment 1244840View attachment 1244841View attachment 1244842View attachment 1244843View attachment 1244844View attachment 1244845View attachment 1244846View attachment 1244847
Wonderful thread!! Has anybody identified the Pistol itself? The scope being a Bushnel... but the gun? any ideas? thanks!!

I think those double capped rivets wouldn’t be long enough to get through two layers of that thick strap material, I could see Chicago screws being used in that case because they come in varying lengths.

Here’s how some 5/8” snap caps look on the strap, they look the right size to me, but unfortunately aren’t long enough to get through two layers of strap. Luckily my bag also came with extra brass loops I can use in this spot.
1133F8A2-79F4-4250-96B1-5C349A07BA85.jpeg
6FAD79C5-4CA1-4134-AD9D-5D3D6FE07D64.jpeg

I’m using 12mm (cap) x 9mm (post) double capped rivets.

IMG_0392_Small.jpg
IMG_0393_Small.jpg

As long as you're not going through two sets of grommets then these rivets are fine.

IMG_0396_Small.jpg
IMG_0394_Small.jpg
IMG_0395_Small.jpg

IMG_0397_Small.jpg
IMG_0398_Small.jpg

I’m sure this size is pretty close to the on screen.
IMG_0401_Small.jpg
IMG_0400_Small.jpg
IMG_0405_Small.jpg

IMG_0404_Small.jpg

I’m currently waiting on my rank bar before I put everything together, but getting close.

Attachments

• IMG_0401_Small.jpg
    IMG_0401_Small.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
yeah youre right that looks good. Where did you get the slider ring? Also, does it look like theres only one rivet on the left side where the buckle end of the strap connects to the bag? On the bag side..

The slider is a 2in rounded metal loop from Strapworks. Someone in the Parts of Star Wars facebook page posted it. I had the rivets from years ago when I was going to try and do leather pouches for a Jedi belt. The rivet size should be readily available.

I think it’s a double rivet on both left and right sides. I have a feeling it’s spaced apart similar to the belt
grommets.

Attachments

• 15805084779185266753116800366990.jpg
    15805084779185266753116800366990.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 274
  • 15805084988702412788329310301985.jpg
    15805084988702412788329310301985.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
Not sure if anyone is interested in seeing this since I never got any comments when I posted up the first time, but here's the current state of the Mandalorian blaster I'm building. It still needs more paint, weathering and simulated wooden grip, but the actual building of it is pretty much done. It's not 100% accurate by any means, but I feel it's close enough to pass. This was all hand built. No 3D printed pieces.

1581363196417.png
1581363214331.png

Finally completed the "punching bag". Double capped rivets on everything except for the rank badge which came with Chicago screws.

IMG_0416_Small.jpg
IMG_0419_Small.jpg
IMG_0420_Small.jpg

Detail of the rivet. This was a bit tough to attach as it was going through 3 layers of canvas, but managed to squeeze it together.

IMG_0417_Small.jpg
IMG_0418_Small.jpg

This is one version of the on screen bag. The other has the rivets at the edge of grommets. Still debating if I should weather the rank badge or just let it happen over time.

This is one version of the on screen bag. The other has the rivets at the edge of grommets.

Do you have a screen cap or two illustrating the two versions of the bag? I’ve been following this thread and tried to spot this in the episode but am feeling a bit clueless.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back